What's new
What's new

Random pallet mode (Makino)

jobbershoper

Aluminum
i'm running a leblond makino 4 axis horizantle mill with a pallet changer, The random pallet mode currently is not set for this machine, My question is, is this an add on to the machine or is there a parameter to unlock it so it can be used. it has all the buttons on the control and has the set up interface for it but when i select random mode the machine does nothing. i set it up according to the book for the machine. Has anyone used this before pros and cons if any. Also need to add memory to the machine it currently only has 59000 bytes free. So what im looking for is has some one used this and is it worth paying to have it? And if it's worth having i would need to add memory to the machine which would cost more.

I think if you only have 2 pallets on a stand alone machine then there is no functionality to the random pallet button. In Toyoda FMS language the random pallet mode is one in which there are multiple pallets in the system and the cell controller chooses the order in which each of the pallets are processed. My experience with this mode on a Toyoda system is that it basically chooses the pallets that are staged closest to the machine first then loads the pallets further away sequentially.

Memory is all about what you need for your parts. I had the maximum memory Fanuc had in there 16, 16I, and 31I controls. I would still over run there capacity from time to time. On a Toyoda, when the pallet changes to the outside the program associated with that pallet was dumped in preparation for the next pallet and program. If I had 2 large programmed jobs running at the same time I would cycle in a really short programmed job or sometimes just a pallet with a dwell program in it, 4 lines of code. That would clear out all of the memory in anticipation for the larger program.

Instead of upgrading memory $$$ you should be able to install a data server into the machine and run all of your programs that way. I have heard is was much more economical than the memory upgrade and with a server you have a ton more storage as compared.

Back