What's new
What's new

Takisawa TSL 800

Peerless

Plastic
Wanted something with plenty of capacity but a small footprint and at an affordable price. Bought this 1981 TSL-800 on Jan 15 2005, had it in service as shown after complete work up Feb. 7 2005. Takes up the same space as cheap new China made But will do the Job!! It dose way 1 1/4 tons throw and we had to move it all by hand. A good time was had by all!!
vwp

Yes thats the one, Just learning I'll try to do better. But it did not look like that at first. Glade to send Photo by E-mail to anyone if thay like. Or if thay can show me how to post them I will try agen.

Add one more Takisawa owner. Bought a TSL 800D off of Ebay about a month ago. Not in bad shape, but needs some tlc and some touchup of a marginally OK repaint to machine gray. I have joined the Yahoo group and will have some questions in that forum.

Hey DC,

Just curious, what is the condition of the paint? Every older Takisawa I’ve seen so far has paint falling off in sheets. Best I can tell is that the factory was using a bad paint or body filler formula that never seemed to fully set. Right now, mine is totally stripped down for a complete repaint (next in line after I finish up with my mill):

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/TakPaint.JPG

While I was stripping it, I could still notice the smell of wet paint, even after 25 years!

BTW, I have all the technical documents for the TSL posted in the machinery manual section.

Derek

Re the factory paint. I know what you mean from what I have seen of auction photos. The guy I bought it from had repainted it and did a so-so job. Some areas I am going to have to redo, but he gave me the remains of his gallon of paint, plus hardener, so I know what brand/color it is.

Can't speak to the factory paint, because it is covered, but I can tell you the problem is probably the green base filler we would call Bondo. I swear they made it out of seaweed, because it is still soft and smells after 22 years. I know, because I redid the tail stock already.

Back