Login to Your Account
Page 391 of 457 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 9121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    THis is bullsh$t

THe vaccinated 'can' spread the virus, but they 'do not' spread the virus as much as the unvaccinated. You are less likely to get infected, get sick, get hospitalized, or die with the vaccine

You are much less likely to spread it

period

Uh, Gus, I don't think that's true. Everything I've read says that we as vaccinated folk can carry a higher viral load without noticing it. I've also read that we carry it for a shorter time, but during that time, we can be more contagious than non vaccinated folks. We're just less likely to spread it to other vaccinated folks. Which was my whole goal in getting the shot, to do my part to curb the spread, and also hopefully not end up in the hospital if I did/do get it.

Look, I'm pro-vax like you, but I'm also pro-choice (in every sense), and frothing at the mouth and saying things that are (I think) demonstrably untrue like this are just going to further drive people from even listening to the rational things you have to say.

This thread is a good example. Just people yelling at each other. Any actual discourse died many pages ago. At this point, I just follow this thread for entertainment.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    No, I don't now nor have I ever liked crowds. The beaches are always crowded. Have you ever made a midnight run down the middle of a lake at idle speed on a pontoon boat?

Lake life is the best life.
    No I have been on freshwater lakes and rivers extensively though. Mostly fishing. Large boats are nice on the water in calm weather. I like being out at times before sunrise. Offshore fishing several miles out is fun and weather change and safety is the greatest factor to me and my family. I defer to my brother’s skill on the water as he has managed well when the weather turns very bad quickly as happens.

Many larger lakes have shuttle boats running all night going to public places accessed on the lake. I have heard that people love that and reminds me of what you experienced. Myself I would never take a cruise because if I want to get on land I do not want to waste time getting there and they will go on to the next stop. Short of me starting a mutiny they keep to their schedule.

I would not wish to be subject to maritime law anyway as in violating it. I would never. It can be more punishment besides fines and imprisonments under some conditions they might throw someone overboard. Who would know? Or they could pay my Aunts to employ torture techniques unique to modern day matriarchy. Who wants that not me? I would just patiently wait for the next stop and then gladly get off.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, I don't now nor have I ever liked crowds. The beaches are always crowded. Have you ever made a midnight run down the middle of a lake at idle speed on a pontoon boat?

Lake life is the best life.
    Not quite. I have however, noticed when walking back along the boat beach from a late-night gathering in the wee hours, that there was a tasty breeze out on the lake. 5-6 if it even varied that much, steady as the trade winds. Near-full moon low in the sky over the far shore. Rigged up a Hobie cat, cleated everything off, and let the peace of the waves gently lapping against the hulls come over me. I must have dozed off, because I woke up over by that far shore, turned about, and headed home. The most worthwhile sail I've ever taken.

On the other hand, my son is learning early about crowds of people. Woodward Dream Cruise 2019, madman is just learning to talk, yells from his car seat "go way, peoples!" while we're sitting in the parking lot that normally serves as a major thoroughfare through the northwestern 'burbs.

Thanks, crazygoat, for reminding me to savor the memories and moments worth cherishing.

4. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    No I have been on freshwater lakes and rivers extensively though. Mostly fishing. Large boats are nice on the water in calm weather. I like being out at times before sunrise. Offshore fishing several miles out is fun and weather change and safety is the greatest factor to me and my family. I defer to my brother’s skill on the water as he has managed well when the weather turns very bad quickly as happens.

Many larger lakes have shuttle boats running all night going to public places accessed on the lake. I have heard that people love that and reminds me of what you experienced. Myself I would never take a cruise because if I want to get on land I do not want to waste time getting there and they will go on to the next stop. Short of me starting a mutiny they keep to their schedule.

I would not wish to be subject to maritime law anyway as in violating it. I would never. It can be more punishment besides fines and imprisonments under some conditions they might throw someone overboard. Who would know? Or they could pay my Aunts to employ torture techniques unique to modern day matriarchy. Who wants that not me? I would just patiently wait for the next stop and then gladly get off.
    No cruises for me either as I don't like to be around too many people. 4 or 5 is about my limit.

6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I liked the man yet he turned out the way he did. The nursing home decision was a huge mistake and he should have known better. With his interactions with women well this happens a lot with powerful and wealthy men of this type. I do notice many times that after these may even be incarcerated often the review of their trial and due process turned out to be deeply flawed.
    The nursing home decision. Maybe the governors would have been better off putting all covid people in hospitals and putting heart attack and cancer patients and accident victims in nursing homes. I'm sure that would have gone over well with the trump cult crowd. They were pretty much in a no win situation with many more people needing medical care than the hospitals could provide for.

And the ship that trump sent to NY probably couldn't have done any better than what Cuomo did anyway. It would have probably ended up with everyone on the ship infected and the trump cult people would have piled on him for that. Bunch of spoiled selfish crybabies is what the trump cult people are and it shows bigly.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    The nursing home decision. Maybe the governors would have been better off putting all covid people in hospitals and putting heart attack and cancer patients and accident victims in nursing homes. I'm sure that would have gone over well with the trump cult crowd. They were pretty much in a no win situation with many more people needing medical care than the hospitals could provide for.

And the ship that trump sent to NY probably couldn't have done any better than what Cuomo did anyway. It would have probably ended up with everyone on the ship infected and the trump cult people would have piled on him for that. Bunch of spoiled selfish crybabies is what the trump cult people are and it shows bigly.
    Can you actually put a friggin sentence together without writing culty trumpy culty trumpy?
    You may not realise it, but holymoly it makes you look like a retard....

9. Likes Trueturning, camscan, SteelrFn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    Uh, Gus, I don't think that's true. Everything I've read says that we as vaccinated folk can carry a higher viral load without noticing it. I've also read that we carry it for a shorter time, but during that time, we can be more contagious than non vaccinated folks. We're just less likely to spread it to other vaccinated folks. Which was my whole goal in getting the shot, to do my part to curb the spread, and also hopefully not end up in the hospital if I did/do get it.

Look, I'm pro-vax like you, but I'm also pro-choice (in every sense), and frothing at the mouth and saying things that are (I think) demonstrably untrue like this are just going to further drive people from even listening to the rational things you have to say.

This thread is a good example. Just people yelling at each other. Any actual discourse died many pages ago. At this point, I just follow this thread for entertainment.
    What you are missing is the careful misuse of words

'can' is not the same as 'will'

vaccinated people have a far lower chance of becoming infected

'if' they get infected they 'can' carry a high viral load

So no, it is not demonstrably false, it is the subtle and not so subtle BS propaganda that now even you are falling for

breakthrough cases are breakthrough cases, they are not the rule

COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases: Data from the States | KFF

covidbreakthrough.jpg

Lists my home state as .1 percent

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not completely valid there was excess capacity from ships and other places set up to handle the patients. It was not Trump cult anything by any stretch of a rational mind.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Can you actually put a friggin sentence together without writing culty trumpy culty trumpy?
    He knows just like on his border property on the Mexico border he knows illegals pass through. Everyone does.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What you are missing is the careful misuse of words

'can' is not the same as 'will'

vaccinated people have a far lower chance of becoming infected

'if' they get infected they 'can' carry a high viral load

So no, it is not demonstrably false, it is the subtle and not so subtle BS propaganda that now even you are falling for

breakthrough cases are breakthrough cases, they are not the rule
    When people note the disclaimers like “if this is true” and other word parsing then it becomes apparent that when people post things and tie in their views with site that they are parsing and manipulating words and think they are clever deceivers. Many get away with it a lot because their data dump often is so intentionally overbearing that it serves to cover them in their opinion.

Life is too short to bother except by pointing out a few things which are obvious. Noting a persons intent will give a heads up when evaluating such posts.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does this mean hes now a member of the trumpist death cult whos never posted a fact in his life!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Massachusetts pop ~7 million 87 percent of over 12 population vaccinated, 7 day average of new cases 1900 new deaths 10
    Tennessee... pop ~7 million 60 percent of over 12 population vaccinated, 7 day average of new cases 7500 new deaths 60
    Indiana... pop ~7 million 60 percent of over 12 population vaccinated, 7 day average of new cases 4100 new deaths 40
    the difference in cases is vaccination, if the vaccinated spread it as easily, the cases would be similar, though deaths would be lower

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't expect any of the trump cult members to watch anything on PBS. They think it's all fake news because it's PBS and not fox noise.
    Fux Noise learned from the best: Edward Bernays, the Father of modern propaganda. An American. Same guy that whitewashed the American Indian massacres in the 1800's. Same guy that Hermann Goering learned from. Bernays wrote the book on how to do propaganda.

" “…It is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.”

Reminded by Gilbert that “in a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives,” Goering told him that “voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.”

17. Likes Scottl, Trueturning, Big B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Does this mean hes now a member of the trumpist death cult whos never posted a fact in his life!?
    Don't worry you will still get paid

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    Like the guy that had a heart attack and got turned away from 43 ICU's because they were all full of COVID patients. It stopped being funny back in January.
    Nice to see you buy fake stories as do all the other sources than ran with the story before vetting it.

A spokesperson for Cullman Regional Medical Center, who declined to give specifics of Ray DeMonia's case, citing privacy concerns, confirmed to NPR that he was transferred from the hospital but said the reason was that he required "a higher level of specialized care not available" there.

Because of medical privacy concerns the bogus story cannot be refuted in it's entirety. Any one who reads the available details would understand the story is nonsense. First the guy was a cardiac patient who required very specialized care. 43 ICU's? Wonder why they picked that number?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    He can't because he is obsessed with Trump and thinks about him all his waking moments. He also seems to have a limited amount of thoughts and vocabulary so he just repeats the same insults, over, and over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"When you Ass-ume you make an ass out of ...."

Yourself in this case, as usual. These ships have been used for pandemics elsewhere in the past and they are well equipped to deal with infectious diseases, with highly trained medical personnel and proper equipment.

Nursing homes on the other hand are mostly staffed with low wage "care givers" and often have only a single nurse on duty for the entire facility.

22. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    Nice to see you buy fake stories as do all the other sources than ran with the story before vetting it.

A spokesperson for Cullman Regional Medical Center, who declined to give specifics of Ray DeMonia's case, citing privacy concerns, confirmed to NPR that he was transferred from the hospital but said the reason was that he required "a higher level of specialized care not available" there.

Because of medical privacy concerns the bogus story cannot be refuted in it's entirety. Any one who reads the available details would understand the story is nonsense. First the guy was a cardiac patient who required very specialized care. 43 ICU's? Wonder why they picked that number?
    Sooo, you call it a bogus story, but other than the obvious citation of patient privacy, how are you determining it is 'fake'

Or is it because you disagree with it that makes it fake?

The larger quote

Jennifer Malone, a spokesperson for the Cullman hospital, confirmed DeMonia was a patient and said he needed to be transferred to receive a higher level of specialized care not available at Cullman Regional Medical Center. She could not comment more for privacy reasons, but said, the “continued surge in COVID patients has saturated tertiary care hospitals creating an ongoing and increasing challenge for Cullman Regional staff to find hospitals able to receive patient transfers when needed.”

Williamson also could not comment on DeMonia’s case but said the struggle to find an open bed to transfer a patient is a scenario being played out daily.

“Basically, half of our ICU beds are now filled with COVID patients,” Williamson said.

Alabama on Monday had 2,474 COVID-19 patients in state hospitals of which 86% were unvaccinated, according to the Alabama Hospital Association.

Nearly half of the state’s intensive care unit beds, or 772 beds, are occupied by a person with COVID-19. And the surge of patients meant some hospitals had to convert other space to ICUs. Patients who normally would be treated in ICU wards are instead being cared for in emergency rooms, normal beds or even gurneys left in hallways, state officials said.

The state had 1,562 ICU patients Monday, but 1,551 dedicated ICU beds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No cruises for me either as I don't like to be around too many people. 4 or 5 is about my limit.
    While I also don't care for large crowds, limiting yourself to activities with only 4 or 5 people pretty severely restricts what you can participate in. Our normal Sunday morning trap shoots are usually at least a dozen people with often 30 or more. Each "squad" consists of 5 shooters on the line for each round. The rest wait well behind the firing line, watching and conversing quietly.

Even eating in a restaurant must be difficult for you, and probably limits you to takeout only.

Not to be cruel, but I've often suggested in the past that many of the more left-leaning posters here tend to be more antisocial than the general population, and your post is just the latest supporting that view. Another gentlemen said he liked working alone in the lab at night because he didn't have to deal with other people.

I LIKE people, not all of them of course but I can generally go to some activity where most (or all) are strangers and soon find myself participating in conversation. I've even met some that way who became actual friends and remained so for life.

25. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    While I also don't care for large crowds, limiting yourself to activities with only 4 or 5 people pretty severely restricts what you can participate in. Our normal Sunday morning trap shoots are usually at least a dozen people with often 30 or more. Each "squad" consists of 5 shooters on the line for each round. The rest wait well behind the firing line, watching and conversing quietly.

Even eating in a restaurant must be difficult for you, and probably limits you to takeout only.

Not to be cruel, but I've often suggested in the past that many of the more left-leaning posters here tend to be more antisocial than the general population, and your post is just the latest supporting that view. Another gentlemen said he liked working alone in the lab at night because he didn't have to deal with other people.

I LIKE people, not all of them of course but I can generally go to some activity where most (or all) are strangers and soon find myself participating in conversation. I've even met some that way who became actual friends and remained so for life.
    YehBut YOU are the crazy culty trumpy loving culty trumper.
    Apparently...