Apple iphone and Tiny Screw problem - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its actually a cheese head shoulder torx drive machine screw. With a black finish. Its not a flat head, or a round head, or a pan head, or a button head.

Pictures here.
    Apple's turn of the screw | Philip Elmer‑DeWitt

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    The New York Times? One of those newspapers that only tells one side of the story, and they are biased to the far left. Pretty sure that article isn't telling the complete truth if any of it.
    My guess is that you know less about journalism than the average NYT reporter knows about machining.

3. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did the screws involve outside services such as grinding or plating? How many twenty man shops were contacted? This sounds as if Apple Inc. is making excuses for its own internal management shortcomings.

5. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stargrit View Post
    Did the screws involve outside services such as grinding or plating? How many twenty man shops were contacted? This sounds as if Apple Inc. is making excuses for its own internal management shortcomings.
    I imagine Apple, as do most of the large companies, have a list of approved suppliers they contact and use. If you aren’t on the list then either get on it or forget it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4 Dualkit
    "The New York Times? One of those newspapers that only tells one side of the story, and they are biased to the far left.
    Pretty sure that article isn't telling the complete truth if any of it."

Correct, The Gray Lady spent most of the 1930s lying about mass murder in its beloved USSR.

But that is OK because they issued a sort of apology several decades later.

Busy today at PM, I could not log on earlier because the site had reached maximum user limit. I have not experienced this before.

Apple, just another multi-national with its only allegiance being to the dollar. Second rate products at eye watering prices, with policies designed to fleece their North American customers.

Sent from my super five year old LG purchased second hand for 8% of the price of a new Apple phone.

God bless the USA and Canada.
    God bless Saint Donald Trump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    #4 Dualkit
    "The New York Times? One of those newspapers that only tells one side of the story, and they are biased to the far left.
    Pretty sure that article isn't telling the complete truth if any of it."

Correct, The Gray Lady spent most of the 1930s lying about mass murder in its beloved USSR.

But that is OK because they issued a sort of apology several decades later.

Busy today at PM, I could not log on earlier because the site had reached maximum user limit. I have not experienced this before.

Apple, just another multi-national with its only allegiance being to the dollar. Second rate products at eye watering prices, with policies designed to fleece their North American customers.

Sent from my super five year old LG purchased second hand for 8% of the price of a new Apple phone.

God bless the USA and Canada.
    God bless Saint Donald Trump.
    Yeah

so some reporter who died 60 years ago lied 80 years ago, so whatever fantasy pops into your head is more trustworthy than The New York Times

or maybe they tell the truth about Volcanos and stock prices but anything about trumpski or Brexit is an obvious fabrication

By the way, no one has disputed the truth of the article, so I don't know what a couple of brexiteers conspiracy theories about the NYT have to do with anything

Apple is a public corporation, what exactly is their motivation supposed to be?

As I mentioned in my previous on topic post, Apple made a poor purchasing decision, rather a boring story really

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stargrit View Post
    Apple also spoke to a major newspaper and went into detail over this issue. Given PR motivations in this world of mass media manipulation is it not true that we always have to avoid many things presented to us?

There is a lot of things we read and watch that later it did not prove completely true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    Apple also spoke to a major newspaper and went into detail over this issue. Given PR motivations in this world of mass media manipulation is it not true that we always have to avoid many things presented to us?

There is a lot of things we read and watch that later it did not prove completely true.
    I think I agree, but I am having a little difficulty with that second sentence..........

I think most on this forum blasted right through the spin layered with editorial bias and got to the various actual [manufacturing] issues at the heart of it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    I think I agree, but I am having a little difficulty with that second sentence..........

I think most on this forum blasted right through the spin layered with editorial bias and got to the various actual [manufacturing] issues at the heart of it.
    At the end of the day the forum always comes through. As a whole we really do get it. Just like a business with the resource and knowledge along with experience we all can set aside differences and find solutions. Solutions involve sacrifice and compromise moreoften than not. In real life we best not accept deadlock or we will fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I imagine Apple, as do most of the large companies, have a list of approved suppliers they contact and use. If you aren’t on the list then either get on it or forget it.
    Not really.
    In my experience they are very flexible and open to new sourcing and will bend over backwards to help you get on this approved PO list.
    I can only speak for mine, perhaps your experience has been different.
    Bob

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the Apple I phone comes with a big screw too........for the buyer.