What's new
What's new

Opinions on Makino V55

Hebrewhammer8

Cast Iron
hey all,

I'm currently looking at a 2000 Makino V55 and i have a few questions about this machine. It has a 16i-m control on it with super geometric intelligence and i'm wondering what this is?

I'm also trying to source the mass of wisdom/opinions here about Makino's in general. If we got this machine it looks as if it would be Ellis Machinery in Seattle, Wa for service in our area. Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

It has a "die/mold package." What does this actually mean? Glass scales? super-precision something-or-other?

...and my final question, however vauge, is how accurate is this machine? could i repeatably take tenths(.0001" for our metric friends :rolleyes5:) off a milled 3-d surface.

Overall this machine looks like a good possibility in our machine search, now to convince the bossman:D

Thanks for your time and happy weekend :cheers:

super geometric intelligence

This is there version on HPCC on the FANUC controller it has at least 3 settings for the accuracy/cycle time you are trying to achieve.

I don't have any experience with Ellison, sorry no help there.

"die/mold package"

There are alot of options on these for this package, best to have them list the options for you.

"could i repeatably take tenths"

That will depend on how good the machine is. We have a V55 about that same year and it has been a very good machine and very accurate and fast. I assume it has the HSK 20K spindle plenty of power there for hardend steel thats what we cut with ours 99% of the time. I do like the Makinos and there support is very nice. I hope the boss will let you get it if it is still in good shape:).

ya it has the 20k spindle.

it has 12k hours in auto/spindle and 24k in power on. Seems like low hours for the year of the machine.

now if i can just get the damn used machinery dealers to email me back:willy_nilly:

thanks for the info!

Back