What's new
What's new

STARRETT: Please Identify, What’s Missing?

It looks like you're missing the clamp, a snug and the short rod.
I'll post a picture of mine. Not sure of the catalog number of the set.
CWC(4)

Here's a picture of a more complete set.
This is a 196 series (the plunge back indicator) and the other parts are considered "Attachments for Starrett No. 196 Series Universal Test Indicators". Not sure what the set was called in the catalog.
CWC(4)

IMG_7623.jpg

Here's a picture of a more complete set.
This is a 196 series (the plunge back indicator) and the other parts are considered "Attachments for Starrett No. 196 Series Universal Test Indicators". Not sure what the set was called in the catalog.
CWC(4)

View attachment 272365

Hello,
Thank you, I think I can use the one “t” attachment to index to the inside of a bore or back of a flange on the lathe.

Yes, that's what Starrett called a "Hole Attachment" to indicate inside a hole or a bore (or around an obstruction).
One ball on the cross "T" contacts the plunger on the back of the indicator and the other ball goes down in the hole/bore.

Newest catalog I have is 1979??? It shows the clamp and short post together as Cat# 196G. They show 2 “sleeves complete” (I call them snugs) that clamp to the posts with a swivel for another rod.

Cat# 196K has 1/4” & 5/16” holes and Cat #196L has 1/4” and 3/8” holes. My 1980 Cat. Says the clamp is $6.10 and the 2 snugs (sleeves) are $5.10ea. LOL!

Good luck with those prices,
Matt

Attachments

• Starrett_Pg17.jpg
    Starrett_Pg17.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 84

Back