What's new
What's new

Vector Milling Machine

MR_Rose

Plastic
Hi All,

I'm new to the site so I apologise if this is in the wrong forum...

I've found a Taiwanese-made milling machine that I need to restore, but problem is: I can't find ANY info on the VECTOR brand! I assume this is just a carbon copy of a more well-known brand and is probably sold under many different names, but I can't identify it.

Has anyone seen something similar, or know where I might look for information about how this machine goes together?

Attachments

• IMG-20200122-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200122-WA0006.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG-20200122-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200122-WA0008.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-20200122-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200122-WA0007.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 238
Don't think you will find anything about this machine. Appears to be an import knock off that was branded at the receiving dock. Common for a lot of the Chinese/Taiwan knockoff's. Repair parts other than common items like bearings will most likely be unavailable. Need something you will have to make it.

Tom

I'm pretty sure the guy who sold it was Papa Smurf.

It'll be getting a smurfing good strip and repaint though, don't worry about that :)

Don't think you will find anything about this machine. Appears to be an import knock off that was branded at the receiving dock. Common for a lot of the Chinese/Taiwan knockoff's. Repair parts other than common items like bearings will most likely be unavailable. Need something you will have to make it.

Tom

Thanks Tom

Maybe I should start by saying I'm a complete novice when it comes to milling machines, and this is the first mill I'll be getting (not new to lathe work and machining in general, just couldn't afford a big mill until now).

I don't mind re-making parts at all; that's actual the only way possible in my neck of the woods due to high cost of spare parts.

There are just a few small bits and bobs on the machine that are missing that I'll need to know how are put together before I can make them. It's not an old mill (2004) and the major parts are in reasonable condition.

Was hoping someone would recognise the overall layout and be able to tell me what similar Taiwanese machines I could look at, hopefully one with a decent service manual!

Call-Email Eisen Machinery.They sell parts for a lot of Taiwan machinery.They be able to ID it for you.Enco sold a Korean mill that looked like that,can't remember the name but it started with a K.Look behind the mill just above the base and see if there is tag that will tell the country of origin and maybe the mfg.

Back