Login to Your Account
Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400
Results 7,981 to 7,994 of 7994
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The border wall holds good for another week.....no community infectious cases all week .......one irritated truckie did crash the wall after being turned back ,score:= concrete blocks one ,wrecked trucks one.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Because Jenius tt is the only one that has ever known the word cognitive so I must have gotten it from him. LOL

Many years ago I read the book "age of propoganda" and it talked a lot about cognitive dissonance which is a whole different thing than just cognitive.
    Guess I will have to catch up so I can understand better what you guys are up to.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    You have to wonder how bad things got if a carrier general felt he has to calm the waters with the adversaries. ya'll have to be freakin lunatics if you think that the top brass that tends to be heavily republican anyway would even think about doing anything close to what Gen Millie did just because they do not like the pres. What Gen Millie did needs to be investigated by Congress, and he is either exonerated or deposed. I think that the only reason he took the steps was that he felt no one can be trusted around Trump, and Trump was nutz. Make him testify, see where the chips fall.
    He rightly has covered himself isn’t that obvious to y’all? The man is not a fool. Besides Woodward did a number on Nixon too. Y’all admire his perceptions on things and buy his books. Too you try to have a wit and writing style like his also. For you fellows it seems that this sort of established dogma is needed to idolize such a character. Who knows for sure it hurts the brain trying to figure out how you lot think.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not certain. Yes, it is a decision they make, but if they make decisions based on bad advice, is it all their fault? If they do not know any better? If people disregard good advice for whatever reasons and only decide based on bad information, sure it is their fault, but if the good advice is kept away from them by bad actors? How would they make up their minds? It is painful to see 1 in 500 dead just because they listened to the wrong messengers.

dee
    ;-D
    Seeing them all in that way assumes they are not one in 30 thousand. You act as if the unvaxed are anti vax. This belief is unproven.

14% is pretty generous I would think but there it is. I have thought from the past it was 10%.

'Concerning' number of Americans identify as anti-vaxxers - Futurity

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    He rightly has covered himself isn’t that obvious to y’all? The man is not a fool. Besides Woodward did a number on Nixon too. Y’all admire his perceptions on things and buy his books. Too you try to have a wit and writing style like his also. For you fellows it seems that this sort of established dogma is needed to idolize such a character. Who knows for sure it hurts the brain trying to figure out how you lot think.
    Well you know, I think the alleged actions from the joint chief of staff are truly shocking, the optics are not good. But you do not become the joint chief of staff by being a grenade lobber. Only the steadiest of the steady make it to that post in the military. So for him to break rank with the president had to be a choice he would only make once in a carrier. He needs to testify to the motives, reasoning, and justifications he made to himself. Had the former president given orders for a strike of any kind his actions would have been either insubordination or resignation. His planning was leading up to that. Millie got lucky and he did not have to execute. I do not think he should be lucky to escape through bi-partisan congressional scrutiny under oath.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ what's your feeling about Erwin Rommel, scip ?

What did Milley actually do ? Told a chinese general the US would not start a thermonuclear war ? Is that a bad thing ? If the Donald had decided to threaten that to save his election chances and China had taken it seriously, Milley would be a hero. Given how insane the Trump is, I personally think it was a brave and sensible act.

Trump was an egotistical lunatic, just like some other historic figures. If he had not lost the election the US in four years would be unrecognizable. He had learned how to subvert government and was just getting started.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seeing them all in that way assumes they are not one in 30 thousand. You act as if the unvaxed are anti vax. This belief is unproven.

14% is pretty generous I would think but there it is. I have thought from the past it was 10%.

'Concerning' number of Americans identify as anti-vaxxers - Futurity
    No, they are not all antivaxnutz, People will make decisions based on information they consume experiences they have things they believe or distrust or trust, or just simply procrastinate for a number of reasons. I consider the right-wing media total antivaxers, and if the only thing one listens to is faux new and Q-OAN screwsmax then one would think there is nothing to worry about this is just the flu, and vax makes ya magnetic nuff to erase all your credit cards. I blame people who spew that shit while they are fully vaxed and protected by a mask mandate of a multi-billion media conglomerate.

There is an urgency with the pandemic and it takes 6 weeks to get vaximmunity. And getting vaccinated is not only for you but more for the people around you, esp the ones who cannot get vaccinated. A decision not to get vaccinated is a selfish decision, it is only your own personal impact if you live on a desert island. Being part of society puts shared responsibility on each member. You do not have the constitutional right to infect anyone with a deadly pathogen. You can even be sued or criminally charged

Intentional COVID-19 spread can put you in jail or a lawsuit | Rossen Law Firm

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have to wonder how bad things got if a carrier general felt he has to calm the waters with the adversaries. ya'll have to be freakin lunatics if you think that the top brass that tends to be heavily republican anyway would even think about doing anything close to what Gen Millie did just because they do not like the pres. What Gen Millie did needs to be investigated by Congress, and he is either exonerated or deposed. I think that the only reason he took the steps was that he felt no one can be trusted around Trump, and Trump was nutz. Make him testify, see where the chips fall.
    The way things go the traitor was likely someone who tipped the Chinese with a lie in the first place. TDS runs silent and deep.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    To be honest, I don't. Faux Noise is obviously such a pack of brownshirts, all hatred and lies, that it's really difficult to feel sorry for people who believe that crap. If one were a good christian one would feel sorry for the gestapo and the SS, too.

But I'm not that kind.

There is a difference between wishing people dead and recognizing that they deserve it. I have spent a fair amount of time for almost two years now on this subject. Reported what I saw with my own eyes. Reported what was done in at least one successful country. Tried to separate chocolate from dogshit at some length. Tried reason. None of it has worked, in fact mostly got slurs and ridicule as a "communist agent."

How much can you do ? When people insist on jumping off a cliff because they desperately want to believe stupid shit, at some point it's 'so sad, too bad'. Fuck 'em. Nature is not kind-hearted. Stupidity and lack of any type of skill or talent or intelligence is rewarded by a different species taking over.

It pisses me off that these people are making polar bears go extinct. So get outta the way, freedumbfucks. Let another species have your spot.
    “ It pisses me off that these people are making polar bears go extinct. So get outta the way, freedumbfucks. Let another species have your spot.”

That is what Bernie said too. Looks like he miscalculated The polar bears are adapting just like us folk.

82476951-151d-4d25-8814-a6802c8eb905.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    ^ what's your feeling about Erwin Rommel, scip ?

What did Milley actually do ? Told a chinese general the US would not start a thermonuclear war ? Is that a bad thing ? If the Donald had decided to threaten that to save his election chances and China had taken it seriously, Milley would be a hero. Given how insane the Trump is, I personally think it was a brave and sensible act.

Trump was an egotistical lunatic, just like some other historic figures. If he had not lost the election the US in four years would be unrecognizable. He had learned how to subvert government and was just getting started.
    Sucks to be a brilliant strategist on the losing side. You should not expect political expeditions from military brass. And Romel did very little of that, although more than the Romel myth would suggest. Hence the reason I find Millie's actions shocking. History will be a judge of whether Millie did or did not do the right thing. But history will not have the full picture unless congress forces him to testify and fully disclose everything. In short, I believe whatever he did was under the heading "Trump made him do it" . Abhorrent behavior at the highest levels provokes interesting outcomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

12. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rommel wasnt the genius he was claimed to be either....he had daily information of British plans and troop movements ,courtesy of the US military observer in Cairo,who transmitted daily to the US embassy in Rome,which was a nest of anti British spies in the days before the US declared war on Germany......Rommel called him "Our good source".....The information ceased on the first night of El Alemaine,and the Germans were thrown into utter confusion.

14. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The way things go the traitor was likely someone who tipped the Chinese with a lie in the first place. TDS runs silent and deep.
    You know the Chinese government watches all the news from the US, not just faux news. They hack into systems, they have spies. and unlike Trump they trust their own intelligence services, they saw a huge mess and they were probably more worried than you would think. And because the US intelligence services monitor all the news in China and they have spies in China and hack into whatever, they probably reported to the chief of staff that the Chinese were thinking that Trump is ordering a strike....this is all speculative, but imagine you are in Millie's uniform, what would you do? Trump already fucked you over once publically, so you cannot trust the MoFo, There are only lackeys around him, so you make decisions. And that is the stuff he needs to explain.

BTW

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court

So whoever "tipped off" the Chinese of whatever cannot be a traitor. But could be charged with disclosing classified information under 18 U.S. Code § 798 only if the exchange is not part of their official duty. It is also hard to imagine that whatever Millie allegedly discussed with Gen Lie can be considered classified information.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court
    Which makes Richard M Nixon and Henry Kissinger guilty of treason and subject to hanging. Let's dig the bastards up and give them what they deserve.

Busting him for a stupid burglary was a travesty.

btw, that was an election year stunt as well. People will go to great lengths to win that office, and Nixon was much less of a psychopath than Donald Trump.