UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Please explain how letting the trumpster stiff all his creditors and employees is protecting liberals.

Non-sequiter. You did not answer the question. Existing laws protect liberals exactly HOW?
    It actually protects liberals and conservatives yet the only ones complaining about the Bankruptcy law are you guys. A court oversees the whole process .

“ Bankruptcy in the United States is a matter placed under federal jurisdiction by the United States Constitution (in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4), which empowers Congress to enact "uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States". Congress has enacted statutes governing bankruptcy, primarily in the form of the Bankruptcy Code, located at Title 11 of the United States Code.[34]
    A debtor declares bankruptcy to obtain relief from debt, and this is normally accomplished either through a discharge of the debt or through a restructuring of the debt. When a debtor files a voluntary petition, their bankruptcy case commences.[35]”

It makes the process more fair to everyone. It does not make everyone whole. Everyone who did business with him knew the rules going in and so even though people got shorted many others did not. The court structures the arrangement.

Illegal fraud is a federal crime being Trump was never even charged no one understands why y’all complain. One would think you all believe you guys are the only ones adversely affected. It is about Trump and your smear campaign is all.

The laws can be changed I suppose yet one thing for sure one can not squeeze blood from a turnip. So when a business fails not everyone can be paid because there is not enough money. If anything which happened in the cases y’all always complain about were fraud or if it broke the law (federal law) then Trump would be in jail.

Wait every couple of months y’all say he is going to jail for something yet it never happens so who will believe you? Only your ilk.

Jim y’all need to get over that maybe one day they will catch the Great Pumpkin and fine him a paltry sum but he is like the Gingerbread man he is gone gone gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    . . .. The current approach is basically "wait until you are gasping for breath, then call and we'll admit you to hospital and shove you on a ventilator".
    The recommended approach has been "try not to get it."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    Yeah, what he did at the last presidential debate was criminal...
    I think he was rather too aggressive and it did not work. I thought it was way overboard and made no sense unless he might have believed that he was lagging in votes. That would explain his loss of composure. He need not have come down so hard. It is like happens here a lot when people just get mad. It happens. All of the scrutiny and attacks plus accusations finally unproven took their toll.

Congratulations y’all delivered the model of a hard core smear campaign. It sets the tone for both sides into the foreseeable future.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Congratulations y’all delivered the model of a hard core smear campaign. It sets the tone for both sides into the foreseeable future.
    For sure. Biden stayed in the basement and kept his mouth shut while Mr Trump smeared himself right out of office. Every time the Donald opened his mouth it gave people another reason to vote against him.

5. Likes Laurentian, dcsipo, dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think he was rather too aggressive and it did not work. I thought it was way overboard and made no sense unless he might have believed that he was lagging in votes. That would explain his loss of composure.
    You know the old saying " if you can't stand the heat, stay out of kitchen ".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    For sure. Biden stayed in the basement and kept his mouth shut while Mr Trump smeared himself right out of office. Every time the Donald opened his mouth it gave people another reason to vote against him.
    It was a quite wise strategy telling Biden to stay hunkered down and to play harmless. Guess y’all are not even phased at what he has wrought on many fronts.

Y’all are going to stay on Trump for Biden’s entire term if you can. I will bet that you all can not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm just checking the thread on occasion to see if the update from Limy has posted.

Camscam, any idea when it'll happen?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    You know the old saying " if you can't stand the heat, stay out of kitchen ".
    If Biden were hot it would be a good comparison. I still like the guy yet I do not understand why he feels the border situation should not classify as a problem.

Infrastructure bill someone has to pass infrastructure though it seems any bill they have is wasteful. That is whoever in in the majority.

One thing which hurts him is when like y’all he blames Trump or his policies when there are new problems during his watch. He is losing steady support. It likely will go about how Trump in reality alienated a increasing part of the support.

I did not understand the benefits really of his targeted tax cuts really. It seemed all he cared about was the top earners. Those cuts did not bring others more income or tax cuts for the dwindling middle lower class.

The positive impact of that action is really not actually proven cause and effect wise. Over all conservative is much better as long as there is a counter balance of opposition. They tend to do the same kinds of dumb things in reality. Their approach might be a bit different.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Y’all are going to stay on Trump for Biden’s entire term if you can. I will bet that you all can not.
    Nah, as the trump hysteria dies down, there's no point.

Biden is an ignorant prick, he's just not as bad as trumplestiltskin. If someone with a brain doesn't come out of hiding three years from now, god knows what will happen to the US. Talk about a rudderless ship ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If someone with a brain doesn't come out of hiding three years from now, god knows what will happen to the US. Talk about a rudderless ship ...
    Really?
    3 years from now rudderless?

Ship ... My ass!

Fuck, I'll settle for a canoe with an paddle in 3 years!
    Perhaps by the end of the year even! ( or should that read: Bid'en of the year even ...???)

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    Really?
    3 years from now rudderless?
    Yeah, it's the same old Clinton - Bush - Obama retread crap. But it's better than a rerun of 1935 Germany.

Hope springs eternal, eh ?

It will be interesting to see how using Australia as the US catspaw works. China isn't stupid like the Soviet Union, and something like 35% of Australia's exports go to China. Going to be a fun game to watch, and Mr Biden and the Blinken etc are thoroughly outclassed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, it's the same old Clinton - Bush - Obama retread crap. But it's better than a rerun of 1935 Germany.
    Tell me 10 years from now if it's better and how....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of us old farts will not around to let anybody know anything 10 yeard from now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That you could write that shows a very diseased brain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I'm just checking the thread on occasion to see if the update from Limy has posted.

Camscam, any idea when it'll happen?
    When he is ready and not until,sorry.

17. Likes Demon73, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    When he is ready and not until,sorry.
    Damn, sorry it's (whatever "it" is) is such a problem for him.

Please pass on our best wishes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, one quick on-topic post:

Petrol station worker killed in Germany after face mask row | Coronavirus | The Guardian

If this does not shock your conscience at the utter selfishness and evil of the shooter, then you are bereft of humanity.

[And I know I have to explicitly say "shooter", as if I wrote "perpetrator" some of you WOULD claim it was the station worker and say it was his fault!]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think I will take 'whoever the Democrats nominate' over Putin, ten times out of ten

Yesterday at 10:29 p.m. EDT

A political strategist who was pardoned by the former president after being convicted in a 2012 campaign finance scheme is facing new charges related to an alleged 2016 plot to illegally funnel donations made by a Russian national to support then-candidate Donald Trump’s White House bid.

Jesse Benton, 43, who was previously a top aide to former congressman Ron Paul (R-Tex.) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and later ran a pro-Trump super PAC, was charged this month, according to a federal indictment in Washington unsealed Monday. Also charged is Roy Douglas “Doug” Wead, 75, a conservative author and former special assistant to President George H.W. Bush.

According to the indictment, in the months before the 2016 presidential election, Benton and Wead solicited a U.S. campaign donation from a Russian national in violation of federal law, then filed false campaign finance reports to make it seem that the donation was from Benton.

Federal disclosures from that period make clear the donation went to support Trump’s election, though the recipient is not named in the indictment. Authorities allege Benton arranged for the Russian national to attend a fundraiser “and get a photograph with” the candidate, “in exchange for a political contribution.”

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think he was rather too aggressive and it did not work. I thought it was way overboard and made no sense unless he might have believed that he was lagging in votes. That would explain his loss of composure. He need not have come down so hard. It is like happens here a lot when people just get mad. It happens. All of the scrutiny and attacks plus accusations finally unproven took their toll.

sorry, you said debater's prison...I think youmeant debtor's prison... a huge difference

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It actually protects liberals and conservatives yet the only ones complaining about the Bankruptcy law are you guys. A court oversees the whole process .

“ Bankruptcy in the United States is a matter placed under federal jurisdiction by the United States Constitution (in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4), which empowers Congress to enact "uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States". Congress has enacted statutes governing bankruptcy, primarily in the form of the Bankruptcy Code, located at Title 11 of the United States Code.[34]
    A debtor declares bankruptcy to obtain relief from debt, and this is normally accomplished either through a discharge of the debt or through a restructuring of the debt. When a debtor files a voluntary petition, their bankruptcy case commences.[35]”

It makes the process more fair to everyone. It does not make everyone whole. Everyone who did business with him knew the rules going in and so even though people got shorted many others did not. The court structures the arrangement.

Illegal fraud is a federal crime being Trump was never even charged no one understands why y’all complain. One would think you all believe you guys are the only ones adversely affected. It is about Trump and your smear campaign is all.

The laws can be changed I suppose yet one thing for sure one can not squeeze blood from a turnip. So when a business fails not everyone can be paid because there is not enough money. If anything which happened in the cases y’all always complain about were fraud or if it broke the law (federal law) then Trump would be in jail.

Wait every couple of months y’all say he is going to jail for something yet it never happens so who will believe you? Only your ilk.

Jim y’all need to get over that maybe one day they will catch the Great Pumpkin and fine him a paltry sum but he is like the Gingerbread man he is gone gone gone.

When a business fails I am all for going after the CEO's that cash in their bonus checks and screwing the workers out of money when they file for bankruptcy. As for Trump in this case he hires people to fix his screw ups which is why he is not in prison.

23. Likes crazygoat liked this post