Login to Your Account
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    If you do nothing, which is what Harbor Freight here was proposing, then the numbers have been pretty consistent. 2/3 before "herd immunity" (better known as not enough uninfected people to keep the contagion going), between 10 and 15% go to the hospital then half that die. 350 million people in US, 2/3 is about 235 million, 12% is 28 million, half that is 14. Add some because with 30 million people trying to go to the hospital there will be something of a capacity problem and some collateral damage.

Yeah, 20 million is a reasonable estimate. Just in the US, that is. Maybe a tiny bit high, so okay let's say only fifteen million dead. And that doesn't count the alive-but-damaged ones. No biggy, right ?
    2/3 of the population for herd immunity?
    12 % go to hospital?
    half of them die?
    you pulled those numbers straight out of your behind.
    even with the definitely totally inflated numbers of the moment in the usa you wouldn't even come close.
    that some 5% of the "cases" in china end in death according to their numbers, only shows that their numbers come from the same place as where yours originate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    Serious question. Why should 96% of the population bare the burden for the 4%?
    Common humanity! ..much the same as if your neighbours house was on fire you'd lend him your hosepipe ;- as opposed to hiring it out or selling it.

BOTOH, Something in my water tells I wouldn't like to be your neighbour

3. Likes 72bwhite liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Over 29 million Covid USA cases and <500K deaths for about 2% fatal. With new deaths still running high at around 3.000 per day. Being overcareful is good / likey the near-total lockdown of the economy is overacting. Going to work or out in public with a high-temperature should be restricted.

OT: Each year, at least 1.7 million adults in America develop sepsis and nearly 270,000 die as a result. The number of sepsis cases per year has been on the rise in the United States. This is likely due to several factors: There is increased awareness and tracking of sepsis. Sepsis is a lot like blood poison.

A new machine for fast detection of sepsie ib being made by T2 medical TTOO. that is at at market crash price of $250 or so.

REf:
    Can sepsis lead to blood poisoning?
    This includes burns, cuts, and scrapes. Bacteria can come from something as simple as a sinus infection, too. Any of these situations can lead to blood poisoning. Blood poisoning and sepsis require immediate treatment. This is to prevent sepsis from infecting major organs, like the lungs, kidneys, and heart.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bzzzt, sorry, wrong answer. That's exactly what quarantine was, dating back hundreds of years. If it wasn't "on a national scale" that's because the practice is older than the existence of nations. I don't know exactly how far back the practice goes but I remember they had "plague ships" where no one was allowed off, and the Black Death was in the late 1300's. There were plagues during the Roman Empire, and chances are good you'll find cities or areas being quarantined back then, too.

No. Quarantines never isolated sick people from healthy people. They isolated anyone in the city / town / ship / kingdom whom they suspected of being anywhere near the plague. Basically, they locked up everybody where they knew the disease had been.

The practice is ancient. The youtube lecture is stupid, ignorant, wrong to anyone who has read even one book of history.
    As I said before, I see where youre coming from, but. An area (boat-town-city) controlled by a perimeter, in an effort to contain or protect from disease, with those contained being free to come and go within.
    Or
    Individuals, on a local or national basis, regardless of their present health status being confined to their homes excepting essential travel etc.

Very different imo.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Common humanity! ..much the same as if your neighbours house was on fire you'd lend him your hosepipe ;- as opposed to hiring it out or selling it.

BOTOH, Something in my water tells I wouldn't like to be your neighbour
    there is nothing common in humanity.
    bill gates got 10 billion richer in the past year.
    he profited of the situation.
    but who pays the ferryman?
    not him.

7. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    you pulled those numbers straight out of your behind.
    Go jump on a brick, you fucking idiot. Those are the numbers reported worldwide by countries all over the planet.

Yeah, I round off to make mental arithmetic easy. It could be ten million dead, or it could end up at thirty million dead (in the US). But the point is, if you ignore it, as Mr Trump and his crew was doing, it's not "just the flu". The numbers I use are reasonable and drawn from official reporting agencies all across the globe. This is roughly what you can expect to get if you pretend it's no big deal. So you can take your fantasy and go pound sand, real-world events have proven you wrong.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Over 29 million Covid USA cases and <500K deaths for about 2% fatal. With new deaths still running high at around 3.000 per day. Being overcareful is good / likey the near-total lockdown of the economy is overacting. Going to work or out in public with a high-temperature should be restricted.

OT: Each year, at least 1.7 million adults in America develop sepsis and nearly 270,000 die as a result. The number of sepsis cases per year has been on the rise in the United States. This is likely due to several factors: There is increased awareness and tracking of sepsis. Sepsis is a lot like blood poison.

A new machine for fast detection of sepsie ib being made by T2 medical TTOO. that is at at market crash price of $250 or so.

REf:
    Can sepsis lead to blood poisoning?
    This includes burns, cuts, and scrapes. Bacteria can come from something as simple as a sinus infection, too. Any of these situations can lead to blood poisoning. Blood poisoning and sepsis require immediate treatment. This is to prevent sepsis from infecting major organs, like the lungs, kidneys, and heart.
    that number of 29 million cases is nothing but a very, very wild guess.
    it can in reality easily be a magnitude lower or higher.
    all a positive pcr test establishes is that someone has been exposed to the virus in the last couple of weeks/months.
    not that he/she has actually been infected.
    on the other hand someone that actually has been infected at some time will only show up in the numbers if he/she was tested within weeks/months of the infection.

as a result of the ever growing number of vaccinated, who, wrongfully, feel protected, the number of infections is going to rise rapidly.
    as is the number of people that will die while having tested positive.
    but as the vaccinated cannot possibly die from the infection, for that is what big pharma is selling to the public,
    those deaths will not be counted as covid19 deaths, as they are now, but as caused by the real causes like pneumonia liver failure etc.

it is already happening.
    in norway there were about 42,000 vaccinated in total.
    23 people died as a result of the vaccination.
    the responsible minister explained that those 23 were very old and frail and maybe should not have been given the vaccine.
    so the old and frail that are not vaccinated die of covid19, but the ones that are vaccinated die because they are old and frail.....

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    i expect that much of the sentiment here will change once it hits home and takes out one of your own.

it aint pretty lemme tell ya
    Right, so when has death ever been 'pretty'?

My nan (95), passed late last September. Laying there mouth wide open, a shadow of her former self, each erratic breath threatening to be the last.
    I) Frailty of old age.
    II) Heart failure.
    Three tests in her 4 week stay at Eastbourne GH, all negative. Well done nan. Rip

My mum (49), anxious but loving, beautiful in appearance, worried about turning 50. Breast cancer, left untreated through fear. When she eventually got taken to hospital they gave her 30 days, unfortunately they were right. I wont forget her cold hand in mine. Rip

My Grandad (80ish). Died 13 or so years after mum, no harm in the man. Vascular dementia, a scrunched up ball with finger nails pressed tightly into his palms who couldnt recognise me near the end, painted cars for living, as did his dad, as did I for while. Nan said mums death broke him. Rip

My dad (77). Phone call at 8am to say hed collapsed in the street the preceding evening, doa. Hed had a previous heart attack and 'pressed on through' like the army tells you, they think it was that that caused the additional damage to his heart. When the curtain went back I found the familiar cold hand at St Thomas's GH, spoke a few things id have rather told him sooner and said goodbye.

Uncle Ron (90ish). A golden soul by any rational measure. He told me "might be the last time I ever see you D***" at a get together at nans. Took a trip to Mountbatten Hospice IOW a while later to prove him wrong, 90% diminished, still recognised me tho. Told him to take care and that id see him soon. Rip

I think some o you fuckers might wanna get a grip!

11. Likes Trueturning, janvanruth, Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go jump on a brick, you fucking idiot. Those are the numbers reported worldwide by countries all over the planet.

Yeah, I round off to make mental arithmetic easy. It could be ten million dead, or it could end up at thirty million dead (in the US). But the point is, if you ignore it, as Mr Trump and his crew was doing, it's not "just the flu". The numbers I use are reasonable and drawn from official reporting agencies all across the globe. This is roughly what you can expect to get if you pretend it's no big deal. So you can take your fantasy and go pound sand, real-world events have proven you wrong.
    Truth is that you can also find smart things T said as you can find smart and dumb things said by many others. But brainwashing has cemented only one side in many opinions.

13. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ok
    you show the numbers reported worldwide by countries all over the world.
    just point me towards the sources.
    maybe denmark, norway and sweden are amongst them?

20, but it can also be 15 or 10 or 30....
    sure that is a reasonable estimate....

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    20, but it can also be 15 or 10 or 30....
    sure that is a reasonable estimate....
    What does it matter, you stupid son of a bitch ? We're not talking a fingernail here, we're talking losing an arm, or a leg, or an arm and a leg. What's the difference between ten, fifteen and twenty million dead in the US with an equal number crippled ? The point is, like losing a kidney, it's something you really don't want to do.

Agreed, it would actually be better for the planet if 2/3 of the people died, because humans are a curse, but still, that's not what most of us want. But it is what happens when dipshits like you run around spouting this ignorant "oh it's nothing, no one died from covid, it's all a big hoax" crap.

It's not a hoax. Ask Herman Cain.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spouting a lot of foul language will likely get this thread closed.

17. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Truth is that you can also find smart things T said
    Like "Stand back and stand by"?

Like "Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide"?

[This was just before his rioters marched to the Capitol on January 6th]

No. trump said very little that was smart. Or truthful. But he was and is expert as spouting lies. As counted over his "presidency", over 35,500 lies:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3e2_story.html

So, who is the "Father of Lies"? I know one entity. Now we know another...

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ask Herman Cain.
    Personalizing this stuff is weak, I notice no-one quoting HCs death mentions his previous battles with colon cancer.
    Same as Terrys link to the ICU video, its almost like ICU was sunshine and rainbows before Covidication. BBC is all over that with their trip through the morgue before announcing their nonsense death 'reported by' number.

Comedy!

20. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder how many folks here would raise their hands without question?

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

23. Likes janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spouting a lot of foul language will likely get this thread closed.
    Do you really think that would bother user ChinaTrollFarm aka EG? His/her/their mission has always been to sow misinformation and doubt among the residents of Enemy Number One, which is how the CCP designates the USA.

This same entity has been practicing sowing this discord as far back as when they used the name SeaMoss.

PS: The measures taken "against Covid" are unprecedented in the USA, despite the fact that the disease clearly falls short of the scary "statistics" that came out of Wuhan in 2019. Never in our history has an entire population been treated as if they were disease carriers. Even the infamous Typhoid Mary was allowed to go about her life other than being banned for life from working as a cook.

An honest accounting would show that the damage caused by the "protective measures" far outweighs any deaths that may have been hastened by Covid. Worse yet, while most of the victims are elderly with numerous comorbidities, many of the victims of Covid fascism are young people who have had their lives and livelihoods decimated. The sheer number of increased teen suicides alone is staggering!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fact: Mary Mallon (aka typhoid Mary) was involuntarily quarantined from 1907-1910 and 1915-1938. Definitely NOT allowed “to go about her life”. This saved numerous lives in what was then the pre antibiotic era. Please get your facts right.

About covid, it boggles my mind how some people care so little about their fellow humans that they cannot adopt simple measures which save lives: wear a mask, limit interactions with others, don’t travel. Is this a sacrifice? Yes, absolutely and in many ways, but the end of the pandemic is in sight with the vaccines. Be responsible and stop putting your head in the sand.

Much as I dislike totalitarian societies like China, the fact is (after they stopped denying covid’s existence) they are doing far better than western countries. Too bad we in the west have some folks that are still denying reality. Some of which post frequently on PM. Fact: covid doesn’t care what you believe, it’ll just continue to do its thing.

L7

26. Likes Milland, camscan liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Like "Stand back and stand by"?

Like "Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide"?

[This was just before his rioters marched to the Capitol on January 6th]

No. trump said very little that was smart. Or truthful. But he was and is expert as spouting lies. As counted over his "presidency", over 35,500 lies:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3e2_story.html

So, who is the "Father of Lies"? I know one entity. Now we know another...
    I would say go on the net and google dumb things Fouche said, and dumb things Nancy P. said..But you would never do that because you have your mind made up. Fouche and nancy are God and T is the devel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post

PS: The measures taken "against Covid" are unprecedented in the USA, despite the fact that the disease clearly falls short of the scary "statistics" that came out of Wuhan in 2019. Never in our history has an entire population been treated as if they were disease carriers. Even the infamous Typhoid Mary was allowed to go about her life other than being banned for life from working as a cook.
    What happened to "china lied people died"? Seems you're saying they [i]over[/]stated things?