Biden unveils new plan to rebuild American Manufacturing ~ Is this possible ? - Page 25
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    One idea that has been floated is a Campaign Finance Bank. This would be at the US Treasury. When someone enters a political contest, they open an account.

ALL donations to a candidate go into this account. The donors are hidden from the candidate. He can see how much money he has, but he doesn't know where it came from.

I like that idea. Then pay a lot, $30MM a year say, but have a very high standard or ethics and behaviour else they lose it all.

It needs something to get some winners vying for the job, and there needs to be stronger alignment between whats good for the leader as an individual and whats good for the country (i.e. pay someone a lot and they are less susceptible to corruption, and they're going to come out of it rich, he's doesn't need to build the yellow brick road of his future while in office)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post

Sure hope the guy who called it a "bidon video" isn't losing it, what with making a typo and all.

Kind of interesting to me that Reagan, who pretty much slept through half his Cabinet meetings and actually had dementia, is considered one of the all-time greats by conservatives while Biden gets slammed for a lifetime of gaffes.

My take is that Biden, one of the rare people who overcame stuttering after his teen years, has the typical stutterer's stop-and-think response every time the thinks he's going to stutter. It's almost a kind of parallel processing - a stutterer has to monitor their speech and think of something else to say when a word comes up they can't get right. Doesn't mean they are stupid. Does make them talk slow, pause, and rephrase. Add that to the usual gradual decline of anyone in their 70's (Trump, Biden, Sanders, 78 year old Mitch McConnell etc.) and what you see is what you get.

Just a guess, but I do think Biden knows that Finland isn't part of Russia, that Finland doesn't really rake its forests to keep wildfires down, that maybe he shouldn't give medical advice like injecting disinefectants, or that it would be kind of crazy to keep promising the pandemic will be down to zero real soon (months ago) and/or miraculously disappear (several times since). He might even want to invest in manufacturing infrastructure rather than give financiers another few trillion bucks -- the topic of this thread.

And, yeah, it would be great if Republicans could come up with someone better than a lying con man and slime ball (did I mention sociopathic bully and narcissist) and the Democrats could come up with someone better than an old political dude with a bit of empathy for the common man.

4. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    My take is that Biden, one of the rare people who overcame stuttering after his teen years,...
    Ah. Lester Hayes, #37, can't be beat

Nice ass, Stevieboy ! But you ain't gonna catch dee footeball

Just found this ... thanks, PeteM. I could use a little inspiration these days

https://videos.files.wordpress.com/E...-hayes_dvd.mp4

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: [Sure hope the guy who called it a "bidon video" isn't losing it, what with making a typo and all.]

oh i se i speeled bidon wong, sorry about that but it gave you guys some fun.

I feel sorry for Biden, my wife Janie’s Mom had Alzheimer’s and it was not at all funny. My buddy Phil’s mother in law had it also.
    Now my son-in-law has a 38-bed/apartment Alzheimer’s rest home. Alzheimer’s is a terrible thing.

Good thing I am not running for president. likely I would not to get to first base.

I'm Gona get beat up for saying this but eating Beets is now thought to help avoid Alzeimer's

But don't eat beets on my say so because I am not a doctor.

Janie hates Beets and does not even like to cook them.
    Last edited by michiganbuck; 08-02-2020 at 05:22 AM.

7. Likes CalG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck;3595801 . . .

oh i se i speeled bidon wong, sorry about that but it gave you guys some fun.

I feel sorry for Biden . . . .
    So, it's with great sadness that you've personally diagnosed Joe Biden with Alzheimer's?

Might want to listen to some actual medical doctors on the subject:

. . . Given the medical nature of this issue, I felt it was best to speak to an actual expert in cognitive aging. I contacted Dr. John R. Biggan, a cognitive neuroscientist who received his doctorate at The University of Texas at Arlington and specialized in the changes in cognition associated with aging. Contrary to the alarmist claims of activist political commentators, Biggan’s assessment of Biden is, well, quite reassuring.

“As a Cognitive Neuroscientist and someone who has spent more than a decade studying cognitive aging, I know that the risk of cognitive decline increases with age, but that many people experience healthy aging,” Biggan told me. “Although I have only observed Joe Biden from a distance, he has the characteristics of someone who is more likely to experience healthy aging as opposed to decline. Good physical health and regular physical activity have been shown to have an incredibly robust impact on cognitive health.”
    Biden’s physical health, says Biggan, is key here.

“Mr. Biden appears to be in good physical health, working out 5 days a week and abstaining from alcohol and tobacco.”

According to Biggan, Biden’s verbal gaffes and are not likely to have anything to do with age related cognitive decline.
    “While Mr. Biden has at times stumbled through his words on the debate stage, this is more likely a result of his well-documented history of stuttering, something he has fought with all his life,” Biggan told me.

“All-in-all, it is prudent to consider cognitive decline for any older candidates, but based on my observations I am not concerned about the Vice President’s cognitive health.”

It should be noted that this view is shared by several other neuroscientists who have stated publicly that they do not believe Biden is cognitively impaired. “He is every bit as sharp as he was 31 years ago. I haven’t seen any change,” Dr. Neal Kassell, a professor of neurosurgery at the University of Virginia who operated on Biden after he suffered two aneurysms in 1988 told Politico recently.

Interestingly, Dr. Biggan also mentioned to me that he does see serious signs of cognitive decline in president Trump. The president, says Biggan, “is overweight, is known for his poor diet, and believes that exercise is bad for one’s health,” which, he says may explain Trunp’s “mood swings and impulsivity, symptoms related to cognitive decline.”

“I have yet to find an explanation for Mr. Trump’s poor debate performances and bizarre press conferences/campaign rallies.”

9. Likes theperfessor liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’m sure you can find many doctors who will support Biden's condition, and a some who might support Trump as being mentally competent.

What you see is what you get, make the best of it.

Qt: Originally Posted by michiganbuck;3595801

What are the numbers about?

11. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’m sure you can find many doctors who will support Biden's condition, and a some who might support Trump as being mentally competent.

What you see is what you get, make the best of it.

Qt: Originally Posted by michiganbuck;3595801

What are the number about?
    Don't know about the numbers, Buck. I didn't type them in. They show up in the edit pane, but not the final view of this quote as well. I'd guess they're a BBS ID, that got copied in?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did not create that Biden video. Do you figure that was fake? Somebody dubbed his words?
    and posted it , fake news?? it looked real.

Yes I see trump being rude, saying things I think are dumb/stupid to say..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did not create that Biden video. Do you figure that was fake? Somebody dubbed his words?
    and posted it , fake news?? it looked real.

Yes I see trump being rude, saying things I think are dumb/stupid to say..
    FWIW, you didn't link a video, but a search for various videos. Maybe you had a specific video in mind?

I'll repeat my own take on the two candidates' mental states.

I see Biden's long history of gaffes, pauses, etc. as primarily a result of his stuttering. Then add in the normal gradual cognitive decline of anyone in their 70's. When asked questions, he figures them out and responds in a sensible way. He also often seems to have to pause to pick other words to avoid stuttering. There's some chance it's more and he'd be another Reagan at some point in time. As a candidate for the nation's top job, he's maybe a "C." Not my first or second choice, but at least somewhat centrist.

I see Trump's long history of cons, lies, narcissism, and pathological bullying as disqualifying. He's rarely able to string coherent thoughts together in an interview. Not sure how much of that is also baked in and now much is his own gradual cognitive decline. The complete lack of humor and the two personalities (when trashing and tweeting impromptu vs. when trying to be "presidential" and read a prepared speech) are disquieting "tells." When asked questions, especially ones not flattering or requiring a tiny bit of thought, he pretty much attacks the questioner. As a candidate for the nation's top job, he's an "F. There's some chance it's even worse (you know who), as he continually blames others for the nation's problems rather than have us work together to solve them.

Shame we haven't had good to great candidates in ages - probably a fault of our process? But I'd be happy to see something more like George H.W. Bush (Bush 1.0 -- who I thought was pretty good) vs. Clinton 1.0 (who I also thought was decent, minus the indecency part) again. We don't -- but it's still a pivotal election in terms of having a somewhat brighter vs. somewhat dimmer future for our kids. Doesn't matter so much to us older folks.

Since there wasn't an actual Biden video (just that search), here's an Australian take on the 2020 election (warning - not for diehard Trump supporters to view): This "Honest Government" Aussie take on the 2020 election in 3 minutes / Boing Boing

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

omg....some of those were hilarious. "Poor kids are just as talented and just as bright as white kids"

Come on America, you're an amazing country.....these two are the best you can come up with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    omg....

Come on America, you're an amazing country.....these two are the best you can come up with?
    Yep. Not sure what's a better approach; but we've not been all what well served by our present selection process.

We've got around 120 million adults between the ages of 35 and 65. Even if a great President were "one in a million" - there ought to be 120 highly qualified candidates.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As many have said ,If the people are dissatisfied ,all they need to do is vote.....some 60% cant be bothered ,so they must be satisfied......Third party candidates dont exist ,so there must be very small levels of real dissatisfaction.

18. Likes CalG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Yep. Not sure what's a better approach; but we've not been all what well served by our present selection process.

We've got around 120 million adults between the ages of 35 and 65. Even if a great President were "one in a million" - there ought to be 120 highly qualified candidates.

The PROOF that one is not qualified or suited for public office is the very FACT that they are running for the position!

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

I mean , what sane and respectable person would want the job? (And I've been elected TWICE!*)

*NB Not for the same position.... ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    As many have said ,If the people are dissatisfied ,all they need to do is vote.....some 60% cant be bothered ,so they must be satisfied......Third party candidates dont exist ,so there must be very small levels of real dissatisfaction.
    How does it help to vote? I vote. It doesn’t seem to be helping. Who do you suggest I vote for? In fact in most states it doesn’t matter. The outcome is known before the election. Only if you live in a swing state does it matter. Actually “president” isn’t the only thing on the ballot. Other items are more easily effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adh2000 View Post
    How does it help to vote? I vote. It doesn’t seem to be helping. Who do you suggest I vote for? In fact in most states it doesn’t matter. The outcome is known before the election. Only if you live in a swing state does it matter. Actually “president” isn’t the only thing on the ballot. Other items are more easily effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Voting takes generations

example: first generation Mexican immigrants tend to vote liberal. By the THIRD generation, Nearly all vote Conservative.

AMAZING!

It's too bad that those who "have" need to be constantly at odds with those who want others to "gimme stuff".

Note! There are those who are disadvantaged due to health / mental ability, That group NEEDS assistance, Lots! , But being a LAZY fucktard is not a disability!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    .... being a LAZY fucktard is not a disability!
    Surely you ain't gonna tell us "lazy f**ktard" confers some sort of commercial or tactical advantage ayr ye? 'bout as "disabled" as as pork chop Diablo under a fast-food heat-lamp, ain't they?

Hardly seems to need enny sort of "subsidizing", regardless.

Seems more efficient to just take advantage of their fondess for buggery and abortions, before, during, and after to let 'em die-out nachurly.

Mind . have to shut down the hydroponics farming where they are raising them off shorn foreskins in a urine nutrient broth fortified with Joe Biden leg-hairs cloned off dynel wig stem cells.

You'd have to know Mad Scientists?

Or maybe only Democrats?

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Yes, and you haven't been keeping track. The US is pretty amazing these days but not in the way you remember.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This guy is just amazing

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...88646547845121

and not in the way you may remember.....

He sure doesn't

We are truly screwed!

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Janie hates Beets and does not even like to cook them.
    Used to hate them too because the canned ones are really nasty, but had some on a salad a while back and they actually tasted okay.

Maybe someone has some good beet tips ?