Page 115 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4543
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    ...Sitting here crunching the numbers i should be just fine, just does raise the question about what i should do to expand things. About 70% of my works all for the same kinda industry, hence im kinda getting to be a bit over exposed, probably need to find something else in a bit of a different direction for some independence.
    Adam,
    FWIW, if you're making a living doing what you're doing but worried about your exposure, slowly bring in other markets.
    But do not drop the ones you have, just dilute them with other work to less expose you.
    The difficulty is how to handle the greater workload, so you'll probably have to find help...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Adam,
    The difficulty is how to handle the greater workload, so you'll probably have to find help...
    Yes, thats kinda were i fucked up before, more work than i can manage, by panicking as soon as the slightest hint of slow down. Inversely if i had continued doing things the way i kinda was 5 ish years ago its a certainty i would not be in as good a situation as i currently am. Getting help is also not really the direction i remotely want to go.

Pulling the one dealer that accounts for about 90% of my agro and bring sales in house is still something im toying with. Sure im certain for a while i will sell less, but equally what i sell can be at a far higher margin and i can be a lot more responsive.

If things remain quieter into later March, yeah its definitely time to explore options. That said i do have some stuff in the works thats been on hold do to so much existing work. Stuff im about 90% sure should sell, just requires more in depth tooling than i have had time to complete of late, one of the processes is also very temperature sensitive, hence waiting and letting things warm up will greatly improve my odds there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    I deleted the link as it is too much. It is divisive and there is no good cause to expose this link to the forum as it does mention skin color and immigrants and refugees as invaders.

It it reminds me of the extremes I have seen before.
    I don't blame you. But its worth adding that there is becoming a significant issue here. Personally i have no qualms with any race - religion, i do have a issue when as is often the case its the immigrants kids (settled first generation off spring) that try to establish sharia law and such here. Which arguably is exactly what there parents were often fleeing. Don't get me wrong the extreme Christians are just as bad in there own way.

Whilst the link is extreme to the point i only glanced at the first bits of it, i will say based on my first hand experience boots on the ground in certain areas here its a lot more of a issue than the mainstream media make out. The media definitely is getting filtered by the Racism card from people like Migules to end up portraying a inaccurate steralised version of events in certain things.

Im not anti immigration either, i think some is important, but it very much has to be at a rate that it molds with and also the locals will mold - adapt too. Excessive and extreme views make it a increasingly large negative for the locals. It also opens things up for the far right too which is just as bad.

Gotta remember a lot of the people that come here do so because of the freedoms that our society has, to then try and use those freedoms to change us into the shit hole you emigrated from seams pretty dumb and worth the locals fighting to resist it from happening.

4. Likes barbter, digger doug, Spinit, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't blame you. But its worth adding that there is becoming a significant issue here. Personally i have no qualms with any race - religion, i do have a issue when as is often the case its the immigrants kids (settled first generation off spring) that try to establish sharia law and such here. Which arguably is exactly what there parents were often fleeing. Don't get me wrong the extreme Christians are just as bad in there own way.

Whilst the link is extreme to the point i only glanced at the first bits of it, i will say based on my first hand experience boots on the ground in certain areas here its a lot more of a issue than the mainstream media make out. The media definitely is getting filtered by the Racism card from people like Migules to end up portraying a inaccurate steralised version of events in certain things.

Im not anti immigration either, i think some is important, but it very much has to be at a rate that it molds with and also the locals will mold - adapt too. Excessive and extreme views make it a increasingly large negative for the locals. It also opens things up for the far right too which is just as bad.

Gotta remember a lot of the people that come here do so because of the freedoms that our society has, to then try and use those freedoms to change us into the shit hole you emigrated from seams pretty dumb and worth the locals fighting to resist it from happening.
    You don’t have to look further than Sweden to see the resultat of excessive immigration. To make matters even worse the political majority is still blind to the fact. It’s only a matter of time before things get very nasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Surely I can't be the only one that finds an immigrant complaining about immigration faintly amusing ?

Regards Tyrone.

7. Likes adama, camscan, Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Surely I can't be the only one that finds an immigrant complaining about immigration faintly amusing ?

Regards Tyrone.
    Yes but IMHO its immigrants like Gordon that tend to enrich there location, hes not trying to make it as his native Scotland and by all accounts he is contributing to the wider society. Thats the bits that turn immigration from a negative to a positive for all concerned.

9. Likes camscan, barbter, pressbrake1, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2286 adama

"Yes but IMHO its immigrants like Gordon that tend to enrich there location, hes not trying to make it as his native Scotland and by all accounts he is contributing to the wider society"

Gordon has been on my ignore list for a couple of years. But since he keeps being quoted there seems to be little point.
    I agree that Gordon is not trying to turn Denmark into Scotland, he is trying to turn North America into Denmark.
    Many of the divisive threads in this section of the PM forum were started by Gordon.

11. Likes Spinit, camscan liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, thats kinda were i fucked up before, more work than i can manage, by panicking as soon as the slightest hint of slow down. Inversely if i had continued doing things the way i kinda was 5 ish years ago its a certainty i would not be in as good a situation as i currently am. Getting help is also not really the direction i remotely want to go.

Pulling the one dealer that accounts for about 90% of my agro and bring sales in house is still something im toying with. Sure im certain for a while i will sell less, but equally what i sell can be at a far higher margin and i can be a lot more responsive.

If things remain quieter into later March, yeah its definitely time to explore options. That said i do have some stuff in the works thats been on hold do to so much existing work. Stuff im about 90% sure should sell, just requires more in depth tooling than i have had time to complete of late, one of the processes is also very temperature sensitive, hence waiting and letting things warm up will greatly improve my odds there.
    Selling for yourself can obviously give you more profits for the same turnover, or the same profit for less turnover.
    Good luck with what you decide to do - you have your head screwed on right.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    You don’t have to look further than Sweden to see the resultat of excessive immigration. To make matters even worse the political majority is still blind to the fact. It’s only a matter of time before things get very nasty.
    3rd world country status by 2030. So who does it benefit? Why did the gov think it a good idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not really.
    It’s just that the incidence is low.
    So the reporting is low.
    There are about 5 bad blocks in my city...should the whole city be painted with that brush?
    In truth the bad is often over reported because a stabbing is more news worthy than an entire block having its walks shoveled by 10 am.
    Blood leas.

We have a saying here which stems from when desegregation took effect.
    “There goes the neighborhood”.

What is happening over there isn’t so much immigration, it’s a refuge flow.
    The few thousand we see here in a caravan are the same thing.

15. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, mainstream media is full of one sided BS. But look at who funds it all.
    I don't know if our American friends actually realise just how bad some of Europe now is.
    Also, I don't think anyone is against controlled immigration, or genuine refugees (not the fake organised ferry collection trips that's been happening).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting help is also not really the direction i remotely want to go.
    Here's a few willing, legal, hard workers for you.....

I think we've hashed this out before, the tall one is Limy,
    the short one Camscan, but I don't know about the one with the pipes....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails walmart-.jpg   scottish-minion_delegation.jpg  
    Last edited by digger doug; 02-12-2019 at 12:27 PM.

19. Likes barbter, Spinit, adama, camscan, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wider factors in a economy

The wider factors which effect manufacturing are a valid concern. Often we trail off a bit here and there and from time to time reflect a view which is a bit out there.

I see what is sold to Europe in regard to free Immagration which really means turning a blind eye to Illegal Immagration which benefits companies when they pay low wages having a workforce to choose from to keep things producing.

I propose that overall all sides of the issue like things as they are - at least a voting majority. The jobs in Congress are not endangered of being outsourced. Fact. See how crazy elected representatives behave, that once voted in they do not reflect being a representative of the people. They follow their own agenda what they said to get elected is the only measure we have to complain and still then we are stuck with them for their term.

Manufacturing issues related to manufacturing in Europe and America connected with the steady or explosive Immagration reality is a real factor to our trade.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know if our American friends actually realise just how bad some of Europe now is.
    Also, I don't think anyone is against controlled immigration, or genuine refugees (not the fake organised ferry collection trips that's been happening).

I have spoken to relatives who are from Europe. I often have at times from what they have said that I felt they should move to the United States for security. I believe the United States is a much better environment. We are one country and so the immigrants are much more assimilated here. The historical divisions of countries provides a tenderbox whereas the US has always been able to keep the peace and the Union. It is strong and we fought over the issue coming out on the other side of unity and love of country after our civil war.

22. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Worried you’ll turn out like Palestine?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy?
    What Gordon sees is a problem not triggered by the self fulfilling prophesy argument. In Germany where there was so many German women raped by Immigrant and refugee men who were allowed in proves that point. These women did not fulfill the self fulfilling prophesy scenario. The results seen did not start within the native Europeans. It is a problem wherever you go. The self fulfilling prophesy thing can be used to blame those who are victimized in Europe, America, and the world.

To funtion economies which include the manufacturing industries will better grow without being diminished by factors such as a huge influx of non citizens.

25. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Be careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes but IMHO its immigrants like Gordon that tend to enrich there location, hes not trying to make it as his native Scotland and by all accounts he is contributing to the wider society. Thats the bits that turn immigration from a negative to a positive for all concerned.
    Yes you're right but I would argue that lots of immigrants are like Gordon and just want to make their way in the country of adoption.
    I dare say Gordon celebrates Hogmanay and Burns Night but what is wrong with that ? If Scotland are playing Denmark in the World Cup he'll be supporting Scotland I presume ? Again what is wrong with that ?

My late Father in law lived out in Spain for 40 years, he could read and speak Spanish fluently, had a Spanish keyboard on his lap top and for all intents and purposes lived like a Spaniard. However if Glasgow Celtic were playing Barcelona he'd go down to the local bar and give the Barca fans plenty of grief.

I'm trying to learn Spanish because when we have our extended breaks out in Spain it's good to be able to interact with our neighbour's. You see series on TV over here regarding " Bargain Loving Brits Abroad " and loads of Brits go to Southern Spain to live. Funnily enough we don't call them emigrants, they're " Ex-pats ". Most of them live in enclaves down by the coast. Lots of them can barely speak a word of Spanish and they live exactly in the manner they would back in the UK. " Full English Breakfast ", " Pints of Bitter " etc . Ring any bells ?

Regards Tyrone.

28. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My worry is not so much turning out like Palestine or Israel, my problem is were turning ever larger parts into a land like the border that divides those countries and that is the real problem. Its NOT what they believe, its they don't also believe there next door neighbor is FREE to believe in what they wish and that causes big problems and the divides in those areas.

Freedom of expression and believe has to be reasonably equal for all, even if you do believe the other side is wrong, you have to accept that they have as much right to be wrong as you do to be right if that makes sense. Or the uglier far more extreme side of Miguel's concerns comes to be.

30. Likes barbter, hanermo liked this post