Arsenal Democracy, how will it affect manufacturing? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    We could have used this to discuss how you all gear up to producing things under the war powers act. Instead, this is again a pissing contest to prove one right or wrong because we are not operating on a common set of facts.

dee
    ;-D
    This thread wasn't started about producing anything, but rather as a venue for you to to vent and virtue signal how much you hate Trump, starting at post #1---your first word was "Trump" and ended with regurgitated MSM drivel.

My work was deemed non-essential, so I am out of the big game for a bit. I've been making shiny motorcycle parts and go-kart parts in my home shop.

2. Likes Scottl, Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    My work was deemed non-essential, so I am out of the big game for a bit. I've been making shiny motorcycle parts and go-kart parts in my home shop.
    Forget the politics... Post pics!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump signed the order for Wartime Production but has not acted on it. It does not look like there is a single agency that is assigned to managing production resources to produce necessary medical supplies and equipment locally. What is coming out of the WH is jaw flapping, why there are no orders to GE to stop any other orders and start making ventilators for the US market only, use any and all facilities to manufacture the parts in the US realign the supply chains? Tell 3M and Gore and Dupont to wramp up PPE production, order all distilleries to start brewing sanitizers, there are many things the feds can order industry under the law. WTF happened to America First? If a US manufacturer can still fulfill orders for ventilators for China, that ain't America first, that is profits first. In WW2 ford retooled to make bombers in a matter of days, GM tanks, etc. how difficult is it to change from fabric to masks, from tires to gloves? This country needs to come-together.,

Also, Trump needs to get off the podium, he can not stop lying.

dee
    ;-D
    At 3-20 it may have seemed that way, but now it seems his plan is working..who gave all the production of stuff to chins in the first place..seems after this is over we(USA) may be making some of our own stuff.

Why did hospitals not have storehouses full of ventilator, masks and all that needed stuff. I guess nobody ordered them to spent their money that way..Perhaps the government could have made a law to be ready for another 1918.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Why did hospitals not have storehouses full of ventilator, masks and all that needed stuff. I guess nobody ordered them to spent their money that way..Perhaps the government could have made a law to be ready for another 1918.
    Problem is, then someone like dcsipo would have raised cain about gov'ment spending.....

6. Likes Scottl, digger doug, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...Why did hospitals not have storehouses full of ventilator, masks and all that needed stuff. I guess nobody ordered them to spent their money that way..Perhaps the government could have made a law to be ready for another 1918.
    This is a valid point. The primary responsibility for preventing infectious disease belongs to the Federal Gov't (CDC). The big tool in that box is containment- try to prevent it from coming in to begin with. When that fails, you go to mitigation, which we are doing now.

The primary responsibility for delivering health care to it's citizens belongs to each State. It is the States who regulate hospitals, operate State labs, regulate commercial labs, and are supposed to maintain stockpiles for emergencies.

Everything in health care is subject to so-called "CON laws". Certificate of Need. When a hospital system wants to expand, they have to get permission from the State. They have to show that the expansion is "necessary". IOW, The number of beds and ventilators in any State is determined by the State Gov't's.

Hospital systems do stockpile their own needs to some extent. They like to have a 30-day supply of PPE. That protects them from a minor disruption in supply, but it doesn't carry them in a situation like this one.

So now it's all on the Federal Gov't to provide medical supplies and get them to where they are needed, the States are totally disorganized. What happened to their pandemic response plans?

8. Likes dcsipo, mhajicek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    This thread wasn't started about producing anything, but rather as a venue for you to to vent and virtue signal how much you hate Trump, starting at post #1---your first word was "Trump" and ended with regurgitated MSM drivel.
    Absolutely. And just this morning it was reported that Trump invoked the act to get 3M to stop shipping much needed at home masks to overseas customers. The left wants it both ways. They want this "pandemic" to be a crisis for Trump and then when he takes steps to mitigate it they sabotage and whine.

dcsipo_arsenaldemocracy.jpg

The ball is on your side of the court, dcsipo. Now that he has done what you asked for by using the act let's see what kind of creative spin you can put on it to make it a negative.

The left has repeatedly criticized Trump for not shutting down the whole country. Had he fallen into that trap and done so they would have immediately labelled him a power mad tyrant and demanded his removal. Instead, he wisely left it up to state governors and it's on THEIR heads if citizens later feel they over-reacted and imposed un-Constitutional and unnecessary restrictions that ruined the economic prospects of some citizens while leaving others exempt.

10. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Because previous modern influenza pandemics had never strained resources the way media-stoked hysteria has with this virus. The widespread testing of people without symptoms has consumed large numbers of personnel and supplies and panic-stricken people with relatively mild symptoms are flooding hospitals in order to "get a bed while they are still available".

This is a panicdemic and just reading some of the posts on PM shows it. People are afraid to go out of their houses without "suiting up" like ER personnel. Without the fear and hysteria most coronavirus patients would recover at home the same as they would with flu. Instead, many are running to the hospital and straining resources. There's also a lot of false information being put out by people who seem to have an agenda.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting article about Ford and it's problem meeting production expectations due to reliance and Ford's insistence on using off shore supply chain.

Article relates to Michigan and the network of suppliers.

"industry insiders say there are at least 2,000 small to medium-sized American manufacturers that have the capacity to aid in the Ford-GE Healthcare venture. These manufacturers say they have not been contacted, though they can readily supply materials."

"Some of these manufacturers include Brown Jig Grinding Company out of Wixom, Michigan; Leading Edge Cutting Solutions out of Waterford Township, Michigan; and SK International out of Farmington Hills, Michigan."

Link is to Breitbart--- but posting the link as maybe some here know of some of the suppliers in Michigan mentioned in the article.

Supply Shortage Sourced from China Plagues Ford's Ventilator Production

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Link is to Breitbart--- but posting the link as maybe some here know of some of the suppliers in Michigan mentioned in the article.
    Charter a plane, China is working fine. Even Wuhan is halfway back to work, after this weekend's holiday should be making all the normal stuff. Only took a month, if you got off your fat ass and dealt with it.

That's because the governments here took this seriously. Send over a C5 if you like. China has happily been shipping equipment to other places that helped China during the worst time, so tell that assbreath orange haired ignorant son of a bitch to shut his flapping mouth and China will be happy to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Scottl;3521028]Absolutely. And just this morning it was reported that Trump invoked the act to get 3M to stop shipping much needed at home masks to overseas customers. The left wants it both ways. They want this "pandemic" to be a crisis for Trump and then when he takes steps to mitigate it they sabotage and whine.

The ball is on your side of the court, dcsipo. Now that he has done what you asked for by using the act let's see what kind of creative spin you can put on it to make it a negative.

The left has repeatedly criticized Trump for not shutting down the whole country. Had he fallen into that trap and done so they would have immediately labelled him a power mad tyrant and demanded his removal. Instead, he wisely left it up to state governors and it's on THEIR heads if citizens later feel they over-reacted and imposed un-Constitutional and unnecessary restrictions that ruined the economic prospects of some citizens while leaving others exempt.[/QUOTE

I find it interesting that many of those crying for the Feds to do more are usually from states that are self declared sanctuary states and or cities.

I understand the need during extreme situations to use the War Power Act but consider that the House of Represenatives has not declared war and yet are screaming that Trump needs to use it.

I see this as a dangerous precedent no matter who or what party is in power. Not saying the circumstances don't warrant its use but it I find it very concerning that we are so willing to abandon the constitutional authority for the sake of a little bit of false security.

Rhetorical question,"Are those calling for turning the crisis over to the Feds also willing to forgo any claims to declaring any cities or states sanctuary regions and or forgo any extended rights to drafting any special gun laws beyond what the Federal Government declares as law?"

15. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    Rhetorical question,"Are those calling for turning the crisis over to the Feds also willing to forgo any claims to declaring any cities or states sanctuary regions and or forgo any extended rights to drafting any special gun laws beyond what the Federal Government declares as law?"
    BadaBOOM! Not so rhetorical at all. At the end of this a great many of the powers heretofore "reserved to the States respectively, and to the People" per the much-ignored 10th Amendment, will have been de facto ceded to the federal government. I'm OK with the feds nullifying Scat Francisco's assumed authority, but if that federal government should ever become a leftist one, say goodbye to what's left of the republic. But, fuck it, I'll be dead by then.

17. Likes MikeS-54 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    The left has repeatedly criticized Trump for not shutting down the whole country. Had he fallen into that trap and done so they would have immediately labelled him a power mad tyrant and demanded his removal. Instead, he wisely left it up to state governors and it's on THEIR heads if citizens later feel they over-reacted and imposed un-Constitutional and unnecessary restrictions that ruined the economic prospects of some citizens while leaving others exempt.
    Even if Trump would miraculously eliminate COVID-19 and boost the US economy to record highs the left would call him a powerhungry dictator and a racist (the poor Chinese; let's send 'em a handout).

If'n he didn't he'd be called a moron of a leader.......

Just sayin'.

19. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Absolutely. And just this morning it was reported that Trump invoked the act to get 3M to stop shipping much needed at home masks to overseas customers. The left wants it both ways. They want this "pandemic" to be a crisis for Trump and then when he takes steps to mitigate it they sabotage and whine.

let's see if he can stay on track to save lives. One snowflake makes no ski season

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Even if Trump would miraculously eliminate COVID-19 and boost the US economy to record highs the left would call him a powerhungry dictator and a racist (the poor Chinese; let's send 'em a handout).

If'n he didn't he'd be called a moron of a leader.......

Just sayin'.
    His past actions still show massive incompetence and corruption. He has a very long way to redemption.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

His past actions still show massive incompetence and corruption. He has a very long way to redemption.
    By incompetence I assume you mean the crappy server that was hacked by foreign governments and by corruption you mean the pay-for-play as Secretary of State?

God help us all if that creature were running things instead!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By incompetence I assume you mean the crappy server that was hacked by foreign governments and by corruption you mean the pay-for-play as Secretary of State?

Get'm Scott!

I have __not_yet___ seen a good alternative Dem either.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Get'm Scott!

I have __not_yet___ seen a good alternative Dem either.........
    Current speculation is that Gov. Cuomo is being given so much airtime because they are considering him as the plug-in candidate at a brokered teleconvention. That "folksy" appearance with his brother was as close to a campaign commercial as "news" can get.

25. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hacked ?...or Payment of "speaking fees" get's you "access" to the server ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

competence my ass

wartime president fuck off.

dee
    ;-D

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the democrats who said it was no big deal are now suddenly experts in logistics, manufacturing, epidemiology, manufacturing vaccines, and making medical equipment. All day everyday you people whine and complain about ANYTHING. The glee you people announce each death and misery is astounding.
    Go back to DailyKos.

29. Likes jancollc, digger doug liked this post