What's new
What's new

Biden fulfills a pledge to strengthen American Manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milland

Diamond
Executive orders: Biden will sign order aimed at strengthening American manufacturing - CNNPolitics

With this signing, among other requirements to Buy American, there's orders to facilitate dealings with small American manufacturers, which should be good news for us. And the USA.

Note that this is being done in the first week of the Biden administration. A similar "effort" by the previous one wasn't even formalized until their last couple days.

As ever, Repubs make a mess and Dems have to clean it up. See Covid-19 and international relations.

Someday we'll learn...

One big one that will hurt things is the stopping of the Keystone pipeline by biden....that cost a lot of jobs instantly from the building of it and lost investment money by the canadian government and others.
It will also hurt USA oil refineries that the oil was destined to go to in the immediate and longer term.

Biden executive order looks like its only government purchasing thats buying USA content...there are a lot of firms offshoring work that needs to come back as well.
I suppose its one big bad thing and a small good thing.

What was the rest of the pile he so quickly signed going to do? all the ones he's trying to undo, the ones trump put in place.

Is he going to repeal the business tax cuts next? or just plain add taxes elsewhere

At the moment i hear he is going to restrict countries access to USA anyone know about this and who is going to be affected? Not that flights are really going anywhere from over here anyway.
With all the restrictions here soon the airlines that where bailed out will need bailing out again...that could get interesting

Executive orders: Biden will sign order aimed at strengthening American manufacturing - CNNPolitics

With this signing, among other requirements to Buy American, there's orders to facilitate dealings with small American manufacturers, which should be good news for us. And the USA.

Note that this is being done in the first week of the Biden administration. A similar "effort" by the previous one wasn't even formalized until their last couple days.

As ever, Repubs make a mess and Dems have to clean it up. See Covid-19 and international relations.

Someday we'll learn...

We already have.

You are:

A) The most maliciously dishonest poster on PM

B) The least sane poster on PM.

C) The least intelligent poster on PM in not understanding how obvious the first two attributes have become.

Pick any three.

Annnnnd if you missed the questions his mouthpiece has fumbled, Quid-Pro-Beijing-Joe hasn't the least klew what he has signed, what it was intended to accomplish, nor even if it matters.

No fear. The "smartest man I know" got his precious bagels.

Wait and see. Quid-Pro-Beijing-Joe will screw up and deny he even did one or more of them.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to f**k things up!"

B.H.O. .... who would be the one best placed to know!

Until this week.

Now the whole world is being made aware of it.

We'll be lucky North Korea doesn't annex Alaska without President Silly-Putty's notice.

What's one more open border, anyway? Nobody said an open border had to be only in one place.

:(

Here is a link you should read more of the question to be asked who got the better deal? and who got the rough end of the stick.

Solomon Lew on Donald Trump'''s loss to Joe Biden

I'm not interested in what EITHER of DJT or Quid-Pro-Beijing-Joe or either one's "business partners" got out of anything.

I cannot spend it.

I'm only interested in what benefits - or disadvantages - American citizens.

Quid-Pro-Beijing-Joe has come out of the gate pro-China, pro-Iran, Anti-USA, Anti-Canada, Anti-UK, Anti-EU, Anti-fiscal responsibility....

Week ONE. America LAST! And he's being PAID to f**k up a nation?

WHY?

"Never underestimate joe's ability to f***k things up!"
B.H.O.

It now appears to be IMPOSSIBLE to OVER estimate "Joe's ability to f**k things up."

I could learn to appreciate even B.H.O. .... if only he had been louder, SOONER!

Someday we'll learn...

Taiwan and Japan most certainly have faith in Joe Biden.

One big one that will hurt things is the stopping of the Keystone pipeline by biden....that cost a lot of jobs instantly from the building of it and lost investment money by the canadian government and others.
It will also hurt USA oil refineries that the oil was destined to go to in the immediate and longer term.

3 years and they couldn't build 100 yards of pipe across the border? That is with Canadian government giving millions to the project. The southern portion of kxl is rarely open, because, well no sand oil and it leaks, alot. The original keystone is a notoriously leaky line also. The kxl is set up as a real-estate investment corporation not a midstream oil and gas corp. Weird taxes and investment scheme that promotes zero maintance and high return to early investors.

The kxl was never seriously intended to be built, and when forced to build the lower half by Obama transcanada did everything to try and get it stopped. Ended up with a leaking line. We can not even use the pipe from it to build billboards, because it fails structural test.

I work with people in oil and gas, and a few were tapped early on in the project, and all ran away from it within weeks of starting on it. That was in the engineering/procurement stage. No oil major backs it for a reason- even conoco which was oil san and north dakota bullish. Of the two refineries in the us that can process sand oil, neither is on the kxl. So, how many jobs did this stop? real numbers, not the fake tens of thousands, when transcada even stated to investors 50-75 total full time jobs from it. Never trust a private sector project that demands more from the governments than they are willing to poney up.

3 years and they couldn't build 100 yards of pipe across the border? That is with Canadian government giving millions to the project. The southern portion of kxl is rarely open, because, well no sand oil and it leaks, alot. The original keystone is a notoriously leaky line also. The kxl is set up as a real-estate investment corporation not a midstream oil and gas corp. Weird taxes and investment scheme that promotes zero maintance and high return to early investors.

The kxl was never seriously intended to be built, and when forced to build the lower half by Obama transcanada did everything to try and get it stopped. Ended up with a leaking line. We can not even use the pipe from it to build billboards, because it fails structural test.

I work with people in oil and gas, and a few were tapped early on in the project, and all ran away from it within weeks of starting on it. That was in the engineering/procurement stage. No oil major backs it for a reason- even conoco which was oil san and north dakota bullish. Of the two refineries in the us that can process sand oil, neither is on the kxl. So, how many jobs did this stop? real numbers, not the fake tens of thousands, when transcada even stated to investors 50-75 total full time jobs from it. Never trust a private sector project that demands more from the governments than they are willing to poney up.

IF what you said is so? BOTH of "bama and Trump should have been aware. And mayhap they WERE! But BOTH sought political gain.

IF what you said is so? BIDEN should have been aware. And mayhap he WAS!
But rather than share a REASON for it? He, too, sought political gain.

Or whomever was puppeteer on-duty in President Silly Putty's big day.

Heads? We are expected to fellate.

Tails? Blessed are they who receive.

Lybarger was the only genius in the equation. And the only honest man.
THIS .. is how Lybarger's Corrolary to Sod's Law applies.

All else being equal? You LOSE!

And Quid-Pro-Beijing-Joe f**ks-up again.

Everybody has to be good at SOMETHING!

Someday we'll learn...

Is it legal? I think you can not just award contracts based on Country of Origin. There was that issue during the Obama era. German refrained from issuing stimulus during that time. They did bid and were awarded contracts.

Give 'em credit. CCP tightened their chain? The Oz pushed BACK!

They are not the ones who just put a CCP slate of incompetent cannibals and senile hangars onto the asses of same ... into public office to f**k things up!

WE JUST DID THAT!

Two types of nations in this world.....Under the influence of the CCP...and...Soon to be under the influence of thee CCP.

Welcome to the party.

Two types of nations in this world.....Under the influence of the CCP...and...Soon to be under the influence of thee CCP.

Welcome to the party.

It's so sad that that right-wingers hate America. If they're not rioting in the Capitol or threatening to murder state governors, they're posting dumb things online.

Shocking. Or it would be, if we weren't so used to it by now.

Welcome to the party.

LOL!

Trying to control America is threatening to destroy the institutions of America.
The strong will survive. You know the ones. They were alive, not dead for years. They actually live. And even live where they voted.

CCP gets involved in trying to control a place like that?

It will be the very death of them!

Count on THAT much for butt-f***king a be-you-rock-rat-sea.

:D

Last edited:

there has been about 300KMs already built into the USA out of the 1900kms to connect it.

Is it legal? I think you can not just award contracts based on Country of Origin. There was that issue during the Obama era. German refrained from issuing stimulus during that time. They did bid and were awarded contracts.

There are a lot of contracts previously that only went to US or Canada back when I was doing DOD work 10 years ago, I doubt that changed.

It's so sad that that right-wingers hate America. If they're not rioting in the Capitol or threatening to murder state governors, they're posting dumb things online.

I suppose rioting is ok if it comes from the left in your eyes?

I suppose rioting is ok if it comes from the left in your eyes?

I suppose that having your fellow "insert class here" murdered without cause is fine?

No. Rioting isn't good. But maybe you'd agree that trying to overthrow American Democracy with a coup instigated by the previous president isn't good either?

There are a lot of contracts previously that only went to US or Canada back when I was doing DOD work 10 years ago, I doubt that changed.

If the opportunity is lucrative enough an offshore business simply buys a US based company. At least that's how the game used to be played. Lots of joint venture stuff under DOD. Blackhawks built in Poland F-35's I think in Turkey.

The U.S. content requirement is probably reviewed and rewritten by lobbyists anyway.

Hypocrite much? Where was the leftist outrage for Steve Scalise? He was shot by a man who hated Trump/Reps and worked on the Bernie Sanders campaign?

What would the leftist news look like if Pelosi or Schumer where shot by a Trump supporter in a targeted attack?

James Hodgkinson: Details on Steve Scalise Shooter Suspect | Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back