What's new
What's new

Better Metal

I would be curious if this process would lend itself to new alloys of tool steels.

It's been decades since the revolutionary CPM alloys came on the scene, could this ramp up some new alloys to play with?

of course it's "viable" if US taxpayer subsidizes it as part of some progressive new green deal plan, so that few people can really cash in licensing the technology out.

Yup, my first thought was that somebody is gonna make a fortune off of the tax payers with this one.

Why don't these folks go convince the Chinese how great this idea is? I'm sure the'll love it. They make a lot of steel these days and I hear they are very concerned about being "green".:wrong:

Ok, so this uses more energy to make the steel right? Where is this extra energy to come from? More coal plants? So you end up in a wash? Maybe if we could get people over their irrational fear of nuclear power, maybe. Sounds more like another SOLAR FREAKING ROADWAYS! type scam to me.

Less CO2 into the air (how much less is not given in real hard data)
But it looks like an ecological nightmare soup, of left over other chemicals.

Making hooker chemical's "love canal" look like a drive-in theater lot.....:ack2:

In the real world:
The slag dump at Aliquippa (J&L steel mill) is being mined for making cement board.

Last edited:

Back