LeBlond Makino RMC 55 - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I run an FNC-60 with a Fanuc OMC control. I home the machine on every startup. If you want to can do as Triumph says, but this introduces opportunity for transcription errors on startup.

On shutdown, I leave the table at least 3" from the home position on every axis to prevent overtravels on startup.

Every startup, the first command I send the machine is

G28 X0. Y 0. Z 0.

This sends the machine to machine zero faster than using the "zero return" jog switches on the control. I'm not worried about crashes since the machine is always shut down with an empty spindle parked far from the table. If you're worried about crashes you can home Z before X and Y:

G28 Z0.
    G28 X0. Y0.

2. Likes alienturtle liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alienturtle View Post
    Ok cool thanks! I was given a bunch of parameter papers and a floppy disk that says backup on it. I guess im just not sure how the machine works yet so im not sure the steps to get it going. I wish there was a manual or something with a test i could do.

Thank you again for the help.
    I can send you some sample programs if you want, drill/mill etc.

There's an operator manual, I'm not sure if it steps you thru setting up machine, setting tools etc. The 0m is a very common control, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a youtube video that somebody has created to aid in setting X,Y,Z etc to be able to run.

4. Likes alienturtle liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That would be awesome! Thank all of you guys for the help

So sounds like there is a few ways to do it. Is executing the command for home the same as using the buttons on the control?

Ill have to see if i can find something that goes through tool setup and stuff with the fanuc om

My email is [email protected]

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another random question. What is the air pressure supposed to be set at on the regulator on the back of the machine?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alienturtle View Post
    Another random question. What is the air pressure supposed to be set at on the regulator on the back of the machine?
    80psi will work, anything less you might get sluggish tool ejection.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And another random question

The rmc55 does not have a tool changer as you know. I would like to tackle as a project making an ATC. More or less a holder tray off the side of the table that the machine will get over, drop down and drop or pick up a tool. This is done a lot on cnc routers. Im not worried about making the "holder tray" or ever figuring out how to write the macro program for a tool change but im worried about the spindle orientation when it stops. CAT40 has the ears that have to line up. Do the RMC55 machines stop the spindle in the same orientation every time? Im getting a little ahead of myself as im still getting the machine up and running but i thought it was worth asking.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, I'm pretty sure they don't orient the spindle. Been a while since i personally ran it, but I remember marking the spindle with a paint stripe so when you manually put a tool in, we could ensure we aligned the same ear with the stripe. Boring heads repeated better that way.