Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 114
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 114 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I won't be buying any more Swiss watches now the £ isn't worth a carrot.

From what I hear foreign tourists have been buy in up all the " Rolex " watches they can get their hands on in the UK.

The $ v the £ exchange must be great if you're a visitor to Great Britain.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    Think i might try and land the deal with me Kyak and "sail" to - from the great port of Walberswick.
    Best of luck on that one Adam, just like Burnham Market (AKA Chelsea on Sea) Walberswick is full of Nottinghillbillies and other assorted wankers so will be rife with Nimbyism, they won't take kindly to a greasy little oik like you f'kn up their property values.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Think i might try and land the deal with me Kyak and "sail" to - from the great port of Walberswick.

(hay i have the boat and i don't need the place dredged or modified to dock there)

Thinking i can probaly do a round trip a fortnight, so say a £2 million contract to see the rest of the year out?
    Might as well carry along some good paddling moosic....

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2241 jancollc
    "My God, can you even get through one day without accusing millions of people of being racists?"

12640 "contributions" as of now, in c8 years = 4.3 daily.
    One every four hours, seven days a week, if you allow time for sleep.
    A really dedicated racist detector.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I won't be buying any more Swiss watches now the £ isn't worth a carrot.
    Is that bad ? In China's case, everyone likes to scream "Manipulating the currency ! Manipulating the curency ! Unfair trade !"

Maybe you guys will start exporting again, now that you joined the Manipulating the Currency Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Today, the UK and Switzerland have signed an agreement in London to preserve trade relations between their countries regardless of whether the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

So things are finally starting to happen, that's at least one deal. Just need to get a ferry company signed up to ship the stuff we need from there to here Think i might try and land the deal with me Kyak and "sail" to - from the great port of Walberswick.

(hay i have the boat and i don't need the place dredged or modified to dock there)

Thinking i can probaly do a round trip a fortnight, so say a £2 million contract to see the rest of the year out?
    Yep...
    Should have spent the last two years doing this sort of thing instead of thinking that a domestically acceptable solution could be found.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Okay Mig, Educate me on racism if you would please be so kind.

As you've said, a lot of people voted to leave (Brexit) because of the gov forced immigration policy. That said, it's not just the EU's fault as it's very clear that May has done sweet Fanny Adams regarding restrictions.
    And we (UK) were repeatedly told that the immigration is good for the UK because of all the skills that are coming into the country...

Anyway, the ones in charge of the EU (Germany) have a bit of an issue it seems. Like their 32.5 BILLION Euro Refugee Fund will be empty within the next 2 years.

Now, in my opinion people have a right to discuss this kind of thing happening because it's their taxes that are being used to prop this charade up, and as I said back along, it directly affects them as their standard of living lowers (can't get to see a doctor, or schools overloaded etc etc).

So in discussing this sort of thing, is one being racist, or just exercising free speech?
    Just a moment...
    No one said that.
    But if you are saying racist shit...well get used to being called out.

Now, bear in mind, the same language is used by the most odious as cover, so don’t be surprised to be in the same bin unless you figure out a way to differentiate yourself and kick them to the curb.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...So in discussing this sort of thing, is one being racist, or just exercising free speech?
    Just a moment...
    Jesus, that site looks like it's put out by the Aryan Brotherhood.

Even if their numbers are true, the spin is so over-the-top that I wouldn't give them any credit at all. Just look at the other stories they are publishing- those people are idiots.

You can't trust a site like that- you have to fact-check every claim they make, I guarantee 98% of them are either half-truths or just plain BS.

I saw that before I even started reading the article. The headline says it all: "95% of Nonwhite Invaders Remain on Welfare". Really? 95% of non-white invaders?

What is the percentage of "white invaders" on welfare? Did the author even check? Of course not.

That headline is the best the editors could come up with? That is not journalism. It's disgusting.

9. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post

Even if their numbers are true, the spin is so over-the-top that I wouldn't give them any credit at all. Just look at the other stories they are publishing- those people are idiots.

You can't trust a site like that- you have to fact-check every claim they make, I guarantee 98% of them are either half-truths or just plain BS.

I saw that before I even started reading the article. The headline says it all: "95% of Nonwhite Invaders Remain on Welfare". Really? 95% of non-white invaders?

What is the percentage of "white invaders" on welfare? Did the author even check? Of course not.

That headline is the best the editors could come up with? That is not journalism. It's disgusting.
    Hey...
    Good people on both sides remember?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, ignoring the sensational headline...and I can see why that would fire people up...
    But the data does provide links to the .gov sites so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Maybe you guys will start exporting again, now that you joined the Manipulating the Currency Club
    Some of us are. Now its just the case of getting one distributor to pay up, but he will if he wants more bits (hes kinda like that and a paranoid the world is going to end at every financial hurdle sort, but credit were its do he can sure shift stuff) or if he takes many more months think its knee cap time.

Over all trade for me has boomed on the export side, but this last week has been quieter than usual. Not really enough to worry, but enough to raise the question if the recent boom is over? Then again im were i was in a year in the last 10 months. so im about 1/6th up on last year which was up on the year before. So a bit of a slow downs no bad thing. Equally with what i do it often slows a bit some point around this time of year, then picks up again once the weather goes from nasty cold to sort of workable but cool.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, ignoring the sensational headline...and I can see why that would fire people up...
    But the data does provide links to the .gov sites so?
    They do link to the data- my advice would be to read it yourself and see how much truth that story has in it. The language alone should set off alarm bells.

When someone sensationalizes or uses intentionally inflammatory terms, you have to sort out the agenda from the facts. What you can be sure of, is that you are not reading an objective account.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Hey...
    Good people on both sides remember?
    Hey...

There is not a shred of difference between what you post here and that piece.

You and New Observer are just two sides of the same coin.

15. Likes adama, camscan, barbter, PDW liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Over all trade for me has boomed on the export side
    So here's a remainer who is now a leaver ... would be funny if the reality of brexit had changed a lot of people like yourself, so they reran the election and the leave vote was bigger

Also there must be a backlash against the way the goobermint has handled things ... if it were I, I would not dare to have another vote. The result might be worse for the remainers !

Equally with what i do it often slows a bit some point around this time of year, then picks up again once the weather goes from nasty cold to sort of workable but cool.
    I always hated February. Same bills but fewer days to make the money, less work and worse emotionally because everyone is coming off Christmas and the holiday cheer has truly faded, nasty cold weather. Yuck. If I could make it through February I figured I was set for the rest of the year.

17. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okay Mig, Educate me on racism if you would please be so kind.

As you've said, a lot of people voted to leave (Brexit) because of the gov forced immigration policy. That said, it's not just the EU's fault as it's very clear that May has done sweet Fanny Adams regarding restrictions.
    And we (UK) were repeatedly told that the immigration is good for the UK because of all the skills that are coming into the country...

Anyway, the ones in charge of the EU (Germany) have a bit of an issue it seems. Like their 32.5 BILLION Euro Refugee Fund will be empty within the next 2 years.

Now, in my opinion people have a right to discuss this kind of thing happening because it's their taxes that are being used to prop this charade up, and as I said back along, it directly affects them as their standard of living lowers (can't get to see a doctor, or schools overloaded etc etc).

So in discussing this sort of thing, is one being racist, or just exercising free speech?
    Just a moment...
    Immigration/emigration has always been good/bad for countries with many colonies

Empires can be a bitch.

19. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I always hated February. Same bills but fewer days to make the money, less work and worse emotionally because everyone is coming off Christmas and the holiday cheer has truly faded, nasty cold weather. Yuck. If I could make it through February I figured I was set for the rest of the year.
    Over here Jan 31st is big tax bill date for most self employed people too. Add in just after Christmas, shit weather etc, hence its always a odd time of the year. I think right now those factors plus the uncertainty of Brexit, more so than the reality of any Brexit is the bigger issue.

That said global everything seams to have slowed a fair bit, add in 8+ years since last crash and theres kinda really not much to be positive about even if theres not much to be negative about either yet if that makes sense. Short month like you say never ever helps.

Fingers crossed the weather will pick up a bit and maybe a bit of sunshine and the world will kinda come back to life. Sitting here crunching the numbers i should be just fine, just does raise the question about what i should do to expand things. About 70% of my works all for the same kinda industry, hence im kinda getting to be a bit over exposed, probably need to find something else in a bit of a different direction for some independence.

Yes if a new referendum was held, i think its more than possible a lot of the people like myself who were kinda teetering one way or the other may well vote differently, the true colours of the EU has come out and the goverment is also really shown some home truths too. Think its more than fair to say a lot of the current MP's won't get voted back in, think its very fair to say weather leave or remain, few people are going to be too happy with this bunch of clowns of late.

That said, i kinda don't mind too much but i just hope this does not get delayed, the uncertainty is becoming a bigger problem than either theoretical issue.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I deleted the link as it is too much. It is divisive and there is no good cause to expose this link to the forum as it does mention skin color and immigrants and refugees as invaders.

It it reminds me of the extremes I have seen before.

I think it was posted to show the depth of division and extremes bubbling around. I do not believe Barber believes this at all. He posted the link in discussion with Miguels over race. I really do not like when the proper discussions on any issue spiral down into this dark place.

Lets not dangle bait like this because it only falls off the clif.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Over here Jan 31st is big tax bill date for most self employed people too. Add in just after Christmas, shit weather etc, hence its always a odd time of the year. I think right now those factors plus the uncertainty of Brexit, more so than the reality of any Brexit is the bigger issue.

That said global everything seams to have slowed a fair bit, add in 8+ years since last crash and theres kinda really not much to be positive about even if theres not much to be negative about either yet if that makes sense. Short month like you say never ever helps.

Fingers crossed the weather will pick up a bit and maybe a bit of sunshine and the world will kinda come back to life. Sitting here crunching the numbers i should be just fine, just does raise the question about what i should do to expand things. About 70% of my works all for the same kinda industry, hence im kinda getting to be a bit over exposed, probably need to find something else in a bit of a different direction for some independence.

Yes if a new referendum was held, i think its more than possible a lot of the people like myself who were kinda teetering one way or the other may well vote differently, the true colours of the EU has come out and the goverment is also really shown some home truths too. Think its more than fair to say a lot of the current MP's won't get voted back in, think its very fair to say weather leave or remain, few people are going to be too happy with this bunch of clowns of late.

That said, i kinda don't mind too much but i just hope this does not get delayed, the uncertainty is becoming a bigger problem than either theoretical issue.
    Wow this was direct and to the point. Good deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey...

There is not a shred of difference between what you post here and that piece.

You and New Observer are just two sides of the same coin.
    ORLY...
    One advocates supremacy.
    I point out inequality.
    Both freedom of speech, the similarities end there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    ORLY...
    One advocates supremacy.
    I point out inequality.
    Both freedom of speech, the similarities end there.
    You do not point out anything,you dictate. Having said that of course, you should dictate, you know everything,and more.