Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    but that darn excessive death thing...
    There aren't really any excessive deaths, iwanna. Those are mostly the preteen virgins the deep state alien lizard people have abducted for sale into the intrastellar sex trade, and the parents have been sold into slavery in the glorkon pits as well, as otherwise they'd complain about their missing junior high-schoolers. It's a well-known coverup by the Democratic fake news.

2. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Because people aren't mingling as much, therefore they're not spreading disease to one another as much.

It's not rocket surgery. It's rocket virology...

SMFH. Seriously? Are you one of those people that believes every damn thing your told by the media and our politicians. How about the guy that died in a motorcycle accident. Checked positive for COVID. Death certificate said he died from COVID. Every answer you come up with only fits one narrative. Are you at least open minded? Doesn't seem so.

Paul

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    SMFH. Seriously? Are you one of those people that believes every damn thing your told by the media and our politicians. How about the guy that died in a motorcycle accident. Checked positive for COVID. Death certificate said he died from COVID. Every answer you come up with only fits one narrative. Are you at least open minded? Doesn't seem so.
    400,000 dead people in the US and you can come up with one weirdity. Wooo boy, what an investigator for truth !

Can y'all just face the fact that this virus kills people ? Lots of people ? Or do y'all just have to do a Herman Cain impersonation ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Paul
    I spent three years as a support tech in a Harvard bioengineering lab. I worked with tremendously intelligent engineers, doctors, researchers, and students.

It's a worthwhile experience if you ever get the chance. I saw how committed to their science they were, how driven to improve the understanding of illness, aging, cellular processes and all that's related to this work.

It gave me a lot of confidence in the medical research community. I've been in the midst of it, and have no fears (as many here seem to have) of being "manipulated" by your bogeymen.

I'd rather live in awareness than in fear.

Try it some time...

6. Likes Tom Lg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I spent three years as a support tech in a Harvard bioengineering lab. I worked with tremendously intelligent engineers, doctors, researchers, and students.

It's a worthwhile experience if you ever get the chance. I saw how committed to their science they were, how driven to improve the understanding of illness, aging, cellular processes and all that's related to this work.

It gave me a lot of confidence in the medical research community. I've been in the midst of it, and have no fears (as many here seem to have) of being "manipulated" by your bogeymen.

I'd rather live in awareness than in fear.

Try it some time...
    That's not my experience with government-funded scientists.

Just one example: about 20 years ago, I was part of a team that demonstrated a NOAA-funded software package to the Harvard School of Public Health. The software allows an institution to publish scientific data and was used by government agencies (like NOAA and NASA) to publish their satellite data among other things. Since the Harvard School of Public Health gathers large amounts of scientific data, we thought they might be interested in using it. After the presentation I talked to my contact at the HSPH and asked how they liked the presentation. He said they thought it was great. Fantastic software. So, I said, do they need help installing it? Then my friend said, no, no, no. They thought the software was great, but they certainly weren't going to use it. In my naivete (I was young at the time) I asked, why not? He said that if they published their data somebody might be able to find an error in their analysis or a mistake that they had made, or even worse, publish a competing theory using the same data. So, under no circumstances would they publish their data.

Guess what these "scientists" at the Harvard School of Public Health consider to be their top priorities currently? Racism and COVID-19.

8. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole "super deadly disease" narrative is horseshit! Study after study from all over the world shows that people with sufficient levels of D and zinc suffer only mild symptoms or none at all.

We could have been out of this by late spring of last year if they hadn't decided to lie to suit an agenda.

Think you know whats been going on behind the scenes while most were hiding at home? Think again. There have been changes to everything from the monetary structure to physical changes at institutions and civic properties.

"While you were sleeping ..."

10. Likes digger doug, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Scott, if that was all it took, then, umm, why didn't trumpy demand we all do so? After all, he lost the election due to his terrible (non) handling of Covid. Being the brilliant man you think he is, why didn't he save his own butt and tell the "truth"?

Are you saying that trump wanted to lose? Or is he one of the lizard people too?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    The whole "super deadly disease" narrative is horseshit! Study after study from all over the world shows that people with sufficient levels of D and zinc suffer only mild symptoms or none at all.

We could have been out of this by late spring of last year if they hadn't decided to lie to suit an agenda.

Think you know whats been going on behind the scenes while most were hiding at home? Think again. There have been changes to everything from the monetary structure to physical changes at institutions and civic properties.

"While you were sleeping ..."
    Yes, and the "highest paid federal employee" is running the country into the ground, and dictating what local doctors can & cannot doo to save lives.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jscpm View Post
    It is not "one weirdity". The one person I know of directly as an individual who is alleged to have died of "COVID-19" had stage IV lung cancer. In this thread, just a few posts up is another person who says they had an elder in-law who had multiple serious health problems including colitis and died of heart failure. Nevertheless in the UK she was added as a "COVID-19" statistic. These are not aberrations. People are being systematically and falsely given causes of death as "COVID-19" even when the actual cause of death is provably something else. I have already above detailed a particular glaring example of this in the way that deaths due to acute diabetic ketoacidosis are being systematically misdiagnosed as "COVID-19". Furthermore, I have done other research and found that there are particular illnesses that are common causes of death that are being changed to COVID-19. These are:

* congestive heart failure
    * diabetic ketoacidosis
    * bacterial pneumonia (primarily due to streptococcus, pneumococcus or staphylococcus)
    * residual diseases (very old people often die of multiple concurrent organ failure and have no specific cause of death)

So, we are not talking about weirdities here. There is a systematic re-apportionment of cause of death that is occurring.

Covid-19 is going to do a number on someone who has lost a lot of lung function to cancer. It's reasonable to assume that they would have not died at the time they did absent che infection. Likewise the heart failure ones, where the death is a result of lack of air rather than a stroke or myocardial infarction.

As for the diabetic ketoacidosis one. Sorry mate, you're off your trolly. I've been a type 1 diabetic for 55 years, and I can assure you that if you walk into a room that's got someone suffering from that, you'll know it isn't Covid even if you aren't a doctor. The stink of acetone is rather unmistakable.

In the UK, the Government counts anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive test. Yest, that will pick up false positives, but the curious thing is that the count by that metric is about 20,000 lower than the total excess deaths since the start of the pandemic. The implication of that is that a lot of folk are dying after 28 days from a positive test and that a lot are dying of apparently normal causes without having had a test to show that Covid was implicated. To be fair, a major reason for them to use the 28 day after test metric is that 1) it does undercount somewhat and 2) it's a very simple and quick way to measure the progress of the pandemic.

14. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow. I bet you guys are a lot of fun at at party.

16. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Booze Daily View Post
    Wow. I bet you guys are a lot of fun at at party.
    The last At-At party I went to, Darth got drunk and started doing Force tricks with his lightsaber. We lost three good generals that day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Lots of surplus useless drug if the wingnuts here want any:

Oklahoma seeking to return $2M worth of hydroxychloroquine - ABC News

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you take lots of it,you turn orange!

20. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People still can't answer why, if this is sooooo deadly, we are still dealing with a sub 1% mortality rate. I swear, some people want people dying from COVID. It preserves the narrative.
    I swear, some people have real problems with second grade arithmetic. 1% of 350 million is about 3.5 million dead. This does not count the other effects, it's just deaths.

Heart attack deaths annually in the US : 850,000

Cancer deaths annually in US : 600,000

Total of the two biggest killers : 1,450,000 = less than half what this virus at your "nothing to it, less than 1% mortality !" can and will do.

Nothing to see here folks, just move along, just a hoax, nothing to be concerned about, party on !

(With the so-called controls you've enacted, covid has already beaten cancer deaths in the US. You certainly wouldn't want to do anything about it, it's no big deal, there will be plenty of rabbits left to restock the forest !

True. But one of them may not be you. I said in the very beginning that the other strategy could be to just let it run wild. That'd probably be more effective than what you've done, but it would require honesty. Short supply of that in the US.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am absolutely not a covid denier, and I take the disease itself and risk of infection very seriously.

BUT!!!

there is definitely, without question, some degree of padding or misreporting going on, at least in our country, regarding the number of deaths directly attributable to covid infection.

23. Likes LockNut, Trueturning, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I swear, some people have real problems with second grade arithmetic. 1% of 350 million is about 3.5 million dead. This does not count the other effects, it's just deaths.
    EG, don't be stupid. The 1% has been stated many times before and it's common knowledge that the 1% is 1% of the people who actually get the virus. And you probably know this and are just being a dick.

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jscpm View Post
    Yes, the "they were weak and COVID killed them argument". It's kind of hard to argue with that isn't it? We have swaths of old people dying of every possible sickness, but really it is COVID killing them, not heart disease or cancer or pneumonia that it is killing them. It's actually a nebulous virus that has 12 different ambiguous symptoms and which has no effect on healthy people who are "silent carriers". You could make arguments like this about anything. We could have "COVID mutations" for the rest of our lives according to this logic.

As for DKA, I understand what you are saying, but I can tell you that however easily diagnosed you think DKA is, in the United States it is considered to be one of the top undiagnosed causes of death. The American Diabetes Association has been complaining for years and claiming that over 10,000 people in the US die of DKA undiagnosed every year. So you tell me how that is possible? Emergency room internists are SUPPOSED to be able to recognize Kussmaul breathing when they see it. So, how come the ADA has been bitching for years about lack of correct diagnosis for DKA? Furthermore, I can tell you that around 10% of the entries on Florida's death list they released last spring had DKA listed as a co-morbidity. So, your whole allegation that DKA people are not being misdiagnosed as COVID because it is so easily recognizable is not a correct conclusion.
    The discussion boils down to the manner in which they count these things really. Lots of arguments over the data when we may never exactly have a full definition of how they count what or even if it is lax or valid. Statistical data in these times can be best considered with skepticism and rightfully so.

Some means of the endeavor to validate the counting is appropriate. The government needs accurate data to help battle the pandemic. They likely have better data than the public. Meanwhile EG mentions 1% and tries to sell us on that China has arrested the virus down to zero percent?

For EG;
    Come on Man! A lot of persons could not understand how increased testing and increased cases co related. Yes and many of these manage businesses, checking accounts, and other hard things. It is a different situation and so it is easy to be unfamiliar. After. A while of this we all have learned a lot.

I don’t want this stuff and the concern has drastically effected my quality of life. Everyone should strive for the best we can have. No one easily can change red flag medical conditions people have. I do know experts will complain about bad health and life choices yet once people have traversed those who have that influence are just as common as those who did not have them. Today none of this effects the actual condition of say the at risk older population.

Staying alive oneself is a worthy goal.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

EG, don't be stupid. The 1% has been stated many times before and it's common knowledge that the 1% is 1% of the people who actually get the virus. And you probably know this and are just being a dick.
    If you don't do anything about it, 2/3 of the people in the country will get it. That's your basic infectious-disease math. It's new. There is no immunity. Because of the way it works (shedding virus for several days before you know you're sick) it's extremely contagious, worse than the flu or the common cold.

So, okay, a slight exaggeration, most likely given what we know from past epidemics, 231 million people would get it then using your own number of 1%, two million three hundred thousand (2,300,000) dead.

That's still almost twice what cancer and heart disease do annually, combined.

That's just dead. That's not sick and damaged, which is currently running at about ten times mortality.

That's the math. Do with it what you will.

I am probably just a dick, but look at the numbers. Every single place that does this "Oh, we'll be fine, it's not that bad, let's open the bars back up" ends up with freezer trucks parked three deep outside the hospitals to take away the corpses.

@gregor - quite possibly over-reported. Or just as possibly under-reported. But, personally, when the numbers are this big, I figure it's a problem even if it's only half as bad. Or it quite well could be twice as bad. Who knows how many older people get a cough at home and croak without ever going to the hospital or being tested ? Plenty of over-60 singletons out there, doddering along alone.

No matter what, lots of people gonna go to sleep permanently.

As I said a long time ago, could be a windfall for social security

28. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    If you don't do anything about it, 2/3 of the people in the country will get it. That's your basic infectious-disease math. It's new. There is no immunity. Because of the way it works (shedding virus for several days before you know you're sick) it's extremely contagious, worse than the flu or the common cold.

So, okay, a slight exaggeration, most likely given what we know from past epidemics, 231 million people would get it then using your own number of 1%, two million three hundred thousand (2,300,000) dead.

That's still almost twice what cancer and heart disease do annually, combined.

That's just dead. That's not sick and damaged, which is currently running at about ten times mortality.

That's the math. Do with it what you will.

I am probably just a dick, but look at the numbers. Every single place that does this "Oh, we'll be fine, it's not that bad, let's open the bars back up" ends up with freezer trucks parked three deep outside the hospitals to take away the corpses.

@gregor - quite possibly over-reported. Or just as possibly under-reported. But, personally, when the numbers are this big, I figure it's a problem even if it's only half as bad. Or it quite well could be twice as bad. Who knows how many older people get a cough at home and croak without ever going to the hospital or being tested ? Plenty of over-60 singletons out there, doddering along alone.

No matter what, lots of people gonna go to sleep permanently.

As I said a long time ago, could be a windfall for social security

Being reported this morning is Democrats are discussing NO covid financial relief will happen until the end of March. Paying rent and buying groceries may become a greater emergency than C-19.

30. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Being reported this morning is Democrats are discussing NO covid financial relief will happen until the end of March. Paying rent and buying groceries may become a greater emergency than C-19.
    Because of blockage by the GOP.