Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I found out today a old friend who I haven’t seen for some time has been in the hospital on ventilator for three weeks. He is struggling to live. He has Covid.
    Had he been vaccinated, age, pre-existing conditions? I wish him a full recovery.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    Everything posted by a member who doesn't share your political views solicits an insult.
    No, poops. We aren't talking who has the better haircut or gives the most inspirational speeches. Has nothing to do with politics.

It's people who don't believe in modern medicine that's the problem. Idiots who pull crackpot garbage off facebook and twitter to "justify" their braindead ideas. This isn't politics. This is sheer stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don’t know jack shit about Ivermectin, but I did read it (or it’s founders) received a Nobel Prize for coming up with it.

Seems like a lot of praise for animal medicine….??

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    Had he been vaccinated, age, pre-existing conditions? I wish him a full recovery.
    I will find out. I doubt he vaccinated and he was overweight quite a bit. He is a. Very good man. He is being treated well. Since Aug 25th.

Pediatric cases are increasing also as anywhere schools are in session. Children under 12 are not approved for vaccination. So the parents are home schooling younger children. They should start up zoom again for all those kids.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    Why not ? People eat beef, if you can solve a big problem in the food supply, I can see it deserving a Nobel ... especially if the way it works is some big change in understanding of biology.

Will have to go look, just for fun.

Edit: got the Nobel for its use in treating parasites (e.g. roundworms) in humans. Not demonstrated to have any effect on viruses in living hosts.

p.s. Joe Rogan is entertaining but looking to him for medical advice is the height of idiocy.

Took less than ten minutes to find that, btw. Ahem.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The vet I have told the story of going to do work in a rural area. A worker was working the cattle and got cut pretty good and asked the vet to fix him up as there was no doctor in the area. The man insisted and the vet did it no problem. Some in the past have said veterinary medicine moves quickly compared to human as the testing process for medicines and procedures are quick with less checks and balances or regulations.

Some fellows needing heavy sedation should check it out maybe get a up to date dog license while they are there.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The vet I have told the story of going to do work in a rural area.
    Doesn't have to be rural ... friend's girlfriend had her broken toe x-rayed and set by their cat doctor. Did a good job. They couldn't afford the overpriced crap the medical establishment subjects americans to.

8. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    It's people who don't believe in modern medicine that's the problem. Idiots who pull crackpot garbage off facebook and twitter to "justify" their braindead ideas. This isn't politics. This is sheer stupidity.
    So true. So true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe this was already linked somewhere here but this is from the Washington Post.

More than 15 studies have demonstrated the power of immunity acquired by previously having the virus. A 700,000-person studyfrom Israel two weeks ago found that those who had experienced prior infectionswere 27 times less likely to get a second symptomatic covid infection than those who were vaccinated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ccine-mandate/

11. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Took less than ten minutes to find that, btw. Ahem.
    Id love to see you have the conversation with someone like Mike Yeadon. He could bring his decades of appropriate experience in the field and you could bring your 'zero experience but can bullshit with the best o em!' routine.

13. Likes SteelrFn liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Massachusetts pop ~7 million 87 percent of over 12 population vaccinated, 7 day average of new cases 1900 new deaths 10
    Tennessee... pop ~7 million 60 percent of over 12 population vaccinated, 7 day average of new cases 7500 new deaths 60
    Indiana... pop ~7 million 60 percent of over 12 population vaccinated, 7 day average of new cases 4100 new deaths 40
    the difference in cases is vaccination, if the vaccinated spread it as easily, the cases would be similar, though deaths would be lower
    Seriously, if the Government and yourself thinks that the Vaccines are working wonders and are completely safe and there has been ample time now to prove so by the figures you post.
    Then why doesn't the Government lift it's immunity to these companies? Sounds to me like they all think something could still go wrong. So why should I trust them when I already have my own immunity, I mean even if a few die to to some allergic reaction, these companies are swimming in cash now and are making way more than enough to compensate if they lose these few cases in court which they probably wouldn't.
    You do realize that it is this immunity clause that keeps most of us from getting the jab, right?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Can you actually put a friggin sentence together without writing culty trumpy culty trumpy?
    You may not realise it, but holymoly it makes you look like a retard....
    Nobody takes that clown seriously anymore

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Id love to see you have the conversation with someone like Mike Yeadon. He could bring his decades of appropriate experience in the field and you could bring your 'zero experience but can bullshit with the best o em!' routine.

Honestly he is not even good at bullshitting, he cuts and pastes everything he posts from left wing sites, like the term 'Christian Taliban' he threw around last week he stole from a famous leftists tweet. He is nothing but a plagiarist, just like his President

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    So true. So true.
    I dunno crazy, might be true for some, but there's defo others out there who've looked dispassionately at the numbers and elected to take their chances with just the disease rather than with an experimental medication still in human trials + the disease.

Im just hoping to be one of the lucky 3.8 million again this year.

18. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    I don’t know jack shit about Ivermectin, but I did read it (or it’s founders) received a Nobel Prize for coming up with it.

They deserve it, it is a very effective anti-parasitic drug. The reason the price was given is "the derivatives of which have radically lowered the incidence of river blindness and lymphatic filariasis, as well as showing efficacy against an expanding number of other parasitic diseases". But and a big but, it is not an antiviral drug in normal doses. In vitro in extreme doses, it has some antiviral effects, to achieve similar concentration in vivo one is beyond the over-dose limits.

The current approved clinical uses are limited to:

This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections. Curing parasitic infections helps to improve your quality of life. In people with weakened defense (immune) systems, curing roundworm infections can reduce the risk of developing a severe or life-threatening infection. Ivermectin belongs to a class of drugs known as anthelmintics. It works by paralyzing and killing parasites.

You need to discuss any medication with your PC provider first. The CDC issued an advisory against using ivermectin for COVID-19

https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/pdf/CDC_HAN_449.pdf

The FDA issued the most uncommon Tweet to warn about using the animal formulations.

https://twitter.com/us_fda/status/1429050070243192839

So to stop any fuckin. propaganda for wonder drugs. The vaccine is the only thing that prevents severe COVID-19. Post-infection the only viable treatments are monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma. Just in case your prayers quit working.

dee
    ;_D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why not ? People eat beef, if you can solve a big problem in the food supply, I can see it deserving a Nobel ... especially if the way it works is some big change in understanding of biology.

Edit: got the Nobel for its use in treating parasites (e.g. roundworms) in humans.

Not demonstrated to have any effect on viruses in living hosts.
    It did kill covid virus in a test tube. Only thing was the dosage would have killed a human. Probably the same with bleach or gasoline, I am sure they would kill covid in a test tube also. In the early days to see what would be effective a lot of off the shelf medicines were probably tried.

Ivermectin was cheap and easy to get a hold of and that NOW DEBUNKED Egyptian study said it worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The vet I have told the story of going to do work in a rural area. A worker was working the cattle and got cut pretty good and asked the vet to fix him up as there was no doctor in the area. The man insisted and the vet did it no problem. Some in the past have said veterinary medicine moves quickly compared to human as the testing process for medicines and procedures are quick with less checks and balances or regulations.

Some fellows needing heavy sedation should check it out maybe get a up to date dog license while they are there.
    In farm country many folk treat themselves with veterinary supplies for routine problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    It did kill covid virus in a test tube. Only thing was the dosage would have killed a human. Probably the same with bleach or gasoline, I am sure they would kill covid in a test tube also. In the early days to see what would be effective a lot of off the shelf medicines were probably tried.

Ivermectin was cheap and easy to get a hold of and that NOW DEBUNKED Egyptian study said it worked.
    Ivermectin is part of the MATH+ protocol for treating Covid. Most of the "studies" claiming to debunk its use used it as a stand-alone drug, rather than part of a protocol involving multiple drugs, same stunt they pulled on Hydroxychloroquine to discredit it.

And the only people suggesting bleach, gasoline, or other non-medicines are the "liberal" media and the posters who parrot their slanderous bullshit. They are "quoting" people who never said any such thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Vets have more years of schooling than people doctors. Had a cat that got snake bit in the face and took her to the vet. He charged me $40.00 or so and the cat survived. Typical rattlesnake bite will cost you $30,000 to $40,000. After paying $40.00 for the cat I told anyone that would listen, I would go to the vet if I ever got snake bit. :-)
    Coral snake bite cost me $95K a few months back.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I found out today a old friend who I haven’t seen for some time has been in the hospital on ventilator for three weeks. He is struggling to live. He has Covid.
    TT,

Very sorry to hear that, Hope he is getting the best care around. Hope he is not becoming a statistic. Everyone deserves to live through this pandemic, the only thing that has worked so far in most cases is the vaccines.

dee
    ;-D

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post