What's new
What's new

0t-----Inside Kalashnikov

AFAIK The AK was/is made in many factories all over the world not just in the USSR or Putainia.
Bill D

Just like every other Soviet weapon, most designs were sold to other ComBloc nations. Even non communist nations followed the design lead, the Finn's adopted a variant with their Valmet RK62, and the Swiss Stg.90 is a refined AK action. The Israeli Galil is another variation of the AK.

According to US collectors, the truest to form Soviet style AKM (modernized) available here was made by Maadi in Egypt. I believe you can still buy NIB Chinese SKS rifles in Canada.

Having been down range of the AK, I can attest that it is quite a valid platform for what it is. Reliable to a fault, not very accurate, not a long range shooter, but it took out a lot of 11b's in the sandbox.

Even saw some Khyber Pass examples, beaten together with nothing more than basic hand tools.

How are the barrels fixed on an AK?

That is about the only hard work in assembly of an AR type rifle.
(The video did concentrate on the assembly benches with little time spent on component fabrication. I would like to see the tooling that presses and processes the receivers.)

Did I miss that part?

How are the barrels fixed on an AK?

That is about the only hard work in assembly of an AR type rifle.
(The video did concentrate on the assembly benches with little time spent on component fabrication. I would like to see the tooling that presses and processes the receivers.)

Did I miss that part?

Earlier variants with milled receivers were screwed. The later stamped sheet metal receivers (AKM) had the barrel pinned to a milled trunnion that was riveted to the stamping.

Years ago, when AK kits came into the US sans receiver, there was a glut of learning how to properly rivet, and a call for specific sized rivets. Used to make the rivets on a CNC lathe, and milled forming dies for bending stamped 80% flats.

Literally, so easy a caveman can do it.

Years ago, when AK kits came into the US sans receiver, there was a glut of learning how to properly rivet, and a call for specific sized rivets. Used to make the rivets on a CNC lathe, and milled forming dies for bending stamped 80% flats.

Heated and "forged" with a shovel for material and a BBQ? as a heat source?
I couldnt quickly find a link to the shovel AK, it was posted here in the past.

Earlier variants with milled receivers were screwed. The later stamped sheet metal receivers (AKM) had the barrel pinned to a milled trunnion that was riveted to the stamping.

Ahh The same progression as the SKS
.. figures..... 'must be the "K".... ;-)

Back