Login to Your Account
Page 105 of 448 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 8954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Yeah, billions.

Dying would be so much cheaper, right? Anyone looked at the cost of healthcare to try to treat the unvaccinated? Maybe a bit (a lot) more than the cost of the vaccines??
    Well if the mortality rate of the vaccinated breakthrough cases is very close or matches the unvaccinated Covid mortality rate, then the cost of care for the vaccinated breakthrough patient would be greater then the cost of care for the unvaccinated all other things being equal.

The issue is that we have basically given big pharma a blank check for this. The initial assumption was that this would be a closed end cost. If booster shots are going to be required say every 6mo., we then have an open ended cost and a significant logistics problem to keep the whole thing going in addition to the question if the human immune system can tolerate continued boosters every 6mo.

2. Likes LccJester, Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Professor Damnifiknow"----The Biden/Harris administration is a train wreck of epic proportions. Democrats only have an interest in how much $$$$ Joe will send thier way.

The poor and homeless are overwhelming Democrat run cities. Public schools fail to educate the children. Small business is headed to extinction. But we celebrate liberal billionaires who fly for a few minutes at altitude and watch as the President makes sure the $$millions his son gets for "artwork" remains hidden.

But yeah "Damnifiknow" Orange Man Bad. Check the expiration date on your two jabs.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Effective vaccines that gives protection for at least 6 months"

Is that still the current claim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the issues not yet answered is whether or not a significant number of "breakthrough cases" actually got sick or simply tested positive. As I mentioned before, one concern with the mRNA "vaccines" is that some people may continue to manufacture the protein long after such activity should have ceased. In such cases the test may be detecting fragments of the artificial protein rather than detecting actual virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Democracy requires truth to survive. Republicans love lies because they want to destroy Democracy.

Straight Facts, Homie.
    And that statement is itself a lie. Politicians of both parties frequently lie, yet your rigid adherence to party prevents you from recognizing that.

PS: Although I generally vote Republican more than Democrat I am registered as Independent after abandoning the Republican party decades ago. In most cases I grudgingly vote for the candidate I deem least likely to harm me rather than actually wanting them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Tick Tick Tick

How long do the US approved vaccinations really last?

Are they really 98% effective---or has that been revised downwards? Is it now 88%? Or 60%?

We are lucky to have some here with a background and/or degree in science. Certainly they can provide an answer.
    It makes sense that a trump cult member would be looking for medical advice on a machinists forum and disavow any information from the medical community.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"The big story in the US is that there is a huge spike in Covid “Delta variant” cases, only infecting “unvaccinated” people. Get your shots or you’re at risk.
    Meanwhile, there is a huge spike in Covid Delta cases rising in Israel, where everyone is “vaccinated”. Get your booster shots, because Pfizer doesn’t work against Delta.
    Can these two stories be simultaneously true?"

Food for thought.

9. Likes Trueturning, Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In other Covid-19 related news....

Democrat seeks to introduce legislation banning a non elected citizen becoming Speaker Of The House.
    Is there some problem with that? It seems like it would be a good idea to have an elected official as speaker of the house.

Of course you trump cult members would probably like to see your cult leader be able to appoint anyone to any position that he wants to. But that won't happen because trumps days as president are totally behind us and will likely stay that way. Move over crazy cult people, the trump experiment was a dismal failure that won't be repeated.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...a cult member looking for medical advice on a machinists forum....

But yet Big B finds himself dispensing insightful anecdotes in a long thread in a machinists forum discussing and debating a medical topic.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

12. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    The issue is that we have basically given big pharma a blank check for this. The initial assumption was that this would be a closed end cost. If booster shots are going to be required say every 6mo., we then have an open ended cost and a significant logistics problem to keep the whole thing going in addition to the question if the human immune system can tolerate continued boosters every 6mo.
    I added to my post (2078), not sure if you saw it. But using the data I got from a couple reputable sites (feel free to check them) it was around $1.6B (Billion) A WEEK to treat covid hospitalizations over the last year. And the general economic disruption cost of in the range of a trillion.

To begrudge the drug companies their ~20-30 billion a year profits from their work is something I can't get agitated about.

Your point on whether there's risks due to biannual boosters is something to consider, I don't know how that will go. But to me, the risks of getting covid without the protection of a vaccine is something I don't want to chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That does define an awful lot of the deniers here.

For some, even "stupid" is a far too weak word...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

.....move over crazy cult people....

I wish Big B would take his own advice.

So, what say we limit discussion to the success and/or failures of the Harris/Biden administration?

You first Big B.

16. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Professor Damnifiknow" LMAO
    Much better that someone without an answer says that they don't know than to be like trump and make up shit about everything and pass it off as facts. Believe it or not there are some things that I don't know either. I suppose you think that you know everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I added to my post (2078), not sure if you saw it. But using the data I got from a couple reputable sites (feel free to check them) it was around $1.6B (Billion) A WEEK to treat covid hospitalizations over the last year. And the general economic disruption cost of in the range of a trillion.

To begrudge the drug companies their ~20-30 billion a year profits from their work is something I can't get worked up about.

Your point on whether there's risks due to biannual boosters is something to consider, I don't know how that will go. But to me, the risks of getting covid without the protection of a vaccine is something I don't want to chance.
    I do not begrudge the drug companies a reasonable profit either however it would appear that we are on a cost plus trajectory. It seems people are willing to spend almost anything to try to stay healthy or at least alive.

I see us potentially being in the same position as a drug user. The dealer gives you a discount price to get you hooked, then raises the prices once you need him.

We do not currently know where the mRNA technology is going to lead us and we are putting a significant amount of trust in people and companies that have a significant financial interest in this.

I am not against any of the technology but do get very concerned when I am told to trust them and then start to see data over time that does not match the initial projections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But yet Big B finds himself dispensing insightful anecdotes in a long thread in a machinists forum discussing and debating a medical topic.

I haven't given or taken medical advice here. I have a doctor for medical advice. Mostly I've just pointed out the stupidity of the trump cult members because they (you) parade it around like a badge of honor.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I haven't given or taken medical advice here. I have a doctor for medical advice. Mostly I've just pointed out the stupidity of the trump cult members because they (you) parade it around like a badge of honor.
    Big B...On the topic of the often used (by others) description of anyone you suspect of being a Trump supporter...How many of these cult members are registered Practical Machinist users? Have you attempted to investigate this?

Do you feel "cult members" should go to some other machinist forum to make you more comfortable around your own kind? Milland seems to feel anyone that does not share his same views is stupid or ignorant. Do you agree?

(quote attribution appears correct at this post)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milland seems to feel anyone that does not share his same views is stupid or ignorant. Do you agree?
    Get it right! Stupid AND ignorant. Don't short-sell me here...

22. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Get it right! Stupid AND ignorant. Don't short-sell me here...
    My apology----correction follows:

Milland is stupid and ignorant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My apology----correction follows:

Milland is stupid and ignorant.
    Thanks, I've perfected my standardparts impersonation.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Big B and Professor Damnifiknow seems to be on a roll with the insults today. I wonder if they will ever figure it out that you guys keep messing with them. lol

26. Likes Demon73, CalG liked this post