100,000 UK Covid 19 Deaths - Page 361
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 361 of 457 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 9121
  1. #7201
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    5,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1177
    Likes (Received)
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    PErhaps that was because the data was not accurate for the purpose intended

    But a conspiracy theory is much more fun

    and destructive
    ....perhaps NOT.
    By a factor of 3x more "deaths" than actuals.
    At That Time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

  2. #7202
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    6,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    764
    Likes (Received)
    3858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Until RENAVE stopped publishing their data.
    Demographics of COVID-19 Deaths - Spain

    SO, did they stop publishing or did you stop looking?

    Please, it is all a conspiracy theory

  3. #7203
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    6,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    764
    Likes (Received)
    3858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    ....perhaps NOT.
    By a factor of 3x more "deaths" than actuals.
    At That Time.

    so you use data from 16 months ago in a way that the people who put it out specifically do not intend, and in your mind this is proof of something, or that all statistics and numbers are all BS because you 'think' that this shows something


    Please

  4. #7204
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    27,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    .......next nitwit who harangues me about vaccines ,pro or con,Im gunna punch their lights out.........
    Snowflake much?

  5. #7205
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cinci.O
    Posts
    614
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    382
    Likes (Received)
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Snowflake much?
    I'd be pissed if I was an Aussie. I read that in NSW if you're on lockdown, your alcohol consumption gets policed. Choice of 6 beers, a bottle of wine, or a 375ml bottle of spirits per day. Any extra gets confiscated.

    Seems pretty draconian.

  6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  7. #7206
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    124
    Likes (Received)
    106

    Default

    - Motor vehicle deaths in ages 0-14 in '18-'19: ~2,500.
    - Covid deaths in ages 0-17 during pandemic: ~350.

    Motor vehicle death in children is so low no one really ever thinks about it, and yet Children are SEVEN TIMES more likely to die in a car accident than Covid-19, even when excluding car accident deaths in ages 15-17 (teenage driving).

    And when the hardly tested vaccine is approved for their children's age, parents are going to load them in the car to get it. This is how beating people over the head with "be afraid!" has completely destroyed their perspective, and ability to reason, and relative risk assess.

    On top of the fact we're muzzling kids all day in class

  8. #7207
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    735
    Likes (Received)
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    - Motor vehicle deaths in ages 0-14 in '18-'19: ~2,500.
    - Covid deaths in ages 0-17 during pandemic: ~350.

    Motor vehicle death in children is so low no one really ever thinks about it, and yet Children are SEVEN TIMES more likely to die in a car accident than Covid-19, even when excluding car accident deaths in ages 15-17 (teenage driving).

    And when the hardly tested vaccine is approved for their children's age, the parents are going to load them in the car to get it. This is how beating people over the head with "be afraid!" has completely destroyed their perspective, and ability to reason, and relative risk assess.

    On top of the fact we're muzzling kids all day in class
    This from the CDC. 2020 information.

    COVID-19 Trends Among Persons Aged 0–24 Years — United States, March 1–December 12, 2020 | MMWR

  9. #7208
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    6,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    764
    Likes (Received)
    3858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    - Motor vehicle deaths in ages 0-14 in '18-'19: ~2,500.
    - Covid deaths in ages 0-17 during pandemic: ~350.

    Motor vehicle death in children is so low no one really ever thinks about it, and yet Children are SEVEN TIMES more likely to die in a car accident than Covid-19, even when excluding car accident deaths in ages 15-17 (teenage driving).

    And when the hardly tested vaccine is approved for their children's age, parents are going to load them in the car to get it. This is how beating people over the head with "be afraid!" has completely destroyed their perspective, and ability to reason, and relative risk assess.

    On top of the fact we're muzzling kids all day in class
    You know that is a really excellent point.
    Because you know, we do absolutely NOTHING to prevent children from being injured or killed in auto accidents

    WE don't make them wear seatbelts and ticket the parents if they are not
    WE don't require young children to be in booster seats
    WE don't have special technology to tell when a child is in the front passenger seat and change the airbag settings

    Yeah none of the common sense prevention strategies to prevent young children from being injured or dying in car crashes

    Good catch you definitely changed my mind

















    Not

  10. #7209
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3541
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Gumbie some are made in China I know. The manufacturers are backlogged due to the chips needed during covid which are cell phones and personal and business computers. China is not the major supplier and is incapable of meeting demand obviously.

    “ Politicians in the U.S. and Europe, traditional auto manufacturing strongholds, are suddenly realizing that their countries are almost entirely dependent on chip suppliers elsewhere. In recent decades, chip manufacturers have moved their manufacturing to Asia – mostly to facilities in Taiwan and South Korea. The two market leaders, Taiwan’s TSMC and South Korea-based Samsung, account for nearly 75 percent of global manufacturing contracts.”

    Also this one B regarding China and chip production.
    Meanwhile, chips have become a valuable geopolitical commodity. Under President Donald Trump, the U.S. all but cut off the supply of top-of-the-line chips to China's main tech company, Huawei. In December, Washington slapped sanctions on China's main chipmaker SMIC, and in early April, the new administration under Joe Biden punished Chinese tech organizations, including chip companies, for the first time.

    “China has been seeking technological autonomy since 2014 as a result of chips’ increasing importance to all areas of business and politics, from agriculture to health care to the military. Beijing has solidified its strategy in the latest five-year plan. The U.S. started efforts to bring back chip production in 2020. Europe has similar dreams.“

    From; Microchip production grows increasingly important in US, China

    The following is from your State. “Detroit Free Press”.
    Link; Car chip shortage 2021: Everything you need to know

    “ Global chip production is monopolized by a few global, Asia-Pacific suppliers, said Joe McCabe, CEO of AutoForecast Solutions LLC.

    "Everyone’s lights went off at the same time. This means that there was no ability to build inventory of products and solutions when businesses were able to turn their lights back on," McCabe said. "This created a significant bottleneck in all manufacturing processes."

    “The chip deficit was further complicated by a fire at plant owned by chipmaker Renesas Electronics in Japan. The damage was extensive and the plant is not yet up to full production, but they are hoping it will reach full production in June, Krebs said.”

    You may want to believe the BBC about the major Japanese maker who is rebuilding their plant after a major fire. This largely created the gap as it was taken off production at the previous high levels.

    Factory blaze adds to computer chip supply crisis - BBC News

    And this Japan considers the rebuilding of their capacity of the highest National effort.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ational-effort

    Gee B China is not the solution to this problem in a large way. No surprise that you might think so although being from Michigan I would expect you might know that.

    Belief that China is even in the top three major suppliers is a bit of a stretch but that is what Gumbie like you do. It don’t make you a bad fellow though.

    Seems the factory fire in Japan took a huge bite out of production along with Covid.
    Two questions here: Is the USA waiting on chips from China and is China waiting on chips from the USA. I think you already know the answer.

    I don't recall saying that all chips came from China.

    My main point on this is that most or all of the US automakers have outsourced a lot of parts production to foreign countries. Now it's biting them in the ass. This appears go be as much or more of a disruption than any strikes in the last several decades by labor unions in the US.

  11. #7210
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3541
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    - Motor vehicle deaths in ages 0-14 in '18-'19: ~2,500.
    - Covid deaths in ages 0-17 during pandemic: ~350.

    Motor vehicle death in children is so low no one really ever thinks about it, and yet Children are SEVEN TIMES more likely to die in a car accident than Covid-19, even when excluding car accident deaths in ages 15-17 (teenage driving).

    And when the hardly tested vaccine is approved for their children's age, parents are going to load them in the car to get it. This is how beating people over the head with "be afraid!" has completely destroyed their perspective, and ability to reason, and relative risk assess.

    On top of the fact we're muzzling kids all day in class
    I just googled the leading cause of death in children and #1 is car accidents. #2 is firearms so using your logic we don't need to worry about anything that kills children as long as it kills less of them than car accidents.

    I don't know if your post qualifies as whataboutism or gaslighting but it's probably something like that.

    And I'd guess that you wouldn't do anything about those firearm deaths of children because 2nd amendment and freedumbs.

  12. #7211
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    124
    Likes (Received)
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I just googled the leading cause of death in children and #1 is car accidents. #2 is firearms so using your logic we don't need to worry about anything that kills children as long as it kills less of them than car accidents.

    I don't know if your post qualifies as whataboutism or gaslighting but it's probably something like that.

    And I'd guess that you wouldn't do anything about those firearm deaths of children because 2nd amendment and freedumbs.
    As usual the point flies over the heads of people who's heads are up their ass.
    How ever did you get through an entire post without mentioning Trump once? This has to be some king of record.

  13. Likes camscan liked this post
  14. #7212
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3541
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    You know that is a really excellent point.
    Because you know, we do absolutely NOTHING to prevent children from being injured or killed in auto accidents

    WE don't make them wear seatbelts and ticket the parents if they are not
    WE don't require young children to be in booster seats
    WE don't have special technology to tell when a child is in the front passenger seat and change the airbag settings

    Yeah none of the common sense prevention strategies to prevent young children from being injured or dying in car crashes

    Good catch you definitely changed my mind

















    Not
    These trump cult nut cases don't respond to reason. They know that they gots those freedumbs and a flag and you can't make them do anything no matter how good it is for them. I've also noticed that a lot of the trump cult members are cigarette smokers. Starting to think they have a death wish. Our guy termite bragging on smoking three packs a day comes to mind.

  15. #7213
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3541
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelrFn View Post
    As usual the point flies over the heads of people who's heads are up their ass.
    How ever did you get through an entire post without mentioning Trump once? This has to be some king of record.
    And as usual you didn't address my post but instead laid a heap of BS down. Typical trump cult behavior. That make you feel better?

  16. #7214
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    9,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1698
    Likes (Received)
    3497

    Default

    "Denmark Ditches Vaccine Pass & Restrictions: No Longer Considers COVID A Critical Threat To Society.
    Denmark will remove remaining COVID measures, including vaccine passports, but will keep border controls in place.
    The Danish government feels the country's epidemic is "under control" and no longer a critical threat."

    regional? or political?

  17. #7215
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    4,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4526
    Likes (Received)
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Two questions here: Is the USA waiting on chips from China and is China waiting on chips from the USA. I think you already know the answer.

    I don't recall saying that all chips came from China.

    My main point on this is that most or all of the US automakers have outsourced a lot of parts production to foreign countries. Now it's biting them in the ass. This appears go be as much or more of a disruption than any strikes in the last several decades by labor unions in the US.
    You said “ Hey Gumbie, it's the US waiting on chips from China, not the other way around.”

    You did specifically mention China. The notable problem seems to be Japan and their facility suffering a major fire. That is all.

    Considering this comment which you made I do agree with you on this.
    “ My main point on this is that most or all of the US automakers have outsourced a lot of parts production to foreign countries. Now it's biting them in the ass. This appears go be as much or more of a disruption than any strikes in the last several decades by labor unions in the US.[/QUOTE]”

    I think we have been relying on other countries because as we probably agree that outsourcing the chip manufacturing to China is not in our interests security wise.

    Whatever kind of computer chips which we need we should have the ability to take care of our own needs. Instead we did not care and so others do it now by far and large. I think we agree on this part.

    These autos more accurately are waiting for the void left by the problem in Japan to fill up. I do not know but maybe you do. Does Japan supply their autos with chips while everyone else waits?

  18. #7216
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3541
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You said “ Hey Gumbie, it's the US waiting on chips from China, not the other way around.”

    You did specifically mention China. The notable problem seems to be Japan and their facility suffering a major fire. That is all.

    Considering this comment which you made I do agree with you on this.
    “ My main point on this is that most or all of the US automakers have outsourced a lot of parts production to foreign countries. Now it's biting them in the ass. This appears go be as much or more of a disruption than any strikes in the last several decades by labor unions in the US.


    I think we have been relying on other countries because as we probably agree that outsourcing the chip manufacturing to China is not in our interests security wise.

    Whatever kind of computer chips which we need we should have the ability to take care of our own needs. Instead we did not care and so others do it now by far and large. I think we agree on this part.

    These autos more accurately are waiting for the void left by the problem in Japan to fill up. I do not know but maybe you do. Does Japan supply their autos with chips while everyone else waits?[/QUOTE]

    Thanks for the information on where the chips come from. Too bad we don't make them here.

  19. #7217
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    27,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    I'd be pissed if I was an Aussie. I read that in NSW if you're on lockdown, your alcohol consumption gets policed. Choice of 6 beers, a bottle of wine, or a 375ml bottle of spirits per day. Any extra gets confiscated.

    Seems pretty draconian.
    Damn I want to move there - bottle of wine per person per day? Sounds great to me! Liver destruction here we come.

  20. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  21. #7218
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    27,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    ...
    Because you know, we do absolutely NOTHING to prevent children from being injured or killed in auto accidents
    Dern tootin. We should do like NSW and dose the parents with a bottle of wine per day and keep them drunk and not driving.

    BTW does that bottle of wine per person per day also include your kids too? Even better!

  22. Likes digger doug liked this post
  23. #7219
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Damn I want to move there - bottle of wine per person per day? Sounds great to me! Liver destruction here we come.
    Dire Straits - Heavy Fuel - YouTube

  24. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  25. #7220
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    482
    Likes (Received)
    2301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    In your expert opinion.....
    My opinion? Dude, did you read the quote YOU have posted?

    Basically what he said ( from your quote ) is this:

    We did not modify the virus by injecting proteins to gage their ability to infect human cells.
    What we did is modify the virus by injecting proteins to gage their ability to infect human cells.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •