What's new
What's new

Punch tooling, maybe dapping I dont know please tell me

mat89RS1

Aluminum
Well me again, please educate me on what this is , its japanese made by Ishii, some ballnoses, half balls ?

Maybe a kit to work jewellery ? I have that sitting without knowing where it goes or what it does.

Attachments

• 20150521.jpg
    20150521.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 463
  • 20150521_204336.jpg
    20150521_204336.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 201505212.jpg
    201505212.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 427
They look more like ends for an early CMM or similar machine. In the early days of coordinate measuring machines they used to have sets of different probes. They would have all kinds of shapes for different applications.

Charles

I certainly don't know, but something about those reminds me of ultrasonic welder/tester tooling. Probably something totally different.

Whatever they are, they aren't hand tools, and therefore extremely unlikely to be jewelers' tools.

They look more like ends for an early CMM or similar machine. In the early days of coordinate measuring machines they used to have sets of different probes. They would have all kinds of shapes for different applications.

Charles

Since it includes some cutting tools, I am unsure of that. I looked up Ishii on google and it said it was a manufacturer of unusual HSS cutting tools.

Well I missed that part, perhaps for cutting clay with a router? That would explain the half round ones you mentioned.

Charles

Still lost on this but I got a little more info, it belonged to a company called DBM Reflex that made car reflectors and led headlights...:scratchchin:

My first guess that comes to mind (and it IS a guess) is that they are a set of tracer mill styli, for a hydraulic tracer unit.

Never used one, but as I understand, you select a stylus that matches the milling cutter being used, and spend a bunch of your life carefully tracing out the original or template while the machine follows you along, yeah?

Cheers
Trev

My first guess that comes to mind (and it IS a guess) is that they are a set of tracer mill styli, for a hydraulic tracer unit.

Never used one, but as I understand, you select a stylus that matches the milling cutter being used, and spend a bunch of your life carefully tracing out the original or template while the machine follows you along, yeah?

Cheers
Trev

I think you are right, anybody can tell me what the shank diameter on a True-trace is ?

I think you are right, anybody can tell me what the shank diameter on a True-trace is ?
I just picked up a True-Trace 3D machine. Will pull the stylus and measure it if I go to the shop today or tomorrow.
uploadfromtaptalk1437833044850.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437833103509.jpg

FYI, I have no idea how to use this thing.

Perfect thank you, pretty close, 10 mm shank in the kit, probably an european standard for another hydraulic tracer.

Back