Biden unveils new plan to rebuild American Manufacturing ~ Is this possible ? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by steve-l View Post
    If you believe this waste of space, I have a bridge to sell you. He's had 40+ years to do what he advertised with the last 8 in the WH, he did nothing. Why would you expect him to do anything now?

Greetings to Germany !

That's a good question.

I was thrown out of the healthcare system for about 7 years. I had the money but no insurance company would touch me. Basically because I shattered my wrist in a horse training accident and also happen to suffer from migraines BIG DATA "Decided" that I had a 5% higher chance of having a stroke 25 years from now (migraines + random trip to the emergency room). AND therefore did not want to deal with a potential future law suit 25 years from now, so instead we throw him/ me out now.

Think about that for a moment - that's like Tom Cruise in Minority Report and being arrested for a future crime I have yet to commit.

I'm pretty sure they can't do that in Germany (today).

So Obama/ Biden were able to put into legislation the ACA "Affordable Care Act" or "Obama care" .

That was super super difficult (If you know anything about health care and the American Way and Capitol Hill.). _ ~ that's not a trivial accomplishment.

Although what Obama put into action was not even one click away from "Romney Care " ;-) (Romney's proposal for HC from the other side of the isle. ).

It is my opinion that a president can only really get ONE BIG -ish thing done during their term, whatever that may be ... Not the massive shopping list that was given to Jarred Kushner to complete including "Peace in the Middle East".

What's interesting is that Biden has set his sights on this , and it's the MAIN and only key thing as a plank , platform and project to 'Do".

It's not difficult for him to put into action $700 BN ish bill as he's not the one doing the actual 'Legwork" ... Other "Peeps" are and will be doing that for him / on his behalf.

The funny thing is that Trump claims that Biden plagiarized this all from him ! lol.

Will Mitch McConnel be able to BLOCK what Biden may attempt to put into legislation ?
    (possibly ?).

This is so closely tied to the Covid 19 pandemic to make sure that the USA has all the "Pandemic supplies" it needs made by US companies on US soil. That's Ok as far as I'm concerned, I had the Covid 19 and it was not a picknick but thankfully I didn't die, but not fun playing Russian roulette with revolver with twenty chambers and one bullet.

Similarly if it was not for the ACA "Obamacare" then I would have probably died several years ago. Still playing "Catch-up" with my health.

I don't think what Biden is proposing is difficult. ~ In terms of providing or making such funds available - whether having made such funds available and whether it achieves certain objectives is another story entirely.

@Steve-I
    In Germany they spend much much more on technical schools and the technical "Arts" than the USA does. Training in the USA for things like machining is very scant compared to Germany.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

*** Some Caveats : Biden is totally a corporate DEM , he's trying to make sure some of Bernie's old base votes for him. IF one happens to be progressive then one is really aware of how the hidden hand of Obama put a couple of knives into Bernie's back.

- Personally I thought Bernie's "wish" list was way too long and would take 40 years to complete.

- I abstained from the last election. It was not a choice as far as I was concerned. No third box to check "ALL CADIDIATES UNACCEPTABLE please try again ! "

- A lot of people don't like Obamacare 'cuz their premiums went up ... Trump is trying to undoooo every piece of Obama era legislation including the ACA. 20 million people would be thrown out of the Health care system (again) even though Trump "Pinky swears" he won't do that... Honestly it's not about Trump anymore it's Bill Barr and Mitch McConnel are in the driving seat as to what can and cannot happen.

2. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A while back we we’re working in Winston Salem home of thomasville furniture they closed the doors to all fabrication sold off everything and move to Indonesia. Why 2 reasons taxes and profit. Sad part was nightly new reflected higher crime rate with well over a 1000 jobs lost. What I see is a government that caters to the lobbyists. Wall Street to the dollar. big business using the lobbyists to cut there cost improve there market share AND all of this on the backs of worker’s trying to provide for there families and small businesses just trying to keep their doors open. Sadly we have workers who have no desire to be good at what they do it’s just a job. Now I know there are diamonds out there but they are get fewer and farther between. We teach in school that you are worth more than what you know and they believe it. Outside of the USA we are nothing except $
    I for one want my country back a hand shake means something a hand up to WHOEVER needs it. Where government isn’t lip service.

4. Likes cameraman, Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    <snip> (all good , just for clarity.

I could see the government making competive bid buys to replace it's older gas vehicles (park rangers, military, postal delivery etc.) with a new fleet of trucks. Ideally on a platform that could turn into millions of consumer cars, trucks, vans, etc. that outperform whatever Japan, China, Germany, S. Korea are building. If the vehicles had lower life cycle costs (saving taxpayers money in the long run) - be nice to give our industry a boost. Tier 2 and 3 suppliers might especially be beneficiaries. Maybe one design beats the others -- but once suppliers tool up they can supply other makers scrambling to catch up.
    ^^^ I thought this was an interesting idea.

We have tech that removes the need to fly a 250 lb bag of meat / American Businessman 14K miles to be "Present" on the other side of the globe. (So that's pretty "Green" lol).

I kinda get the impression the world is not going to be the same ever again after this Covid 19 thing finally cleans up. I don't now 'Feel" that there will be a return to normal or a "new normal" - things are going to be very different pretty much from now on, slowly but imperceptibly these difference are starting to emerge. [Topic for another time perhaps.].

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    ^^^ I thought this was an interesting idea.

We have tech that removes the need to fly a 250 lb bag of meat / American Businessman 14K miles to be "Present" on the other side of the globe. (So that's pretty "Green" lol).

I kinda get the impression the world is not going to be the same ever again after this Covid 19 thing finally cleans up. I don't now 'Feel" that there will be a return to normal or a "new normal" - things are going to be very different pretty much from now on, slowly but imperceptibly these difference are starting to emerge. [Topic for another time perhaps.].
    I have a feeling your just here to stir up trouble.

Please emigrate back from whence you came

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    I have a feeling your just here to stir up trouble.

Please emigrate back from whence you came

No I'm a US citizen , with a US passport with US patents (and other)... (and my mother actually comes from Charlotte North Carolina ).

I work with and develop VR and telepresent technologies. + have worked with DOD and worked a considerable number of years preserving your cultural heritage.

Not everybody has to fly 14K miles to three dimensionally perceive and interact with real time complex metrologically accurate 3d data / reality capture...

Yay American innovation...

"I'm causing trouble" and "go back to whence you came from " ... (Good Job ! @digger doug)

@doug how many kilojoules of energy do you suppose it take to fly 250 lb man 14k mile round trip ?

+ Carbon foot print and time wasted.

I've made the trip a number of times and that's a lot of time and energy wasted ? Just an Idea...

Sorry my idea is sooooo dangerous I should attempt to live in another country even though I'm no longer a UK citizen / dual citizen ? 1/2 anglo American just like your / our founding fathers

BTW there are many US citizens born abroad to service men and women stationed all round the world including Germany and the UK.

Incredibly there is even a US embassy in London...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Elizabeth Warren has a long history of selling good ideas and failing to deliver. As with Biden it is just another sales pitch.

Warren has for years been touting a return to Glass-Steagall but before getting elected to the Senate she helped author Dodd-Frank, whose regulations are stifling business growth for smaller financial institutions. As always, excessive regulation favors the large over the small.
    I think most people would say Dodd-Frank was needed. I'm not sure what specific rules you're talking about, but if it does have that, that doesn't necessarily detract from the idea that Dodd-Frank was an overall needed reform.

9. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think most people would say Dodd-Frank was needed ... Dodd-Frank was an overall needed reform.
    Unfortunately, Scottl is being rational on this one. Dodd-Franks wasn't a reform at all. It was theater.

Glass-Steagall was 23 pages and worked for fifty years. Dodd-Frank is 2,000 and hasn't done a damn thing.

The ten commandments are one page.

The golden rule is one sentence.

Congress has no intention of "regulating" anything that counts. They are overjoyed to fuck over ten person companies with ridiculous crap (OSHA, anyone ?) but keep coal miners from destroying mountain ranges ? Stop Goldman from fleecing the planet ? The health "industry" from screwing us to death ?

No way.

Congress is on the take.

You know, nothing is ever going to work until you get the money out of government. So that should be the very first and most important thing any new administration tackles. The rest of it is just more-of-the-same.

That fight would make health care look like a sunday school picnic.

11. Likes Greg White, jariou, Zach201 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Unfortunately, Scottl is being rational on this one. Dodd-Franks wasn't a reform at all. It was theater.

Glass-Steagall was 23 pages and worked for fifty years. Dodd-Frank is 2,000 and hasn't done a damn thing.

The ten commandments are one page.

The golden rule is one sentence.

Congress has no intention of "regulating" anything that counts. They are overjoyed to fuck over ten person companies with ridiculous crap (OSHA, anyone ?) but keep coal miners from destroying mountain ranges ? Stop Goldman from fleecing the planet ? The health "industry" from screwing us to death ?

No way.

Congress is on the take.

You know, nothing is ever going to work until you get the money out of government. So that should be the very first and most important thing any new administration tackles. The rest of it is just more-of-the-same.

That fight would make health care look like a sunday school picnic.
    I've had lunch a number times over the decades at BofA headquarters (Charlotte NC), even when it used to be called 'Nations Bank" , (penthouse/ top floor restaurant) and met over the decades new investment managers etc. Senior Executive VP of this and VP of that (seems everybody is a vice president of something there ?) and then go into the 'Bowels" of the machine, a lot of young very smart talent works there but how much of that brain power and insight actually filters up to the top is debatable ?

All very nice and well intentioned people - bit of a glass ceiling for some and the Good Ole' boys club etc.

But fundamentally there is a massive disconnect between what financial institutions DO versus actual people and human beings.

Almost as if there are two separate planets, the financial world and the "Human world" that we inhabit on a daily basis and never the twain shall meet - even in a massive global crisis/ multiple crises (shrugging shoulders.).

The problem is Goldman Sachs/ JP Morgan has a total and manifest history for dictating fiscal policy going back to the "Robber Barons" of the late 1800's. (even without so called bought policy by lobbyists .).

This is a huge conflict with the ideas behind "Green New Deal" as unless you physically legislate against the Banks , basically giving an unlimited line of credit to fossil fuel industry the GND will be completely un-actionable.

+ recent findings that a lot so called Green Tech is not so efficient long term or really viable - Renewables are not a slam dunk / no brainier thing to implement as the energy input to build some of these things is colossal and within 15 years some of these systems start falling apart. But burning trees cut down in the amazon for re-jigged old coal plants is not the way to go... As some "Corporate" greens have made out. It's not simple.

There isn't a snow balls chance in Hell Biden would be minded to legislate against the Fossil Fuel industry. I am not anti fossil fuels (necessarily) (more a fan of fusion technology (one day ... always 30 years away lol)) , my mother in law (who I actually like_ works for companies that are into fraking / shale (rocky mountain region extending to Texas). Shale rarely has made actual $ but energy independence is attractive perhaps ? Buuuuut investors seem happy to keep throwing $ at it ? One of many complex stock market bubbles built on a foamy sea of extremely low interest rates.

So, you know maybe Trump doesn't occupy the white house next term... (it is one of the two or three possibilities/ permutations that are available assuming democracy as we know it still operates) And maybe "Team Biden" devises a way to give $ to small manufacturing / R&D firms in the USA ?

I don't think that's a terrible thing ?

$700Bn...

with a B...

Nearly 3/4 of a trillion dollars...
    Last edited by cameraman; 07-12-2020 at 02:42 AM. Reason: double negative and coal cola

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unless you fix the disease, it's all just makeup.

I mean sure, a little program here and there would be nice but it's just a bowl of Jell-O when you're in bed with smallpox. It won't stop the destruction of the US we grew up with and liked.

The only real chance is to get the money out, and none of them are going to do that.

The US is doomed.

14. Likes Zach201 liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ya ,but the problem with lots of small enterprises ,is that come election time ,they dont have the wherewithall to stump up the billions that ya gonna need to keep everyone happy.Or be generous enough to pay all your inlaws fat fees for consultancies ,opinions ,or even ,intellectual property.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unless you fix the disease, it's all just makeup.

I mean sure, a little program here and there would be nice but it's just a bowl of Jell-O when you're in bed with smallpox. It won't stop the destruction of the US we grew up with and liked.

The only real chance is to get the money out, and none of them are going to do that.

The US is doomed.
    To a certain extent on it's current trajectory I agree, (That's nothing to do with the current POTUS)*.

I agree it's essential to get $ out of politics and have 'Peeps" serve in the Government that are indeed citizen centric/ human centric.

But I suspect there would have to be a total and massive breakdown on all levels for that to happen.

Unfortunately the tax breaks that those in "the" congress are giving themselves is a bit of last minute cynical smash and grab of what's left of the American economy. - The More dynastic / estate tax type of breaks. And leave the rest of us to deal with rubble of what's left. It's not a right or left thing anymore it's a what's up and what's down thing now.

Gorbachev's approach to change was to slightly alter the trajectory of the asteroid in an infinitesimally small way but over billions of miles and a couple of decades the asteroid doesn't hit the Earth or destroy everything - at least when he was interviewed that's how he explained his approach to change - persistent and long term.... And then one day the Berlin Wall came down. No German born in the 1930s 40s 50s would ever dare to believe that could ever happen in their lifetime.

Honestly the companies of tomorrow are the small nascent ones today... AND also the employers of tomorrow.

Small incremental changes can make a huge difference over the long-term.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

* Just a tangent , the fact that Warren had a plan to debase the US dollar (reading the posted links to basic policy documents in this thread... ) to bring investment and jobs back to the USA is a kind of metric of "Holy sh*t are we really so far up the creek... and the paddle has yet to be invented ???" , that's super worrying/disturbing ... Even if Warren is only 20% correct about that ?

Just as a comparison Germany after WWII was completely destroyed and plans for reconstruction were implemented (Marshall plan) the German government decided to devalue its external currency by a factor ten (so it was explained to me), the idea being that many foreign companies would invest in Germany as foreign currency could go a really long way on German soil by a factor ten. BUT that re-stimulated the internal German economy so Germans could buy new furniture and various basics from each other, rather than just live out of their charred and bombed out basements.

The idea that someone (even Warren) would suggest altering the currency value of the US dollar to bring investment / manufacturing to the USA is pretty startling.

I don't think Biden will pick Warren as his VP. (as of this writing.).

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, you know maybe Trump doesn't not occupy the white house next term... (it is one of the two or three possibilities/ permutations that are available assuming democracy as we know it still operates) And maybe "Team Biden" devises a way to give $ to small manufacturing / R&D firms in the USA ?

$700Bn...

with a B...

Nearly 3/4 of a trillion dollars...
    Minor nit, whilst you propose to re-arrange the deck chairs on RMS "Titanic", but it is NOT a "democracy". It is a Federal Republic.

And we are overdue for the States that make it up dissolving their diseased Federal creature and starting fresh with far, far harder limits on its cancerous growth... before it destroys THEM, too.

Congress limited to meeting for ONE WEEK every four years would be a start. Legislation is in surplus arredy. We need to use up and discard the leftovers, shed the Listeria with them.

Not a "terrible thing" DJT laughs, shrugs his shoulders, waves with one finger, and wanders off to enjoy life, and say - more than just the one time:

"I TOLD you so!"

Or, with credit where due:

"Brother, you ASKED for it!"

(The D'Anconia Copper "tactics of mistake" application, "Atlas Shrugged" Ayn Rand. Once thought to be fictional until the nature of looters proved it merely prophetic in a rather clumsy way)

"Not a terrible thing" the dark side takes control, no ...if you are young enough to figure to live though the professionally and expertly guided and directed economic cleansing of a far, far, worse depression than that of 1929 onward ... and then ... still come out a survivor, the other side in 30 odd years. And a bit. Perhaps. If fortunate. See Spain. Or Portugal.

You NOTICED a sort of "distance"? A "disconnect?" of those titans of finance from the "common man", did you?

Why would you not? Ever meet a FARMER as thought he was a stalk of corn, a Soya bean, or a Poland China SOW? Those are his CROPS. Not his FAMILY, dummy!

"The little guy", Union included has seen DJT as the only barrier between Vampires to one side, looters to the other, as might give them a chance to remain free of either sort of parasite.

Republicans and independents lose hope that the forces of turnaround are going to be ABLE to change that course? That it will be overwhelmed by the bottomless greed of whining and blaming "Other People's Money" instant-gratification looter-Idiot Dumbasscraps, and the agnostic Finansters as farm them for money & blood - regardless?

See Bill Gates. Not "the third" Jr. Seniour and not-only as well. "Software" not the family bizness. Manipulation of gullibility, rather. One generation after another.

The voters might cease trying for a save?

Figure. "Can't be helped. Let's get it over with!", pile-on to the dark side, HELP the Dems win Senate and White House.

Then dis-engage and HELP the disaster start sooner and run far, far, deeper.

Finansters can make a buck off movement in ANY direction, after all, so long as "movement" it be. See "never trumper" Ripofflicans. Already ID'ing their targets for billions of blood to be sucked. Trump has upset THEIR dirty games easily as much as the games of Pelosi's Sandalista's and Trotsy-lites.

.. "powers that be" enhance the disaster until it further marginalizes the foolish.. For profit. of course. It is what they DO. See "George Soros", "Mit Romney", and not-only

And we've done a Yugoslavia on a grander scale. Or the many and several iterations of Saxony. Or Rome. Or China, just slower.

Hopefully not a shooting war, merely an economic one, but aren't they ALL? Yes. If you missed that. Economic is what ALL wars are.

Not a formal secession, mind. Just seeing US States further isolate into economic camps, meanwhile diverting a bloated Fed even further up its own ass - as usual, but more so.

Self-sufficient US States able to thrive and prosper. "the usual suspects", not so much..

Examples:

The nation as a whole, and the average citizen are far better off, if NYC, if not all of NY, Chicago & adjacent, if not all of Illinois, LA, SFO, if not ALL of Kali, and the rest of the professsional-failure-for-votes stew pots of fuckup simply finish the damned job:

Succumbing to their own cancers, going broke, going suicidally murderous, going parasitically corrupt. Eventually going dark and going empty. See Caracas. Or Mojenjo-Daro.

All positive developments, actually..

No downside to them whatsover.

Once-useful cities no longer have ANYTHING LEFT that anyone else really needs but a vast money-sucking sound.

So yes.

Biden could get in.

Not on merit. The cruelty of retribution, rather.
    And not the "revenge of the left" retribution.

The merciless vengeance of those who would see them complete their own destruction faster, and deeper.,

Suicide well past any possible hope of return.

See Chicago. You can't FIX that by electing a new administration.

Nor the Kalifornikyah SSR. Too far gone, already. See utility power (or lack of), and forest fires alone.

Not as if humankind hadn't "seen this movie before", after all, is it?

Trace just the most recent 3000 years of China's dynamics.
    The Middle-East and far East, back to Sumer and the drought.
    Europe's empires, pre-Roman to present-day. Saxony. Sweden, the Baltics, Poland & Ukraine, Austria-Hungary..did I say Rome, Byzantium, Ottomans.. Central and South America. Indian sub-continent... the Golden Horde setting up Prince Nevski "in the business" with the Muscovy tofu franchise, etc.

Those who do not learn from history are not even AWARE they are ALREADY repeating it... distracted, whilst "in the cut" as it were!

Shit happens. Shit does not CEASE happening so long as humans are involved.

Darwinian thing.

Xin Loy!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Not a "terrible thng" if you are young enough to figure to live though the economic cleansing of a far, far, worse depression than that of 1929 onward ... and then ... still come out a survivor, the other side in 30 odd years. And a bit. Perhaps. If fortunate.

Republicans and independents lose hope that the forces of turnaround are going to be ABLE to change that course? That it will be overwhelmed by Idiots, regardless?

They might cease trying for a save.

Figure. "Can't be helped. Let's get it over with!", pile-on to the dark side, HELP the Dems win Senate and White Houss.

Then dis-engage and HELP the disaster start sooner and run far, far, deeper.
    .. Until it further marginalizes the foolish..

And we've done a Yugoslavia on a grander scale.

Hopefully not a shootig war, merely an economic one, but seeing US States isolate into economic camps, divert a bloated Fed up its own ass - as usual, but more so.

Self-sufficient US States able to thrive and prosper. "the usual suspects", not so much..

Average citizen is far better off, if NYC, if not all of NY, Chicago & adjacent, if not all of Illinois, LA, SFO, if not ALL of Kali, and the rest of the professsinal-failure-for-votes cesspools simply finish the job of succumbing to their own cancers.

So yah. Biden could get in.

Not on merit. The cruelty of retribution, rather. Not the "revenge of the left".

The merciless vengeance of those who would see them complete their own destruction faster, deeper, to well past any possible hope of return (see Chicago) ... and with greater certainty.

Not as if humankind hadn't "seen this movie before", after all, is it?

Darwin thing.
    Funny you should mention that , my uncle (who died 18 months ago - I used to look after him) he was born in 1929 so he always cites the Depression / stock market crash. - his father my Grandfather was actually the first new Chairman (after the crash in 1929) of the [ Ways and Means Committee 1933 ~ His portrait actually hangs somewhere in the Capitol building (I have his gavel)]. The Ways and means Committee came into existence in a different way after the 1929 crash as so many Americans were dying of poverty/ starvation, a better deal for the American Citizen had to be drawn up and some notion and semblance of a "Safety Net"* . not perfect but something had to be done.

"Southern Democrats" ~ It's complicated.

I have to be honest it's like OK America what's next ??? What other sh*t show is left in store for Team USA in 2020 ? - Hurricane season is still some ways out... :-(

Darwin indeed.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

* First social security bill signed in 1935 through the Ways and Means Committee ~ Social Security History
    ^^^ Interesting photograph of the whole committee and President Franklin D. Roosevelt signing the Social Security Act... Cornerstone of the "New Deal".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As usual, you go on with emotions and no facts here. It actually did quite a bit. I'm not familiar with exactly what part of the small banks effect he's suggesting it had was there, but for large banks, particularly bulge bracket banks, it dialed back quite a lot of activities and put a lot more oversight on them.

For one, it required a lot more holding of capital, and the old models like VaR (your proprietary flavor of it) couldn't be so easily used anymore. The banks also have to undergo stress tests. This had a large effect on bank trading desks - not just in things like the Volcker Rule which officially prohibited proprietary trading, but overall in how the bank could and would allocate capital in its businesses. This lead to a big push more on wealth management and advisory rather than the stuff that you and others talk about a lot on here. It also moved certain things onto exchanges that were simply OTC/bilateral before.

Going back to trading, banks can technically still take quasi/semi speculative positions, but not nearly or remotely to the extent as before, and the number of people doing it is far less. Banks continued to shed businesses that were highly volatile/low RoE and capital intensive.

Now the good thing is that when you go deposit money at JP Morgan, or even smaller banks like Wells Fargo, they can't so easily deploy it in highly speculative things. The supposed downside is that there is less liquidity in the market - because end of day, derivatives do play a very crucial role in the economy, and the banks are large market-makers in that who can offset their risk while still piling on inventory. The question is then, like so many other things, how much is too much and leads to bad things, and how much is too little and leads to bad things.

I think the reforms were needed in general and good. This doesn't even go into other things they introduced directly outside this purview like seasoning requirements and others directly for mortgages.

Now if you can tell me exactly what it is you both don't like about this, then I'm all ears. I don't pretend to have read over the whole bill or know all the different facets of it, but I do know of some of the effects/new stipulations, and of those I've seen, they sound pretty good. But if we're gonna go on emotion here.....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WTF is the POINT? Not a word of it would ever become reality if even the stuffed-cadaver-walking got elected?

You still missing Fake-a-haunt-us "plans" are all buzz-phrases and boolshit as won't pass grocery-store 4th grade maths?

Of course you are. Why else start such a damned fool thread?

May as well discuss which muscle-meat on a cockroach in my tomato soup might be the better tasting.

Gits a roach in my soup? I'm simply pouring it down the drain and off to et of sumthin' ELSE without the problem.

Electing Biden is the same damn exercise, only the drain is shared-out with tens of millions of: "just ignore the f**wit and get on with life" others.

Same as we did the LAST time the fool and his silly minder were VP & Prez.

Carryed on, regardless. The treason is being unwound now. The Obamacare only half corrected but ongoing. "TDS" has them biting bloody gouts out of their own asses in public. The DACA bullshit being sorted, too.

Not easy to DO, but how hard was ANY of that to SEE had already happened, FIRST term not yet over?
    I must tell you when I read 'stuffed cadaver walking' I laughed so hard, it was like Hawkeye on MASH. I laughed out loud, very loud. D#mn, that was good! I am here, at 1:30am, way past my usual time, and I knew I'd get some good humor out of your posts!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Optimist!

Wouldn't help. He'd forget it half way through .. if even he could absorb such a novel concept in the first instance...

Think about it. WTF ARE we looking at with Joe?

Truman, and every Democratic Prez, run and win, or run and lose, ever SINCE..I actually remember.

Where in the HELL does Biden rank ..or ANY of the other cannibals as "lost" the DNC primary debates... against even the least well-regarded and loser by widest margin in ANY of that long line?

Simpy put? He does not rank. At all. On ANY "metric". At all.

Stevenson? Humphrey, McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore? Any of those is full four orders of magnitude the better man and the better candidate.

Even Kerry the alien-golem-ugly - congenitally f**ked-up and treasonous waste of protein if ever was - can deliver a speech, field questions, only get caught-out and f**ked-over about a THIRD of the time!

And those are just the LOSERS!

"Jacks or better to open?"

No Fine WAY! Biden has lost even his marbles.

It is as if the Devil has sent the entire Democratic party to Hell to eternally tear each other slowly to bits.... and hasn't BOTHERED to tell them their special train left the station ...... sixteen f**king years ago . . and is just now FOUR years of whining, bitching, blaming tears into the final tunnel above the molten abyss.

Surreal.

Really.

It is.

They didn't used to be so suicidally f**ked-up, nor STUBBORN to prove it so!

I can blame the both of you guys for my kids thinking I'm crazy....it's now 1:45am and I am laughing so hard I'm crying with my head on the table and they're wondering what I'm doing.
    Jancolic, your simple one sentence was good...and thermite, your Kerry sentence.....If I could do it, I would fly you guys in to Minneapolis and have you limousine farther south where I am and could comedy club it. Wait, Minneapolis is burned. Maybe could take the Amtrak. Thanks guys for the humor!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm8622 View Post
    I can blame the both of you guys for my kids thinking I'm crazy....it's now 1:45am and I am laughing so hard I'm crying with my head on the table and they're wondering what I'm doing.
    Jancolic, your simple one sentence was good...and thermite, your Kerry sentence.....If I could do it, I would fly you guys in to Minneapolis and have you limousine farther south where I am and could comedy club it. Wait, Minneapolis is burned. Maybe could take the Amtrak. Thanks guys for the humor!
    Thanks, but..

Old age as it is?

You missed "the real deal". One of the best.

Picture it. "Live" at the "Carbine Club" (that's a racehorse, not a firearm).

Hong Kong. Yours truly. And P.J. O'Rourke...

Reliving and acting out ..the notorious velvet Stetson blinding -> off-road incident he'd written - years earlier - for an auto magazine!

YOU were in tears? P.J. had cracked me up a dozen times, motorcar magazines, alone - even BEFORE he started setting political foolishness alight by its stray c**t hairs for the fun in it!

Only fair to return the favour!

In front of God and.... well.. a "Carbine Club" event ain't exactly "everybody", but still... "good folks". Very!

23. Likes jeffm8622 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make sure y'all pay attention to what the " Justice Democrats " are up to, who they've already gotten elected, who's next, and who's behind them.
    The likes on AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Pressley, didn't get there by themselves...
    The Green New Deal didn't write itself, and sure as hell not by a pub waitress.

25. Likes Zach201 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    sure as hell not by a pub waitress.
    ..with tits like 3/4 empty 13-gallon kitchen garbidge bags and lipstick an order of magnitude brighter than her mind, yah mean?

Where else they were gonna find one as would age even uglier than that Baltimoron Camorra chick as relocated to San Fran when the Baltimorons ran out of anything worth stealing, least of all "designer ice cream"?

"Be stupider and stick together better at it" has worked so well and for so long for the Dumbasscraptic Cannibal-Orgy AKA "Party" that they never thought to consider the end-game.

Any entity runs in circles of ever diminishing diameter, eventually the head enters the anus, passes out of sight, the rest to soon follow....

Crawl up their own arsehole and pull the hole into the hole AFTER the arsehole.

Gone invisible.

Nothing left but the stench of s**t, a barking-mad national debt, and the noise of incoherent whining.

See also "Joe Biden"

27. Likes jeffm8622 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow thats quite an interesting thread there
    However there are a couple of things to remember.

If you think Biden will cause a dumpster fire if elected, how does the current president look commuting a prison sentence earned by an old friend for lying to congress, witness tampering and obstruction of justice?

And if you think trump will get elected again, all of my republican friends stateside want to vote for Biden rather than 4 more years of trumpism.....

Hey ho... still gives us some entertainment over here while waiting for bozo the clown to do something about the 2nd wave rather than nothing....

Boris

yeah I'm still alive... and twitching

29. Likes Greg White liked this post