Page 152 of 266 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 5306
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    True, BOTOH, just think, there are powerful folk in Westminster, Capitol Hill, Brussels the Bundestag, Kremlin, plus the IMF and UN absolutely kakking their strides over what a bunch of machinists think.
    They're not worried about the likes of me or you.
    But the one in Denmark has them worried...

2. Likes Mrs Clarke, adama, camscan, Demon73, Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sami the only way the RAF can help is to strap a JDAM inertial guidance kit to her and drop her down mackerels chimney! Bit of luck we can solve 2 problems for one that way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Worth adding all the international outcry about the Venezuela mess its even more ironic if they think they can chose to ignore the referendum result! Its a slippery slope of precedents that are going to happen one way or another in the next couple of weeks thats for sure.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I could understand it if the half that voted to stay in the EU were the ones going nuts but it's those that voted to leave that are going bananas.

I can see a fantastic follow up to "Yes Minister" and "Yes Prime Minister" on the horizon.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I could understand it if the half that voted to stay in the EU were the ones going nuts but it's those that voted to leave that are going bananas.
    Are you slow or something, Gordon ? The people who voted "leave" expected to see that happen. Now here it is two weeks shy of two years and nothing substantive has been done. What has been done is pretty obviously a charade.

I'd be pissed too.

17.4 million, adama ? That's about five million less than the city of Shanghai

7. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Are you slow or something, Gordon ? The people who voted "leave" expected to see that happen. Now here it is two weeks shy of two years and nothing substantive has been done. What has been done is pretty obviously a charade.

I'd be pissed too.

17.4 million, adama ? That's about five million less than the city of Shanghai
    I learnt a long while ago that what you can " expect " to get and what you actually get in politics are two entirely separate issues.

Barking at the moon won't solve anything.

Regards Tyrone.

9. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Are you slow or something, Gordon ?
    I'm slow? LOL At least I know where I live and can find home with no problem.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=adama;3326587 Gotta remember this is the not overly dissimilar to whats kicked off the problems in Venezuela. Ignore do process, fudge votes and the world crys fowl.[/QUOTE]

Jeez. Similar to Venezuela?

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post

The other thing thats really pissed me off is all the coverage about the ex British ISIS bitch that got pregnant a long time after leaving here and the kid dieing, sure i don't wish the kid any harm, but some one that fights against my country and chose to marry someone also fighting and trying to kill people in my country, well i don't see how that makes the kid British when he was conceived significantly after her departing these shores to pledge allegiance else were?
    From what I read, there's actually no proof of any of "her babies". There was a few staged photos for the media but she could have borrowed the baby, and did refer to it a couple of times as "it".

The bigger thing is this is spread across the news in 3x countries - there is another "returnee" in both the USA and one in Canada.
    So they are virtually the exact same stories all at the same time, just in different countries with a different token kid.
    Damn that's a co-incidence...

Edit - Oh, and Ireland have also got one "of their own" in the news too wanting to come home.
    Deliver the lot of them to Assad and let him deal with them. They went to his country and fought against him...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok i only got a D in Geography, but im pretty sure not too many of thoes 17.4 million have to pass through there. on way to the houses of commons. Equally my understanding of gun owner ship there leaves me to believe theirs probably not enough ammo to stop thoes numbers there either. Sure making it across texas may be different, but in the uk, a major uprising would be interesting, I don't believe with out millatery intervention they could stop us. I don't believe the millatery here would fight 17.4 million of us to stop us either.

I think democratically elected leaders need to realize there in the position they are because of some pretty bloody civil wars in most instances, they would be seriously naive to think that could not reoccur here if they want to keep playing the power grab game.

Like i say how ever this now goes down im pretty certain its going to end in severe violence just down to the Ireland issue alone. Love to be proved wrong, but i can not see a lot of people accepting any outcome, then like my self there's thoes that are more concerned if the vote outcome is ignored than merely what it was on. Gotta remember this is the not overly dissimilar to whats kicked off the problems in Venezuela. Ignore do process, fudge votes and the world crys fowl.
    If Brexit doesn't happened they'll just carry on moaning into their beer down at the club.

Years ago I used to be a shop steward. I was getting lots of issues from members to take to the management. Some were valid complaints but a lot were trivial. I mentioned this to the Convenor ( chief shop steward ) one day.
    He gave me a great piece of advice.

He said " The next time somebody comes to you with a trivial complaint just say to them - Come on, me and you, we'll go and see the management together regarding this issue."

I started to do that and the number of times the guy said " Well it's not that important really Tyrone, just mention it if you happen to see somebody will you " was amazing. 75&% of the complaints ended up like that.

Regards Tyrone.

14. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post

I started to do that and the number of times the guy said " Well it's not that important really Tyrone, just mention it if you happen to see somebody will you " was amazing. 75&% of the complaints ended up like that.

Regards Tyrone.
    My 'ol man reckons that most people are "all mouth and no trousers"

I just read that it looks like May will change tomorrows vote because she knows she's going to loose again.
    From a "meaningful vote" to an "advisory vote".

Does anyone know if she can just go rogue and sign/agree to a Brexit extension without having to get it passed through Parliament?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Does anyone know if she can just go rogue and sign/agree to a Brexit extension without having to get it passed through Parliament?
    My understanding is, regardless of whether she asks on her own behalf or after a majority vote, it requires the consent of all 27 other EU countries to grant the extension.

Going to be interesting no matter what. Fortunately we're in a no-lose position on this one.

PDW

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just saw this in another place:-

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    If Brexit doesn't happened they'll just carry on moaning into their beer down at the club.
    That may have been true, but if the yellow jackets in France are anything to go by that may be changing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That may have been true, but if the yellow jackets in France are anything to go by that may be changing.
    The French have a long history of " revolting ", we don't.

Regards Tyrone.

20. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nah, Tyrone's right, ………and don't think actually leaving the EU will stop the Brexitiers moaning either.

22. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nah, Tyrone's right, ………and don't think actually leaving the EU will stop the Brexitiers moaning either.
    Yup.
    Because even if there is proper Brexit, you have to then have a leader and a gov who then wants to drive the country in the right direction that best suits the country.
    And with the gov and opposition that we have, and the one sided public service too, I expect the only driving there will be is straight back to the bosom of mother Merkel...

24. Likes adama, Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope he is right, but i think you may find the younger generations are changing there point of view to some degree. Peoples attitudes are not what they were 30 years ago. I see more and more of the bellow kinda views - actions in the real world.

YouTuber Jack Harries: 'Climate change protests were worth arrest' - BBC News

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    1. Because even if there is proper Brexit, you have to then have a leader and a gov who then wants to drive the country in the right direction that best suits the country.

2. And with the gov and opposition that we have, and the one sided public service too, I expect the only driving there will be is straight back to the bosom of mother Merkel...
    ad 1. Government? As things are at present clue me into who you think could form a majority government and with which parties? What in your opinion is "the right direction" and would any majority agree with you?

ad 2. Germany is the largest and richest country in the EU but why do you keep on about Merkel as if she runs it? Look at how many politicians each EU country has in the EU parliament. Which EU countries has the UK worked and cooperated with to get a majority? That's what counts. It'd be nice if you and some others would learn some facts and not what you seem to be brainwashed into believing.

The old "When you point a finger 3 are pointing back at you" is apt. You've made the mess you're in all by yourselves. I suggest you sort it out yourselves without trying to blame others.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope he is right, but i think you may find the younger generations are changing there point of view to some degree. Peoples attitudes are not what they were 30 years ago. I see more and more of the bellow kinda views - actions in the real world.

YouTuber Jack Harries: 'Climate change protests were worth arrest' - BBC News
    I wonder if he ever licked a lamp post in winter...