Close
Login to Your Account
Page 101 of 330 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2037 pb1
    "Can you name a muslim country that is safe" No, see #2039.
    Just put him on ignore, your education will not suffer in any way and you will have more free time.
    Win, win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    Hell, to the west of that golf coarse your not kidding about grids are you, spose thats the advantage when your streets are build in pretty recent history, not by the swagger of a drunk viking, norman or who ever the fuck else came before. Theirs probably a dead Roman road architect out there with a stiffy over grids layed out like that, they thought they were something special just managing straight roads!
    The full story of the grids is actually really cool...but out side the scope to the thread...
    But I can’t help it.
    The western us was settled entirely on a grid system.
    If you ever fly over it you will see.
    Several different surveys were done and people could claim part of it for settling.
    iIRC there were four or five different purchases, conquests and disbursement’s.
    If you are really interested drop me a pm.
    Now cities up the west coast follow the Kings Road from Spain, there anomalies all over, and the French cities are a mess...of course the costal port towns follow the contours too.
    Most of the east coast is retry messy...Atlanta is a clusterfuck.
    District of Columbia May be one of the first “drafted” cities on the planet since the Egyptians.

Kind of cool I think.

Oh.
    And Texas used a different grid because it was surveyed under a different rubric, you can see the border from the air if you know what you are looking for.

Come to town.
    I’ll give you the ordinates.
    We can walk to the bar/pub/tavern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    Hell, to the west of that golf coarse your not kidding about grids are you, spose thats the advantage when your streets are build in pretty recent history, not by the swagger of a drunk viking, norman or who ever the fuck else came before. Theirs probably a dead Roman road architect out there with a stiffy over grids layed out like that, they thought they were something special just managing straight roads!
    You want to see the worst...
    Google highlands ranch.
    It all looks like it makes sense from the air...
    On the ground...well, it’s like crawling around a bowl of spaghetti

And god help you if you are on foot.
    Last edited by Miguels244; 02-04-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For the non-UK amongst us, we have been told repeatedly that our PM has gone back to Brussells to renegotiate "her deal".
    We know it is bollocks, because Juncker said that "we told the UK in November, the deal was the best one and non-negotiable. And we told them again in December, and again in January".
    Best for who....we'll ignore that one...

Anyway,
    You can tell when May is lying, her lips are moving.
    And if you don't know, Martin Selmayr is the Secretary General of the EU.
    I wish this type of thing would get reported in the papers and the Idiot Box. No-one is holding her to account.
    We're all living in the Twilight Zone...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

5. Likes jancollc, ManicMetalBasher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Global car sales have been in decline for a while now. Global switch to SUVs and move away from diesel and has nothing to do with Brexit. Whether it will affect things though, IDK.

Regarding Japan - Honda will continue to manufacture at Swindon. Whether the UK is allowed to leave or not.

Regarding Nissan (50% French owned...) - they have said they will continue to manufacture the model in Japan (petrol).
    The BBC quote .gov as saying there was no financial incentive given, and that Sunderland was going to be a diesel engine vehicle.
    That's not what BBC 5.00 o'clock news is saying. The good news is they haven't actually given them the money yet. Nissan are going to have to re-apply for the money now.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2047 Tyrone

"That's not what BBC 5.00 o'clock news is saying. The good news is they haven't actually given them the money yet. Nissan are going to have to re-apply for the money now."

It is good news.
    Much better news would be the UK just leaving the EU and NOT paying the EU £39 Billion we do not owe.
    That would mean the UK actually respecting the referendum vote and MPs have no intention of doing that.

8. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With any luck the UK voters will help some of these MP's on to a new career path.

10. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nonsense.
    The UK actually owes that 39B£, and has signed agreements agreeing to it.

Weather they pay it at once, over time, or never is quite a different matter.

The 39B£ is almost indifferent to the UK economy, quite insignificant to the EU.
    A 1% loss of confidence in the UK markets and stocks will cost the UK much more than 39B£.

In fact, this is what has already happened.
    Multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post

Much better news would be the UK just leaving the EU and NOT paying the EU £39 Billion we do not owe.
    That would mean the UK actually respecting the referendum vote and MPs have no intention of doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post
    Nonsense.
    The UK actually owes that 39B£, and has signed agreements agreeing to it.

Weather they pay it at once, over time, or never is quite a different matter.

The 39B£ is almost indifferent to the UK economy, quite insignificant to the EU.
    A 1% loss of confidence in the UK markets and stocks will cost the UK much more than 39B£.

In fact, this is what has already happened.
    Multiple times.
    That argument always sounds like a crap tenant to me.
    It’s like saying they aren’t going to pay rent after they squatted for the last three months after they just bail and plug up the toilet.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Why, Spinit ? The place has been around for over a thousand years. It's been part of Rome, part of France, independent, part of the EU, it has figured out how to survive many many times. Generally when they were independent they did better.

All the FUD here doesn't change my opinion. In fact, the baseless hysteria strengthens it. "There will be truck inspections ! Oh noes !"

There aren't any now ?

"The banksters might leave ! Oh noes !"

Where are they going to go ? Zimbabwe ? And what do they bring of value to a society anyhow ?

If anything, the crying and gnashing of teeth with no factual basis makes me think it is likely to turn out well (if the Brits can control their own governnment, that is.)

Only 1000 years surely you jest.

What I mean is the E.U. has made things so that they as a group can dictate most things. Trade wise I am concerned with the reaction of the E.U. to Brittian’s departure. The E.U. with it’s rules does seem to be a lord over their members. When Brittian wishes to leave there is the equilivent of a poison pill which is offered. I think Brittian wishing to leave is reflective of the sentiment of some other of the States/ countries in the E.U.

Trying to get all of Europe on the same page seems a big challenge given history. It can work if the arrangement were more fair. Yet here Brittian has had enough. They may actually be better off leaving. As I recall the descision to join was very turbulent. No surprise then with shifting opinions. I see the E.U. makes all kinds of trade deals which will not help Brittian if they leave as they will not benefit from E.U. trade deals once gone. Now it seems Brittian is under duress.

The only motivation is that leaving the EU would be better once done. Brittian is not a large market compared to the largest ones yet they are very important. It could once again be a major player and the E.U. of course would be a counterbalance to that.

Everyone just has to see how it turns out.

14. Likes Miguels244 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    #2047 Tyrone

"That's not what BBC 5.00 o'clock news is saying. The good news is they haven't actually given them the money yet. Nissan are going to have to re-apply for the money now."

It is good news.
    I can't speak for you but I've always paid my debts.

Regards Tyrone.

16. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    If you join a club, you have to follow the rules of the club. That includes the way that you leave the club...
    Righto..."When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, kindly tell us the rules for leaving?"

Ya think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some traitors may have signed agreements to pay ££££££££££, the same traitors who are trying to keep the UK in the EU, **** them and the EU.

Search the internet for "The EU owes the UK". You will find many learned opinions stating that the EU does owe billions to the UK. You may want to ask why the UK is not attempting to recover these debts.

However it is in the interests of both the UK and other European countries to reach agreement on many long term projects which involve vast amounts of expenditure.

Remove the EU from the equation and there should be fewer problems.

How is the Musk Pedo case going?

The stated aim of the EU is turn existing sovereign states into EU regions. Divide and conquer.
    The indigenes increasingly resent this.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I can't speak for you but I've always paid my debts.

Regards Tyrone.
    Yes but...I can't find it now, but 18months ago(?) there was a report about from the Parliamentary committee who looked into it and said that actually, there was a very good case for the EU to pay the UK...

Yes, pay what your debts and joint projects going forwards.
    Don't pay projects that haven't been started yet, that you won't be allowed to benefit from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Freedom of speech still exists in the UK

Regards Tyrone.
    I do not think it ever has. Not like in the USA anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    Righto..."When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, kindly tell us the rules for leaving?"

Ya think?
    Hang together or we will surely hang separately...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well....we have Hyde Park Corner ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the subject of Brexit, this thread has as many answers as the UK's entire political and governmental systems.

24. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TedinNorfolk View Post
    Well....we have Hyde Park Corner ��
    Wifey and I were staying up near there one weekend, so we had a stroll on a Sunday morning to speakers corner.
    Very amusing and thoroughly recommended if anyone wants to visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    On the subject of Brexit, this thread has as many answers as the UK's entire political and governmental systems.
    I'm not sure about that Sami, I haven't heard any answers I've liked yet.

Regards Tyrone.