What's new
What's new

Makino A55 horizontal

WinnSpeedLock

Plastic
Here at Winn Speed Lock Vise we are looking to add a piece of equipment. I am going to go look at a 1992 Makino A55 that has been re-built. It still has the original Fanuc control on it. I am not familiar with Makino's equipment. I am looking for some feed back as to the quality and usability of this machine. We wouldn't be do any really heavy cuts on this machine, but we do need it to reliable. It has a 40 taper with a 40 tool atc and uses the same retention knob as my existing machine with a 40 taper, so it would be a good fit here. So input on this machine would be helpful.

Thanks

Steve Winn
Winn Speed Lock Vise

Makino has made high quality machines for many years. Support is funny as they want to charge anybody that is not one of their dealers for info. So local service is important. Fanuc is as reliable as you can find, and the support is top notch. The condition of the machine would be make or break for me, re-builds can be done right or not so much.

I purchased a working A55 HMC Makino and conducted full teardown and parts resale

superb machine Fanuc 16M control--parts prices have dropped dramatically

if you acquire the unit I have a full set of manuals available at no charge--you pay shipping

jh

Back