What's new
What's new

Makino S33 VMC/PRO 3/ M-CODES 250,251 & 253

HAIR SPLITTER

Plastic
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me based upon personal experience/knowledge. I need to save some cycle time and have been trying to investigate some machine capable M-CODES. I own a Makino S33, VMC , PRO3 , FANUC 18i-MB. Specific M-codes I am investigating are as follows:

M-250 (S) SGI STANDARD MODE (A BALANCE BETWEEN ACCURACY AND CYCLE TIME)

M-251 (S) SGI QUICK MODE (SHORTER CYCLE TIME,BUT REDUCED ACCURACY)

M-253 (S) SGI SPECIAL MODE (CUSTOMER DEFINED)

Thanks-a-million

Call Tech Equipment 1-800-852-0582 Ask for Applications. They will know, and help you as they are the Ohio distributor for Makino.

update: these functions showed zero results. Makino never called back after 2 phone calls. I installed the code correctly and observed the new cycle times. They were not improved.

Seperatly, I did find a simple M-code offered by makino in the S33.
M319 or "pre-orientation". When used in a move block back to Zero home (after machine op is finished). The machine does not stall 3-5 seconds under the m09 command. the coolant and spindle orientation are executed in the same block.

17 tool changes x 4 second average = 68 seconds saved cycle time.. Sad thing is that they ran these machines for 10 prior to my arrival withpout knowing this option.

Just blew their mind and their wallet out! Im going to go wait in line for my kick back now..........

17 tool changes x 4 second average = 68 seconds saved cycle time.. Sad thing is that they ran these machines for 10 years prior to my arrival withpout knowing this option.

Back