Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    No that is false

but don't let that stop you
    Afraid not factmeister, it just hasn't been pumped through a medium that's open to you, but it will in time.
    You're welcome.

3. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    California use to be one of the most conservative states in the nation.
    When was that, 1850 ? I was born in California a long time ago, and it hasn't changed a bit (politically). Plus from what I've read of San Francisco in the 1850's, "conservative" is not the first word that comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    ... natural immunity far outstrips jab induced immunity!?
    What part of there is no 'natural immunity' to a new virus escapes that pitiful thing you call a mind ? In reality, 'natural immunity' is nothing but hogwash, immunity is created by exposure. Your understanding of basic biology is beneath stupid. F.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    Not true at all. Try telling that to my 17yr old and his friends and they will tell you this is an old persons problem not theirs.
    Originally true but apparently no longer. With a little luck the virus will figure out how to attack them as well.

It's working on it

They have no problem telling you/me or anyone else that our generation is the worst and basically gets what it deserves.
    They have a point, but let's see what happens when it's their turn.

I went to a local county fair a few weeks ago, there were thousands of people ... In my area, people have moved on
    Well, they think they have. If you look at the graphs, the virus has not "moved on". So pretty soon it will be their turn in the barrel.

nobody cares or talks about Covid anymore.
    Does that make it go away ? I know people who have tried that with their taxes.

Wife works at a large hospital and hasn’t said a peep about it in months.
    She will, she will. Have patience, grasshoppa

5. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post

What part of there is no 'natural immunity' to a new virus escapes that pitiful thing you call a mind ? In reality, 'natural immunity' is nothing but hogwash, immunity is created by exposure. Your understanding of basic biology is beneath stupid. F.
    Im thinking your understanding of basic biology and pre existing immunity (full or partial) is about as deep as your understanding of lave paint.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Every word written is a lie. I had the shit when the shot wasn’t available (to me) back in April-May. I stayed home and didn’t leave the house for a full month. My family got the shot but I haven’t....yet. As of now, everything I’m reading says my natural immunity is better than any shot-shot-booster+x out there so don't try putting that shit on me. I’ll get the shot on my terms, not when ANOTHER IDIOT in the WH tells me.

The “fully vaccinated” can unknowingly spread Covid as easy as anyone else. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon so we have to live with it.
    you can still get delta, you are not immune to it, Lamar Jackson was in your shoe dude.

QB Lamar Jackson noncommittal about Covid-19 vaccine after contracting virus twice - CNN

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The “fully vaccinated” can unknowingly spread Covid as easy as anyone else. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon so we have to live with it.
    Which is why I mask up whenever I go into an enclosed space full of other people. Such as the grocery store. I've had both pfizer shots, because my doctor said so. Not some guy on TV or the radio or the newspaper.

Those who are making a big political deal out of all this are the real threat to the country, IMO. There is nothing political about a virus, and your rights end where everyone else's right to not get infected by you begin.

You know, like a *responsible adult*

9. Likes dcsipo, Screwmachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You've not heard that its the jabbed doing most of the spreading now, nor that natural immunity far outstrips jab induced immunity! . . .
    I've heard that - but mostly from conspiracy sites.

Our "natural" immune systems are in a constant battle with bacterial and viral pathogens. Good news is that they've evolved to be fairly effective. The bad news is that millions of us still die from them. Some viral examples:

- smallpox
    - measles
    - rubela
    - hepatitus
    - ebola
    - herpes
    - dengue fever
    - yellow fever
    - hemorrhagic fever
    - polio
    - meningitus
    - rabies
    - etc.

Now you might say - we don't worry about some of those too much - say smallpox, mumps, measles, polio. Those aren't triumphs of "natural immunity" -- they're mostly triumphs of vaccines to gain acquired immunity.

With Covid, the "innate" immune systems of some (but not all) young children are apparently fast and strong enough to fight the virus. This is a general purpose response to stuff that evolution thinks shouldn't be there. It also somewhat frequently goes wrong - sort of like the equivalent of nervous trigger fingers and friendly fire in microbiological warfare - as in the cases of overactive immune system diseases.

Because these kids are young and haven't yet been exposed to many viral and bacterial diseases (and increasingly have vaccine-denier parents) they don't have much in the way of an adaptive or acquired immune system -- with B cells and T cells to recognize the "signatures" of specific infections. This acquired immunity -- and it is usually only partial and somewhat temporary (months to years) can be gained by either surviving the disease or getting vaccinated.

Any sensible person might want to try to run the numbers -- is it more dangerous for me to get the disease or get vaccinated? Get the disease - especially if older but also among large numbers of relatively young - we know you can get very sick, suffer a long list of long-term complications, and join 700,000 dead n the US.

Or, am I better off getting a couple jabs? There I'm likely to get a sore arm, maybe feel crappy for a day, and in the rarest of cases get serious side effects. Practically no one dead.

But what about (say conspiracy theorists) could-maybe-might-possibly-die odds rather than the dead and long-term dead and disabled right in front of us. Fair enough something bad could happen - like those monkeys randomly typing out the complete works of Shakespeare. But we have pretty overwhelming evidence that the vaccines are more likely to prevent disease and death than actually getting the disease and dying.

On the what-doesn't-kill-you-makes-you-stronger theory, we should all do Black Death and Gallipoli re-creations?!

What does seem to be true is that a combination of two jabs to thwart serious disease and a mild case of the subsequent Delta variant (which has partially evolved to become more infectious) does leave more antibodies hanging around for a while than just the jabs. What is also seen -- and with far less doubt given the large numbers -- is that people are around 4.5x less likely to get Covid if they've had the two jabs and even if they get it, 11x less likely to die.

Now if you want a real conspiracy (well, OK, an evolving mystery in the science) it may be that antibody numbers aren't the best metric for judging jab effectiveness. Even with low antibody numbers, just the "memory" of past infection has many peoples' acquired immune systems swiftly produce enough B and T cells to fight off new infections of previously-fought viral infections.

11. Likes crazygoat, Screwmachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is never a promise that the sun will rise over you tomorrow so enjoy the time given.
    There is a bug so do what one can.
    Do not let this make one crazy one side or the other.
    Here the net concept of open has shown a big failure.

13. Likes barbter, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So we could have predicted this

this is a story told by someone else, not an official report

IOW, BS
    And of course, ONLY listen to the "official report" by the ministry of truth...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I'm sure there are but us liberals can't touch you nut cases when it comes to crazy. "Fake news" is what your kind calls anything that they don't like. Not because it isn't true but just because it doesn't fit the cult view. And trump is such a joke and your kind worships the ground that he walks on. That's all I need to see to know that the right wing in the USA is brain dead.
    Utter Utter Utter tosh.
    NOTHING could be further from the truth.
    Wings Trumpy Right Culty blah blah blah and BRAIN DEAD LLLMMMFFFAAAAOOO!!!
    Haven't you got a wall to go hide behind?
    I SMH...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    If a non vaccinated person gets covid and goes to the hospital are they automatically placed on the do not resuscitate plan? Seems like they do not trust modern medicine so extreme measures would be out? Republicans can drool over the government money saved.
    Bill D
    Early 2020 all OAPs in the UK nursing homes were mandated as DNRs, without family knowing, or having access to them in a lot of cases.
    Add in "Gov recommended Midazolam" (and high usage at that) and you all of a sudden have 80k bodies to burn.
    NOT good...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No you make a decision to go around spreading a virus that kills others

That is not your decision to make
    Who the hell says he is walking around spreading covid and killing others?
    If he was ill, 10bucks says he'd be home in bed?

18. Likes Hobby Shop, digger doug, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Rumble. Great source of ultra-right wing anti America misinformation, lies and deceit. You may just as well get your information straight from Q.
    That's youtube.
    And was a funny...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Afraid not factmeister, it just hasn't been pumped through a medium that's open to you, but it will in time.
    You're welcome.
    Most are triple and they're talking 4...
    Sooner or later....hopefully sooner....Someone needs to ask the question - is Luc Montagnier, and Geert vanden Bossche, and Christian Pereonne etc correct?
    Health Ministry chief says coronavirus spread reaching record heights | The Times of Israel

21. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gulp.
    I've previously posted that the jab looks to inactivate the P53 (tumour suppressing) cells.... Idaho doctor reports a ‘20 times increase’ of cancer in vaccinated patients - LifeSite

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich sues Biden administration for 'federal overreach' - CNNPolitics

Well Gus there is your right to have mandates being a sure thing and just peachy according to established law. Seems this is being revisited. Bet you are feeling they should just ignore the challenge I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a bad case of Elder Abuse in CA these days.

=)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    What does seem to be true is that a combination of two jabs to thwart serious disease and a mild case of the subsequent Delta variant (which has partially evolved to become more infectious) does leave more antibodies hanging around for a while than just the jabs. What is also seen -- and with far less doubt given the large numbers -- is that people are around 4.5x less likely to get Covid if they've had the two jabs and even if they get it, 11x less likely to die.
    This bears repeating so i re-quoted it.The vaccines are now FDA-approved, and there is extensive long-term testing ( a year's worth) world-wide now.

And, to re-quote myself from above:

"The “fully vaccinated” can unknowingly spread Covid as easy as anyone else. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon so we have to live with it.
    Which is why I mask up whenever I go into an enclosed space full of other people. Such as the grocery store. I've had both pfizer shots, because my doctor said so. Not some guy on TV or the radio or the newspaper.

Those who are making a big political deal out of all this are the real threat to the country, IMO. There is nothing political about a virus, and your rights end where everyone else's right to not get infected by you begin.

You know, like a *responsible adult* "

So would somebody please tell us all what's so hard about taking precautions? I'm to the point of hoping and praying that the entire Deep South in the US secedes, and this time nobody'll try to stop them. Instead they'll send them a bill for all the infrastructure.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    I'm to the point of hoping and praying that the entire Deep South in the US secedes, and this time nobody'll try to stop them.
    Great minds think alike, and they can have the damn infrastructure as long as they promise to never come visit

In fact, I've reassessed my opinion of Mr Lincoln. Very skillful politician but he was essentially mistaken. We'd be better off as two countries. Maybe three ... California without all those easterners was pretty nice.

27. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Great minds think alike, and they can have the damn infrastructure as long as they promise to never come visit

In fact, I've reassessed my opinion of Mr Lincoln. Very skillful politician but he was essentially mistaken. We'd be better off as two countries. Maybe three ... California without all those easterners was pretty nice.
    At least Cali. did the right thing in the recall race. Another loss for a little donnie backed candidate and therefor another loss for little donnie. He keeps racking them up the L column. I don't see how anybody would to live out there.