Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 2,381 to 2,383 of 2383
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On Honda leaving the UK.

If they moved to an EU country then it would be a Brexit "thing" but they aren't. To me they are doing exactly the same as Trump is doing in the USA. They're putting "Japan first" and taking production back to Japan.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I'm not getting involved in your "discussion" with Mig but, although you claimed to have no dog in the race, your points seem very one sided.
    So correct me- that's what I was asking for. I had no intention of even having a "discussion" with Miguel. I should have ignored him.

If the UK could leave without any commitment or honouring agreements then there might as well be a swing door and countries could come and go as they pleased. Could a US state just leave the union without consequences?
    The UK doesn't want to leave that way. They want a friendly trading relationship, security cooperation, etc. They want to make commitments, but they want to have some sovereign control too. They should honor agreements, and so should the EU.

Do the countries of the EU consider themselves as tightly bound as the States in the US?

We don't have secession language in our Constitution, the EU Treaty isn't really the same thing is it?

The US has exited treaties under the terms of the treaty in the past.

Why even are we all guessing? In less that 1½ months we'll know and in the meantime there's f*ck all we can do about it. Both the EU and the UK will lose (certainly short term) so the only real issue is who loses most.
    I hear a lot of blame tossing at the Brits, but I just think there is enough to go around. The UK did very little to implement an orderly Brexit and the EU did less.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I hear a lot of blame tossing at the Brits, but I just think there is enough to go around. The UK did very little to implement an orderly Brexit and the EU did less.
    I don't believe I'm one of those that have "tossed" blame at the British population but I do firmly believe that if blame is to be tossed then the UK parliament and its politicians have screwed up big time and have the bulk of any blame.

If you don't agree then we just agree to disagree.

None of us was privy to what actually was discussed between the UK and the EU just as you aren't privy to most of what goes on in the White House. The "truth" (or facts if you will) depends on who is telling.

If things get sorted out then great. If not then "que sera, sera" as they say in China

4. Likes jancollc liked this post