What's new
What's new

Anyone else in plastics? Hows business?

JonBohlander

Plastic
Just curious if the whole industry is having hard times. Business has been bad for a while but the decisions management has been making lately seem as if they are scared to death and grabbing at straws. I'm starting to wonder if I should work on my resume.

Also we were recently bought by Goldman-Sacs. They were the second to last company to own Bridgeport and we all know how well that turned out.

Thanks, Jon

Hi Jon and welcome to the board. The only way I have to gauge how well the plastics industry is doing out west here is by the auction notices.
I have not seen many plastics outfits listed in the auctions. The bulk of the listings right now are CNC machine shops and fabrication shops, many of those being CNC also.
All that may change however as that A-Hole Gov. Gray Davis is preparing to hit us with a ton of new taxes and fees.
mad.gif

My biggest concern is keeping us out of the auction notices.
wink.gif

Les

We are in plastic extrusion and are quite busy. Mostly nitch market stuff. Sometimes we run as little as 100lb on a job, never more than 5,000lb.

Been lucky to be able to take advantage of the slow machine tool market to buy some new toys.

Good day, Bob

The plastics industry in the S.C. area is struggling. I own a small mold shop and the majority of injection molding houses have shut down or are struggling. Some houses are still very busy. I had to cut a long term customer loose just last week due to his lack of ability to pay his bills.

Back