Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    This caused me a serious face plant. What is this? Is this a plea for how you want to be treated because of your inexplicable blindness toward Trump, At one point one must say, OMG this person needs medical care. This not bullying, this is just pity for someone who can be this gullible. Would you like me to pity you for your undying loyalty to a loser? Or worse?
    You do understand public servants and the citizens they serve don’t you? My point is this that sometimes you have people like this and while you would perhaps burn her at the stake we on the other hand might just say listening to such things is part of the job.

She is essentially harmless and you all make light of her as if she is the Devil. Y’all seem to me to be likely candidates for tar and feathering such a person. Not many take her seriously as people would take yalls extremes seriously either.

This woman believing this is sad I will admit yet there are a lot of sad things going on even on your side. I would hope that we should lighten up a little or a lot.

Don’t like it fine. So sue me.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vaccine is becoming a status thing here,especially with women.....oh -no....we'll wait and get the Pfizer vaccine.....some of the most awfully common people are getting the Astra Zenica one....its certainly not for us.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I never thought I'd live in a country where the Big Lie (and Big Swindle) was so loved by so many.

I've mentioned before that there's no better way to destroy a country than to undermine it from the inside - perhaps the Lie Lovers should think about that? Why hitch your wagon to a proven liar and fraudster?
    "destroy a country....undermine it from the inside"

Democrats took care of that years ago. Any Dem run city now a place to flee from by those who are able.

No jobs, shitty schools, crime, homeless masses, and decaying infrastructure courtesy of Democrats.

America's great cities now shitholes courtesy of Democrat rule.

4. Likes Joe Miranda, DrHook, Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    America's great cities now shitholes courtesy of Democrat rule.
    When the whole country is undermined by national "leadership" under the republicans, the underserved tend to congregate in cities to survive. Nice of you to point out how failures at the very top have stressed cities to the breaking point, but now that we have a non-criminal President we can hope these failures are addressed.

So many sheep that just wanted to be sheared, then further rendered by the great deceiver...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the whole country is undermined by national "leadership" under the republicans, the underserved tend to congregate in cities to survive. Nice of you to point out how failures at the very top have stressed cities to the breaking point, but now that we have a non-criminal President we can hope these failures are addressed.

So many sheep that just wanted to be sheared, then further rendered by the great deceiver...
    Yes and what I see the Democrats doing is returning to past failures and repeating what failed miserably. The green jobs by the millions with Solar panels and so on remember Solandra? Remember also giving money at the source of the great majority of immigrants from three countries. They are following the same proven failures which they did in the past. They do not even present a new con for us they just use the old one because it allows in cheap labor which is their way of effecting the economy and that is the one where America accelerates to the crash at the bottom. I have seen y’all argue both ways Make America Great again vs build back better it is a sham of words nothing more.

It seems we need the population as birth rates are low.

I wonder why looking at the past 40 years.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You do understand public servants and the citizens they serve don’t you? My point is this that sometimes you have people like this and while you would perhaps burn her at the stake we on the other hand might just say listening to such things is part of the job.

She is essentially harmless and you all make light of her as if she is the Devil. Y’all seem to me to be likely candidates for tar and feathering such a person. Not many take her seriously as people would take yalls extremes seriously either.

This woman believing this is sad I will admit yet there are a lot of sad things going on even on your side. I would hope that we should lighten up a little or a lot.

Don’t like it fine. So sue me.
    I respectfully disagree, And I mean it sincerely. You cannot elevate people by giving them a platform to spread misinformation without paying a societal cost. This person comes on a panel with perceived authority hiding behind her qualifications and spewing stuff that 2 minutes of searching can disprove. You cannot just feel sorry for her, you need to deal with it as a serious mental issue. And while I agree that listening to her is part of the legislator's job, they also have a responsibility to the public to verify such statements. They asked for no proof, none of them pushed back or asked questions. Asking questions is not tar and feather for her, it is the legislator's duty. If any kook can just ask stupid questions to make it part of the record then the Q people come along and use it as proof. It is like arguing with a flat-earther, if your goal is to convince them you have failed before you open your mouth, If your goal is to keep the "skeptics" off the loony bin, you have a shot.

As a country, we no longer have one common source of information, we are like a bunch of blind people describing an elephant. We are told by every pundit not to trust the other pundit, and not given tools to decipher the truth from all the noise. I do not particularly like arguing with people, contrary to what you may draw from my posts. And I believe, maybe wrongly that I am consuming information from diverse sources, including the ones that do not fit my worldview, just to make sure my worldview is still valid. It never seems to amaze me how many people will stick to misinformation just to get back to their comfort zone. Ya know if you wear sweat pants every day and one day you do not fit in your tux, it is time to go on a diet.

8. Likes Milland, dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes and what I see the Democrats doing is returning to past failures and repeating what failed miserably. The green jobs by the millions with Solar panels and so on remember Solandra? Remember also giving money at the source of the great majority of immigrants from three countries. They are following the same proven failures which they did in the past. They do not even present a new con for us they just use the old one because it allows in cheap labor which is their way of effecting the economy and that is the one where America accelerates to the crash at the bottom. I have seen y’all argue both ways Make America Great again vs build back better it is a sham of words nothing more.

Do you ever ask yourself why is that? Maybe there is a simple answer. Maybe because the same people buying the same politicians to accomplish the same goals. Have you noticed none of the popular things ever go through congress, just because it is not in the interest of the donor class? To restore democracy is to restore the voting right for all, it is to restore full representation without undue influence. We arrived at the precipice of the current system, something has to change, either democracy widens or we become just another kleptocracy. The guardrails of 240 years can hold no longer, ya'll have to choose wisely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We arrived at the precipice of the current system, something has to change, either democracy widens or we become just another kleptocracy. The guardrails of 240 years can hold no longer, ya'll have to choose wisely.
    Ben's wisdom shines through down the years, but needs a little updating:

Quote by Benjamin Franklin: “When the people find that they can vote themsel...”

Now should be: "When the Ultra-rich and Powerful can buy their legislators, that will herald the end of the republic".

11. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I respectfully disagree, And I mean it sincerely. You cannot elevate people by giving them a platform to spread misinformation without paying a societal cost. This person comes on a panel with perceived authority hiding behind her qualifications and spewing stuff that 2 minutes of searching can disprove. You cannot just feel sorry for her, you need to deal with it as a serious mental issue. And while I agree that listening to her is part of the legislator's job, they also have a responsibility to the public to verify such statements. They asked for no proof, none of them pushed back or asked questions. Asking questions is not tar and feather for her, it is the legislator's duty. If any kook can just ask stupid questions to make it part of the record then the Q people come along and use it as proof. It is like arguing with a flat-earther, if your goal is to convince them you have failed before you open your mouth, If your goal is to keep the "skeptics" off the loony bin, you have a shot.
    Sometimes this moves so fast I am not sure who we are talking about. If it is the magnet doctor speaking against vaccines, I am not sure if asking her questions would not have given here some credibility. I think I would have shook my head and said "is there someone else that has something to say that is not garbage?"

I am in a fire department were the average age of the members is around 60 with a bunch of us near 70 or older. They kid us when we are helping other departments about letting us out of the old folks home while bingo is going on or "when do you have to be back for supper?"

If I had one question for the doctor it would have been "How often do the let you out of the loony farm?" Or "how come all my machinist friends that are vaccinated are not covered in chips?" Maybe they do not have any machinist friends. Maybe that is part of their problem.

13. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SolYndra had millions of employees? Who knew? I must have missed it of fox noise.

"Remember also giving money at the source of the great majority of immigrants from three countries." No, I don't remember that. Please show a credible source for your fantasy story or you are lying again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Sometimes this moves so fast I am not sure who we are talking about. If it is the magnet doctor speaking against vaccines, I am not sure if asking her questions would not have given here some credibility. I think I would have shook my head and said "is there someone else that has something to say that is not garbage?"

I am in a fire department were the average age of the members is around 60 with a bunch of us near 70 or older. They kid us when we are helping other departments about letting us out of the old folks home while bingo is going on or "when do you have to be back for supper?"

If I had one question for the doctor it would have been "How often do the let you out of the loony farm?" Or "how come all my machinist friends that are vaccinated are not covered in chips?" Maybe they do not have any machinist friends. Maybe that is part of their problem.
    "I am in a fire department were the average age of the members is around 60 with a bunch of us near 70 or older"

Considering your age and most probably typical health issues your only putting others in risk by being involved.

Not unheard of for fire fighters to get injured or die coming to the aid of their fellow emergency responders.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As a country, we no longer have one common source of information, we are like a bunch of blind people describing an elephant. We are told by every pundit not to trust the other pundit, and not given tools to decipher the truth from all the noise. I do not particularly like arguing with people, contrary to what you may draw from my posts. And I believe, maybe wrongly that I am consuming information from diverse sources, including the ones that do not fit my worldview, just to make sure my worldview is still valid. It never seems to amaze me how many people will stick to misinformation just to get back to their comfort zone. Ya know if you wear sweat pants every day and one day you do not fit in your tux, it is time to go on a diet.
    Do you have a reasonable perception of what it means to be a public servant and our duty as Americans? I think everything you just wrote can be changed to be directed at all of you equally. I brought up the obvious and underlined the issue in such a manner.

The quicker we can break through and listen to various points of view the better. If anyone is incapable of listening to differing view then when they use their power to push ahead they stir deep resentment and build complete alienation to such a level that in many cases in the past it broke down into violence and revolution most often destroying a exceptional achievement in the process.

I am talking about us -Americans love of country. The sooner everyone can find some gratitude for her the better life will be for everyone rather than becoming embroiled in a standoff.

I mention this because it is the damn truth. Cant get along well someone else comes by and burns the whole thing down. That will bring harsh actions which have been seen in the past that you do not want to see. That is regardless of who the hell has power to keep it they will see that it is held at all costs.

Your snippet is more a example of how you all conduct business. Everyone sees the patient professionalism of the public servant here and the belief of this woman. This kind of thing regularly occurs at city counsel meetings for all to see.

As much as the city council would like to lock characters up for disrupting things fact is there are not enough facilities to even take care of any that are bonkers much less a mind which sadly has been taken advantage of and manipulated. I know this strikes a chord in you , maybe it does not and really it makes a difference yet it is a major issue which is beyond my ability to change. I leave that to God and many of you have a damn problem with that!

If you were a city councilman you would break under the pressure of hearing all sides. They are good public servants generally as most Americans always are unless their minds are entrapped by misleading mind manipulation. Many things require astute observations and common sense. Disregarding issues discussed here on vaccinations and mask wearing are just insane . Many are losing their jobs over concerns and they are demonized for it.lighten the heck up.

Stop living in the past the dang election is for all purposes over. Time to settle the damn divide

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"I am in a fire department were the average age of the members is around 60 with a bunch of us near 70 or older"

Considering your age and most probably typical health issues your only putting others in risk by being involved.

Not unheard of for fire fighters to get injured or die coming to the aid of their fellow emergency responders.
    Volunteer firemen here are mostly farmers and ranchers and in surprisingly good health. Mostly a wildfire department, we will spray water on the outside of a house fire till another department gets here (does not happen often). We have no gear for going into a burning building. We show up en mass on wildfires in neighboring areas and they are always glad to see us then. The kidding starts after the fire is out.
    Being sort of a first responder is why I could get vaccinated before every one else here.

Oh, we did have a member that had a stroke and died. He was about 85 and had been on an air life helicopter landing about 2 months before he died.
    Last edited by FredC; 06-11-2021 at 04:59 PM.

18. Likes Scottl, Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you have a reasonable perception of what it means to be a public servant and our duty as Americans? I think everything you just wrote can be changed to be directed at all of you equally. I brought up the obvious and underlined the issue in such a manner.

The quicker we can break through and listen to various points of view the better. If anyone is incapable of listening to differing view then when they use their power to push ahead they stir deep resentment and build complete alienation to such a level that in many cases in the past it broke down into violence and revolution most often destroying a exceptional achievement in the process.

I am talking about us -Americans love of country. The sooner everyone can find some gratitude for her the better life will be for everyone rather than becoming embroiled in a standoff.

I mention this because it is the damn truth. Cant get along well someone else comes by and burns the whole thing down. That will bring harsh actions which have been seen in the past that you do not want to see. That is regardless of who the hell has power to keep it they will see that it is held at all costs.

Your snippet is more a example of how you all conduct business. Everyone sees the patient professionalism of the public servant here and the belief of this woman. This kind of thing regularly occurs at city counsel meetings for all to see.

As much as the city council would like to lock characters up for disrupting things fact is there are not enough facilities to even take care of any that are bonkers much less a mind which sadly has been taken advantage of and manipulated. I know this strikes a chord in you , maybe it does not and really it makes a difference yet it is a major issue which is beyond my ability to change. I leave that to God and many of you have a damn problem with that!

If you were a city councilman you would break under the pressure of hearing all sides. They are good public servants generally as most Americans always are unless their minds are entrapped by misleading mind manipulation. Many things require astute observations and common sense. Disregarding issues discussed here on vaccinations and mask wearing are just insane . Many are losing their jobs over concerns and they are demonized for it.lighten the heck up.

Stop living in the past the dang election is for all purposes over. Time to settle the damn divide
    Sorry, you cannot "both side" this. There is the truth and there are lies and lunacy, pick one. There is nothing more un-American than storm the Capitol and use lies to incite it.

20. Likes Big B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never thought I'd live in a country where the Big Lie (and Big Swindle) was so loved by so many.

I've mentioned before that there's no better way to destroy a country than to undermine it from the inside - perhaps the Lie Lovers should think about that? Why hitch your wagon to a proven liar and fraudster?
    SERIOUSLY?

You must have been asleep much of the last 40 years because the big lie and the big swindle are an integral part of the swamp practiced by BOTH parties.

And as for undermining a country from within you leftists have been doing it since at least the 1960s with your anti-police and anti-establishment rhetoric. Funny thing how that anti-establishment rhetoric not only faded away once YOUR kind became the establishment but now questioning authority is portrayed as sedition - EXCEPT when your kind did it to Nixon, Reagan, Bush, and eventually Trump.

Sorry, you cannot "both side" this. There is the truth and there are lies and lunacy, pick one. There is nothing more un-American than storm the Capitol and use lies to incite it.
    Ok, I'll pick one. We are the truth and your side are lies and lunacy. As I've said before, progressivism is just mental illness organized as a political movement, although with a quite sane clique at the top controlling it for a definite purpose, which is the replacement of western representative democracy and values with "a new order".

22. Likes standardparts, D.Minnich liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you ever ask yourself why is that? Maybe there is a simple answer. Maybe because the same people buying the same politicians to accomplish the same goals. Have you noticed none of the popular things ever go through congress, just because it is not in the interest of the donor class? To restore democracy is to restore the voting right for all, it is to restore full representation without undue influence. We arrived at the precipice of the current system, something has to change, either democracy widens or we become just another kleptocracy. The guardrails of 240 years can hold no longer, ya'll have to choose wisely.
    The Nation is split. That's a fact. Torn between the way, for better or worse, how things were in the past, and now which direction change will move us in the future.

Liberal Democrats feel the Nation requires a radical makeover. They won and it's their game from now on.

Since Democrats have a President in the White House who has some legal authority to sign and authorize change, and a majority in Congress and Senate to push legislation and budget forward to pay for that change, I guess all one can do is prepare to deal with change.

For many of us all I can say is leave us the fuck alone. Tell us all you want about "orange man bad" and he's a liar and a crook but at least look at some of the buffoons and social rejects your side has. For cripes sake CNNs to legal guy was allegedly jacking off while doing a live zoom conference and now CNN celebrates his return. I'm sure each side can offer the same in perversion so at least accept the fact the crooks and jag offs exist no matter what political ideology.

So anyway...going to be a whole knew game at this point and I'll make changes that best suit my family and myself as that is where my prime responsibility is.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

... Make America Great again vs build back better it is a sham of words nothing more.
    Blind squirrel finds nut .... both of them are a con. Until Congress fixes the tax code, the underlying reality which creates this kleptocracy, it's all a blizzard of words and handouts, signifying nothing.

The country has a cancer so the political parties argue over whether to apply a mustard plaster or wear a copper bracelet. Yeah, that'll work, for sure for sure.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting if true

According to a Zero-hedge article, which I am not familiar with so I don't know if their credibility is above a buzzfeed or not, but they claim that a high level Chinese defector is working with the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) and has "Direct Knowledge" of China's bio-weapons' program & that the level of confidence in the defectors information is what has led to a sudden crisis of confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci.
    It goes on to say that USAMRIID personnel has supposedly corroborated very technical details provided by this defector.

USAMRIID - U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah. Probably better to just let buildings burn than to take a chance at someone getting hurt. You are just full of great ideas. Maybe you should run against trump next time. I think you have the kind of stupid ideas that trump cult members live for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're giving PeteM a pretty good run for his money regarding long posts with this post.

As to getting along with those that I disagree with, when they stop believing in lies over what they see and hear with their own eyes and ears I'll stop beating up on them. But when I see you and others defending the quack doctor that says that the Covid vaccine will make you magnetic you lose all credibility. Sure the lady has a right to say anything she wants. But why do republican lawmakers bring this kind of nut case in to testify about something as serious as the virus? She should be telling this crap to her fellow patients in a mental institution..