UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Need some help from the Practical Machinist Community

Hello,
    Long time listener, first time caller to Practical Machinist. I started up a small shop in my garage this year. After securing a job to put them to work, I bought some used equipment, got it all set up and running. My problem is my lathe. All the information for lever positions for different feeds and threading is worn away. I have not had any luck finding anything on the interweb. While I have found several pictures, the resolution is not good enough on any of them for me to be able to copy down the information. If anyone has a hi-res picture of this headstock, or can direct me to where I can find this information, I would greatly appreciate it. The machine is a Lagun American Turnmaster 13x40. I am including a picture of my lathe, plus one of the pictures I found online that I cannot retrieve information from. Thanks.
    lagun-13x40.jpg20200109111232114_l.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

welcome. I can't help, but just to let you know, you would get better results if you posted something more specific in your title. something like "Lagun 13x40 thread + speed charts needed"

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zach201 View Post
    Hello,
    Long time listener, first time caller to Practical Machinist. I started up a small shop in my garage this year. After securing a job to put them to work, I bought some used equipment, got it all set up and running. My problem is my lathe. All the information for lever positions for different feeds and threading is worn away. I have not had any luck finding anything on the interweb. While I have found several pictures, the resolution is not good enough on any of them for me to be able to copy down the information. If anyone has a hi-res picture of this headstock, or can direct me to where I can find this information, I would greatly appreciate it. The machine is a Lagun American Turnmaster 13x40. I am including a picture of my lathe, plus one of the pictures I found online that I cannot retrieve information from. Thanks.
    lagun-13x40.jpg20200109111232114_l.jpg
    Contact Republic-Lagun.

As they say:

"With more than three million replacement parts and accessories in stock..."

They pride themselves on solid support for the products they sell and HAVE sold.

About Us - Lagun

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That appears to be a Colchester Master 2500 clone. Right down to the "quick-fade" data plate.

There are decent pictures of the Colchester Master 2500 and Triumph 2000 (same except for speeds) out on the internet. Pending better information, whether direct from Lagun or a user, hunt down one of those and verify a couple of the screw cutting settings. I see no reason why they should be different from the original.

All the small levers will behave the same as on the Colchester.

Clive

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm new to the forum, I will use better titles in the future. Also, my thanks and response have been delayed because I expected to get an email or something letting me know someone had replied to my post. Thanks again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

P.S. Is there a way to be notified when someone replies to a post?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zach201 View Post
    P.S. Is there a way to be notified when someone replies to a post?
    Under "Thread Tools" (just above the first post), click "Subscribe to this thread".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the 22x120 version of that lathe. I can take some pictures of the plates for you tomorrow. But if you can get a replacement plate from the manufacturer, that is going to be the best option

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Spruewell, that would be greatly appreciated.