What's new
What's new

LeBlond Makino FNC-128 position loss

Atomkinder

Titanium
So I don't know if this is quite the right forum (Antique Machinery maybe? :D ) but we stumbled on a new problem today.

Running a simple key sizing op on a die set, and when the operator moves the table after the program has completed to check the keyway sizing, the machine loses its positioning as evidenced by where it tries to run the machine after changing the tool diameter offset.

At first we thought it was just the Y axis, and possibly an encoder, but when I asked him to try it again and move X and Y, it lost both. It WILL return to machine zero just fine, but then the control still doesn't seem to know where it is, and the position readout is funky. The only solution so far has been to turn off the machine completely, turn it back on and run the zero program (no auto zero here).

The control is a Fanuc 0MB, and the machine is from 1992 I believe. I've been told this is the first time this has ever happened, and as we're a little slow right now, we want to avoid bringing the tech in for the usual exorbitant amount.

Thoughts? I can easily provide photos if it helps.

Dumb as rocks.

Appears the Absolute/Incremental button was hit somewhere and he hadn't noticed it. I've never touched the damn thing so I didn't think of it. This explains why the machine could return in the homing program but the readout was funny. :wall:

Back