New Factories
Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: New Factories

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New Factories

I watched an interview with Ford's CEO. Part of his problem was that the Japanese chip factory burned down. No problem. The Japs rebuilt the factory and are back in production!
    Is it any wonder that Western manufacturing is kaput? After 9 months we would still be discussing the landscaping.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gwelo62 View Post
    I watched an interview with Ford's CEO. Part of his problem was that the Japanese chip factory burned down. No problem. The Japs rebuilt the factory and are back in production!
    Is it any wonder that Western manufacturing is kaput? After 9 months we would still be discussing the landscaping.
    This is/was/still is a big "thing" in the UK with shortages.
    Gov stepped in many months ago, and advised chip suppliers to prioritise the car industry.
    Much to the annoyance of all the Aerospace OEMs and supply chain....

Edit:- UK PM when asked what was happening, said he had "the chips in hand"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gwelo62 View Post
    I watched an interview with Ford's CEO. Part of his problem was that the Japanese chip factory burned down.
    According to Motley Fool, the real problem was that when the virus first hit all the auto companies cancelled orders. Chip factories didn't care, the electronics biz is way bigger than auto (auto is about 10%) so they just redistributed the orders. Then later on car sales were higher than expected but too late, too bad so sad auto guys. Production time already be sold to others ...

Like so many things, stupid decisions being blamed on the virus when the truth is different.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    According to Motley Fool, the real problem was that when the virus first hit all the auto companies cancelled orders. Chip factories didn't care, the electronics biz is way bigger than auto (auto is about 10%) so they just redistributed the orders. Then later on car sales were higher than expected but too late, too bad so sad auto guys. Production time already be sold to others ...

Like so many things, stupid decisions being blamed on the virus when the truth is different.
    I read the same thing but you're not entirely right. It was based on the virus in many ways. The auto companies canceling the orders was because of the virus, the surge in electronic sales and shift of the chip market was also due to the virus and people staying home.

Not to worry though my wife showed me a headline this morning that New Jersey is going to start paying people who are being paid not to work to get back to work. California take notice this one is for you!

5. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And yet Ford just announced they are building 4 new factories, in Kentucky and Tennesee. And they are getting the Koreans to pay for about a quarter of the cost. Ford, SK to invest $11.4 bln to add electric F-150 plant, three battery factories | Reuters

Blue Oval City will be 3600 acres.

actually the japanese, germans, and koreans have built a few hundred factories in the US in the last ten years or so, mostly automotive, with virtually no fuss about landscaping. Various foreign companies, including Germans, Indians, and Russians, have built new steel mills in the USA relatively recently too.
    When there is an actual profit to be made, buildings go up.

7. Likes digger doug, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Big Three or now the Big Twelve came up with the J.I.T.
    delievery seems sometimes to bite em in the butt,eh?
    Gw

I prefer to have stk at hand,thats me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Don't forget about the new "sad days off"

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Deal View Post
    I read the same thing but you're not entirely right. It was based on the virus in many ways. The auto companies canceling the orders was because of the virus, the surge in electronic sales and shift of the chip market was also due to the virus and people staying home.

Not to worry though my wife showed me a headline this morning that New Jersey is going to start paying people who are being paid not to work to get back to work. California take notice this one is for you!

When to Take a Mental Health Day - The New York Times