Close
Login to Your Account
Page 101 of 228 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    Why do you consider the E.U. with its desires on military power a politicaly correct ideal? Please tell me as to me the E.U. is the opposite
    Put another way would you consider the E.U. righteous if it didn’t allow free travel of people without background checks
    I fundamentally believe in people being citizens of the world and being able to live any place they wish including myself though I’m restricted to Europe until that is possibly denied to me. But if you’re a criminal this should be forfeited.
    I think of the free travel as a key component in the successes of the project.
    The same principle is a key to the USA success.
    It was carefully crafted that there would be no interstate tarrifs and passport control from the beginning.
    Remember that before the constitution it was 13 loosely confederated colonies and interstate taxes and border control were common.

We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Ben Franklin -In the Continental Congress just before signing the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

I have to ask...who decides what a criminal is?
    For a long time a black refugee (escaped slave) was considered a criminal in the north. One of the cited reasons for the southern rebellion was that the North stopped returning these criminals.

What defines a criminal changes over time.

The Mormons actually LEFT the USA to practice polygamy...both to the territory that would become Utah, and a good sized contingent moved to Mexico when part of the deal to become a state was to eliminate polygamy...including Mitt Romney’s family.

Frankly I don’t see any reason the EU shouldn’t have a military if it looks like there are external threats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post

Frankly I don’t see any reason the EU shouldn’t have a military if it looks like there are external threats.
    I do, one country - Germany, it's the EU's political and financial powerhouse ……….. while on the other hand, for many, certain memories are still too fresh.

Apart from anything else the EU doesn't need it's own defence force - we already have NATO, who ''sorted out'' the Balkans

3. Likes pressbrake1, TedinNorfolk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    I do, one country - Germany, it's the EU's political and financial powerhouse ……….. while on the other hand, for many, certain memories are still too fresh.

Apart from anything else the EU doesn't need it's own defence force - we already have NATO, who ''sorted out'' the Balkans
    But NATO just puts you under our thumb.
    Article 5 is why you wound up in Afghanistan (again).

Are you worried Germany would use a multinational military to invade France or Poland?

I would tend to think it would strengthen the cultural and economic ties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you worried Germany would use a multinational military to invade France or Poland?

I would tend to think it would strengthen the cultural and economic ties.
    It doesn't worry me personally Miguel, I was simply passing on what I know of the situation, ….in many folks eyes Germany has too much power, ……….and doesn't have to go invading other countries in order to wield it.

Meanwhile you have Russia on the EU's border, and you never quite know what that KGB thug in the Kremlin is up to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It doesn't worry me personally Miguel, I was simply passing on what I know of the situation, ….in many folks eyes Germany has too much power, ……….and doesn't have to go invading other countries in order to wield it.

Meanwhile you have Russia on the EU's border, and you never quite know what that KGB thug in the Kremlin is up to.
    Hell we don’t know either...no collusion, says trump.
    But I don’t see the us navy doing freedom of navigation exercise in the Sea of Azof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hell we don’t know either...no collusion, says trump.
    But I don’t see the us navy doing freedom of navigation exercise in the Sea of Azof.
    The Royal Navy neither

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And there is the scare tactics of food shortage........large food store chain owners issue joint statement on food shortages .......what chains.....well Aldi and Lidl....both German owned.........and precisely why will brexit cause a stoppage of lettuce imports from Spain.........will the germans and french bring pressure on spain to cease exports to Britain?.....If my mother was still alive,she would be sending food parcels to relatives "over there".....but hang on ,they are in Scotland....and Scotland wants to Scexit from GB......and a tapered exit for sure ,where Scots pay no more taxes to Westminster ,but continue to recieve UK benefit payments for the next 100 years...at least.

9. Likes barbter, adama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Royal Navy neither
    Didn’t know you guys did that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think of the free travel as a key component in the successes of the project.
    The same principle is a key to the USA success.
    It was carefully crafted that there would be no interstate tarrifs and passport control from the beginning.
    Remember that before the constitution it was 13 loosely confederated colonies and interstate taxes and border control were common.

We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Ben Franklin -In the Continental Congress just before signing the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

I have to ask...who decides what a criminal is?
    For a long time a black refugee (escaped slave) was considered a criminal in the north. One of the cited reasons for the southern rebellion was that the North stopped returning these criminals.

What defines a criminal changes over time.

The Mormons actually LEFT the USA to practice polygamy...both to the territory that would become Utah, and a good sized contingent moved to Mexico when part of the deal to become a state was to eliminate polygamy...including Mitt Romney’s family.

A criminal is someone who commits crimes repeatedly in what can be called a professional basis a career criminal if you would or a violent offender , sexual etc
    One repeat problem we have are east European truck drivers liking a tipple whilst on duty. Now you can’t pull the race card over that it’s a cultural no fuck given thing.
    Auto theft is a big east European thing as their home countries don’t care(Czech Republic not included)There was a Russian speaking chop shop just down the road from me
    Technology fraud is a majority east European thing etc
    In some ways the UK was a naive place with crime tourists taking advantage

I know once again you’re trying to politicise what a criminal is
    This is what winds people up

12. Likes barbter, Miguels244 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Article 5 is why you wound up in Afghanistan (again).

Rare earth minerals in the ground such as neodymium (battery technology) is why 'Murrica wanted to take over control.

14. Likes Demon73, pressbrake1 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rated as false...

FACT CHECK: Did Cadbury Candies Eliminate the Word 'Easter'?

Also, does have something to do with brexit as it was cited as a contributing factor by a brexiter.
    Here's a true fact.
    If you look in the shops in ENGLAND, you will see a marked difference of branding in the last couple of years to historic.
    "Chocolate Eggs" seems to now be the norm where historically, "Easter Egg" was plastered in big letters all over it.
    I don't think it is a cost saving exercise because "Chocolate" has more letters than "Easter"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Chairman of " Unipart " was on the radio this morning. The bottom line was that whatever else happens a " No Deal " outcome must be avoided at all costs. It would be disasterous to the motor engineering sector with the resulting knock effect to sub contract manufacturing in the UK.
    He also mentioned the fact that we're leaving just as the EU has signed a new deal with Japan is terrible timing.

In other news " The Times " are reporting that the Government will be asking for their £60 million " sweetener " back from " Nissan " now that the promised " X- Trail " won't be being built in Sunderland after all.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More detail then...80113.
    I knew you would win in the end but I didn't expect to be beaten by the good old 80113. Fancy me not seeing that coming. If only I knew what it meant I would go hide in a corner in shame.

18. Likes adama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Royal Navy neither
    Last I heard what's left of the Royal Navy will be seconded to help with carrying cargoes in the event of a No Deal Brexit. That's the ships we have that are still seaworthy. I was reading that most of a complete new class of destroyer are laid up in Portsmouth with engines that can't cope with hot weather !

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    A criminal is someone who commits crimes repeatedly in what can be called a professional basis a career criminal if you would or a violent offender , sexual etc
    One repeat problem we have are east European truck drivers liking a tipple whilst on duty. Now you can’t pull the race card over that it’s a cultural no fuck given thing.
    Auto theft is a big east European thing as their home countries don’t care(Czech Republic not included)There was a Russian speaking chop shop just down the road from me
    Technology fraud is a majority east European thing etc
    In some ways the UK was a naive place with crime tourists taking advantage

I know once again you’re trying to politicise what a criminal is
    This is what winds people up
    You can say the same about Italy regarding criminal culture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Here's a true fact.
    If you look in the shops in ENGLAND, you will see a marked difference of branding in the last couple of years to historic.
    "Chocolate Eggs" seems to now be the norm where historically, "Easter Egg" was plastered in big letters all over it.
    I don't think it is a cost saving exercise because "Chocolate" has more letters than "Easter"...
    Hmmmm
    I thought you said Easter eggs were banned.
    How about a citation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I knew you would win in the end but I didn't expect to be beaten by the good old 80113. Fancy me not seeing that coming. If only I knew what it meant I would go hide in a corner in shame.
    Which is why I changed my location to the generic Denver (metro).

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 I think of the free travel as a key component in the successes of the project.

#2 I have to ask...who decides what a criminal is?
    For a long time a black refugee (escaped slave) was considered a criminal in the north.

#3 ...including Mitt Romney’s family.

#4 Frankly I don’t see any reason the EU shouldn’t have a military if it looks like there are external threats.
    #1 Travel has not been and will not be a problem. There are neighbours here who moved in the 1970's. Passports worked then and for the UK, we have always had to use them to get in and out of the country.

#2 The law of the land (UK) has had the EU as the final say for a while (European Union Law/Supremacy Law) and after watching Hidden Figures (film) the other month, I didn't realise how modern segregation was.

#3 Isn't Mitt a republican...Hmmmm....your love for the free handout bosom of the Dim Party shines bright Mig...

#4 I do. BAE has just sold the majority of its land vehicle business (tank manufacture) to its German rivals. Although the main investment firm are actually American...
    Too much power corrupts!

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hmmmm
    I thought you said Easter eggs were banned.
    How about a citation.
    If you look at the below, I've citated it (published) for you.
    It has date and time and me saying it.
    Your welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    #1 Travel has not been and will not be a problem. There are neighbours here who moved in the 1970's. Passports worked then and for the UK, we have always had to use them to get in and out of the country.

#2 The law of the land (UK) has had the EU as the final say for a while (European Union Law/Supremacy Law)

#3 Isn't Mitt a republican...Hmmmm....your love for the free handout bosom of the Dim Party shines bright Mig...

#4 I do. BAE has just sold the majority of its land vehicle business (tank manufacture) to its German rivals. Although the main investment firm are actually American...
    Too much power corrupts!
    Funny.
    My preference for the democrats is mostly in their dislike of concentrated economic force...sort of like your dislike of German hegemony.

As for Mittens...he’s an example of concentrated economic force.
    I just find it funny that he and his family wrapped themselves in the flag and claimed moral superiority on the sanctity of marriage.