What's new
What's new

Anti-business California

L Webb

Titanium
The state of California is doing it's best to drive business out of this state.
They have nearly doubled the cost of our workers comp insurance. They said it wasn't because of claims. We've had 1 injured finger in the last 5 years maybe. They also tried to drop our experience multiplier which lowers our rate. They said "oops must have been a mistake". They wouldn't tell us if we can still apply it.
They also included a letter advising us that they are in the process of calculating whether or not to increase rates due to the risk of possible terrorist acts. Yeah, I worry every day that someone will hijack a plane and fly it into our building.
The state is also working on a new tax to hit the gross profits of most manufacturing companies.
Of course we got hit with a liability insurance increase of 10 percent also. I don't think we have ever filed a claim with them on that.
mad.gif

What is happening along these lines in other states?
Les

Yeah, that sort of BS drove Tapmatic out of CA a few years ago. I'm amazed Haas is still hanging in there.

Hi Les;

Our Illinois state governor unvailed his new budget. Business taxes will increase but did not say how.

Fishing and hunting Licensing will remain the same. At least it won't cost any more to wash my fishing lures or sit my duck blind and watch the sun rise.

The thing that gets me is insurance rates. Last year my homeowners was $310 and this year $460 through State Farm. And they didn't know about my shop. I changed companies and they included my shop for $309/yr.

My Son-in-Law brushed against a parked car with his trailer while helping a friend move.
Damages were $2000. He paid the damages himself rather than use his insurance. He was fearful the insurance co. would drop him.
Jim

I like that one Jim, washing your lures. I'll have to remember that one next time someone asks how the fishing is.
Gov. Lowbeam here in this state is trying to make up his 30 billion dollar deficit without cutting spending. He wants to triple our vehicle license fees which are already too high. That means it will cost nearly $300 a year for the old 1987 Ranger I use for hauling auction junk and shop errands.
He should have just let the lights go out for a few days instead of bending over for the power companies on those future contracts.
Les

Back