What's new
What's new

Benefits of globalization?

Because so many global automakers operate in China, the Chinese can leverage this competition and look for the best partners. So if one company will not share its technology, they can look for a partner that will.
Means: they want do deal with companies that will give them the technology, so they can eventually kick them out.

Hugh

Huge benefits if your name is sam palmisano.
You can lay off a hundred thousand US workers
and hire their "lean" replacements in bangalore.

Jim

Translation: America and Europe give me your technology so I can go directly to manufacting the product and screw you over. Globalization is the importation of poverty.

I saw this funny bit on tv last night, I think it was WBZ. It was about counterfeit products coming from china. They said " if the price is too good to be true its probably counterfeit ", the price on everything from china is too good to be true, even on stuff that isn't "counterfeit" and its junk. It's like they were saying there's a different between the quality of the cheap Chinese junk, and the counterfeited by Chinese junk. Then they went on to say that they're working with china to make sure they crack down on those shops that make counterfeits. WTF again, china has been copying everything they've ever been able to get their hands on, for what, a hundred years now?. Everything at the dollar store is counterfeit.

They should make a tv show called " how to properly pick your imported junk "

Future ain't looking so good.

Here's a good one, "technology leakage". It's more like a hemorage.

The scariest 'technology leakage' is all the high-tech weaponry tech they have obtained; by spying at Los Alamos, and other places, and by buying it from Israel, that Israel got from the USA.

Did you hear that Alan Greenspan said that Chinese stocks are way overvalued, and a major correction in unavoidable? Better sell your Chinese stock while you can. Seems that every one in China is buying stock. All the 'middle class' in China. An interesting tidbit that I read yesterday was that when the Chinese market crashes, the Chinese government may have to give some of their cash reserve to the stock holders, to prevent civil unrest. An interesting possibility.

"Translation: America and Europe give me your technology so I can go directly to manufacting the product and screw you over. Globalization is the importation of poverty."

Bullseye!

Job exportation a benefit??
Of course

Your job is exported, you claim benefits (or welfare as I believe its known over there ;) )

Dont forget many rich people think money is evil, and therefore out of their own selfless nature, try to protect the rest of the population from it's evil influence by collecting as much money as they can themselves regardless of personal risk*

Boris

* I have another theory, but its even crazier than that one :D

Back