What's new
What's new

2nd Covid 19 Vaccination Shot Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you! Full immunity in a couple of weeks and a lot less worry. Took them a while to get back to you. The gave my wife and mine on the appointment day and time that was noted on our vaccination cards 28 days later (Maderna).

Our second dose was back in January and they had us stay for 15 minutes on the second dose (30 on the first one). If they let you go in 5 minutes they are getting more confident about reactions.

Hope your new thread does not get messed on like the old one.

Good for you! Full immunity in a couple of weeks and a lot less worry. Took them a while to get back to you. The gave my wife and mine on the appointment day and time that was noted on our vaccination cards 28 days later (Maderna).

Our second dose was back in January and they had us stay for 15 minutes on the second dose (30 on the first one). If they let you go in 5 minutes they are getting more confident about reactions.

Hope your new thread does not get messed on like the old one.

That's because our ''powers that be'' decided it was better to get as many people as possible the 1st shot as that offered some protection, which was deemed better than ''rushing'' through only about 1/2 as many etc etc, and 3 months / 12 weeks was reckoned to be about as far as they could stretch it.

IMO their vaccination tactics compbined with lockdowns etc etc seemed to have worked, ....but only time will tell.

Yup Sami about the same as my experience
Arm was a bit more sore on the second shot.

If I remember the number correctly a single does of Pfizer or Maderna
Is about as effective as the J&J vaccine.
50 to 60 percent effective rate is considered an acceptable vaccine.

Point being a single dose of either Pfizer or maderna would be a good vaccine
With as second dose it becomes a great vaccine.

let me guess, you do not like rich bitches.

dee
;-D

Correct! and why ;- many years ago I had a rich girlfriend, the affair lasting about 18 months, the end came one morning, when having stayed over at hers, I had to get up and go to work.

She didn't want me to, and belive me guys if I wasn't working I'd have willingly stayed (fixing tractors and tackle on arable & veg farms has little appeal on cold wet mornings) but I had to go.

At which she asked how much I'd make that day, and when I told her £X she said ''I've got money'' and taking her purse from the nightstand held out £X.

Correct! and why ;- many years ago I had a rich girlfriend, the affair lasting about 18 months, the end came one morning, when having stayed over at hers, I had to get up and go to work.

She didn't want me to, and belive me guys if I wasn't working I'd have willingly stayed (fixing tractors and tackle on arable & veg farms has little appeal on cold wet mornings) but I had to go.

At which she asked how much I'd make that day, and when I told her £X she said ''I've got money'' and taking her purse from the nightstand held out £X.

LOL I would have taken the money.....:)and then given the lovely lady her monies worth:drool5:

I assume she wasn't a strapping Norfolk lass:eek:, otherwise she would have dragged you back into the bedroom, tied you to the bed, strapped on the strap-on:eek:........and the rest is history:D

the day after my second Pfizer shot I was laid out on the couch,felt like I'd been run over by a car, all I could do was watch re-runs of Sopranos/Breaking Bad/Ray Donovan and better Call Saul.

Day after I felt right as rain

I had my second Moderna shot on Saturday morning. By evening, like triumph406, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. Sunday I still felt very tired, kind of achy, not much apatite. Monday I felt mostly better, still a little tired, but OK otherwise. By Tuesday I was back to normal. I typically have a strong immune response to other vaccines I've received, so this kind of reaction wasn't a big surprise. Still glad I got it.

Had my second Astra Zenica jab a couple of weeks ago.

First jab I literally felt nothing at all either at the time or later. Second jab I felt it go in, and the cotton pad did have a bit of blood on it, and I was aware of it the next day, but pain - no that wasn't pain - I know what pain feels like !

I had the 2nd moderna jab a week ago, today. Saturday morning, my girlfriend woke me up in her normal manner, by turning off my ceiling fan, as without it I quickly overheat and get myself out of bed.

I looked at her and said "I think there's a problem. I'm cold." (I'm NEVER cold). Sure enough, I had a 100.8° fever and the chills. I took a couple ibuprofen and went back to sleep for an hour, and when I woke up, no more chills. I still had the fever, but I felt 100%.

The fever persisted all weekend, but I had no other effects aside from feeling like I'd been punched in the arm by Andre the Giant.

How many years have you been doing that? :)

You know how the old uns keep quiet about their age for a while and then suddenly you get the" if you knew how old I am you'd show a bit of respect" well he's well into the second one.
I remember when you could buy 20 fags,go to the flicks,have a fish and chip supper and still have change out of a sixpence is one of his favourite stories.

According to the CDC, I can now go maskless. Probably won't so I can avoid being harassed. My last Moderna was 2 weeks ago Thursday. After the second dose I had one sleepless night with head and muscle aches, The next day they all pretty much went away, since then I felt normal. Ok as normal as I normally can be normal. I hope the info helps some people.

On the flip side, I have an uncle, 82, intubated with COVIDon a ventilator in a small town in Hungary. He is getting blood thinners. Got unstoppable nose bleeds from it. They are trying to manage his circulation and breathing. Chances are he is not going to make it. He is my last living uncle, at this time, there is not much of a point to visit, he has not been awake for over a week. He refused to take the vaccine. I take one sleepless night and muscle pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back