Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    So buy qty (2) tickets......
    At those odds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dunno and it maybe just me.
    But don't you think there's a little too much drama going here and we're being just a tad over the top?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    If you didn't feel you have to give negative comments to my posts you might in fact elaborate. It is possible.

"I find it pays to read up before I post what I" do.

However, there are two provisions that trigger an election other than at five year intervals:
    a motion of no confidence is passed in Her Majesty's Government by a simple majority and 14 days elapses without the House passing a confidence motion in any new Government formed
    a motion for a general election is agreed by two thirds of the total number of seats in the Commons including vacant seats (currently 434 out of 650)

It would help if you checked before you posted. I'd have thought the situation the UK has been brought into could come under "certain circumstances".
    You would have thought,fine, you would have thought,what you would have thought is exactly that,what you would have thought, nothing more.
    Are you thinking? from a Danish point of view or a Portuguese point of view?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I dunno and it maybe just me.
    But don't you think there's a little too much drama going here and we're being just a tad over the top?
    You are not alone mate, ……...BOTOH, it is the Daily Mirror, which IIRC has always been an anti Tory and anti Brexit paper,

5. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Are you thinking? from a Danish point of view or a Portuguese point of view?
    Scottish which is why he's hard to understand sometimes LoL

7. Likes adama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So here's the latest from Robert Peston (now). It is many consecutive tweets so I grabbed them and put them in the one doc.
    It outlines what the EU plan is for us...and also a bit of possible cheer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg   capture1-2-.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So here's the latest from Robert Peston (now). It is many consecutive tweets so I grabbed them and put them in the one doc.
    It outlines what the EU plan is for us...and also a bit of possible cheer!
    Possibly so and quite interesting, BOTOH I'd trust what that bottle nosed f'kpig says less than I believe in Santa.

10. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How does a U.K. survive a Brexit without a King on the throne of England? I'd think Ireland may have some words to say. And maybe a few other countries that wear a grey wig have thoughts about that too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Possibly so and quite interesting, BOTOH I'd trust what that bottle nosed f'kpig says less than I believe in Santa.
    Yeh I know - but he is "just reporting" from there - there's similar things all being said so...

Apparently the chief whip has been roaming around parliament today telling everyone who would listen that Mays speech was "appalling".

The FT is reporting now that she's "made her mind up yesterday and she is willing to take the UK out of the EU".
    She may have changed her mind since though...

And I just grabbed a screen shot - bottom up reading.
    Mays authority and credibility in question?!?! The cheek of it.
    And they're all discussing round a lap top the way forwards. So at least they have a plan!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All this is still only preamble and static, ……….I've a feeling in my water the latter part of next week is when we'll see the real action.

14. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All this is still only preamble and static, ……….I've a feeling in my water the latter part of next week is when we'll see the real action.
    You've been saying all along that it's all about the final hour...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by G code View Post
    How does a U.K. survive a Brexit without a King on the throne of England? I'd think Ireland may have some words to say. And maybe a few other countries that wear a grey wig have thoughts about that too?
    She has this rare thing called moral integraty and a country that will actually still respect and follower her , pretty strange concept for a yank to grasp i know , a leader that at least semi gives a shit about there people and acts reasonably sane . Not changeing sides as fast as he can hunt and peck type the next tweet!

17. Likes Limy Sami, Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You've been saying all along that it's all about the final hour...
    Undoubtedly, just whens that hour going to be because it aint looking like 22-23:00 on the 29th of march 2019 right now!

19. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    Undoubtedly, just whens that hour going to be because it aint looking like 22-23:00 on the 29th of march 2019 right now!
    Ah' …..now if you could answer that Adam, you could give up machining for a living

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah' …..now if you could answer that Adam, you could give up machining for a living
    I thought he had by the amount of time he spends on the forum

22. Likes Limy Sami, adama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You wicked sod

24. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last couple of weeks of best ever year, Have literally been telling customers to call back in April as im done earning any more money to pay fucking tax on! The clowns can work out a way of making there own fucking money for a couple of weeks! If they keep up the current shit show too i can assure you im going to be turning a profit very slightly over my tax free allowance at most next year! Im done funding morons!!!!!! Im done blowing up insurgents in Afghanistan with 80K missiles, they want to spend big, great but not of my work!

Various people have various views on this strategy, but then you gotta remember im not 100% sane (in case you had not realized) and in previous years have gone as far as drilling my own fucking bore hole just to fuck off the water board (i pay £5 a month water and the same sewerage now, down from about £30 a month) Fuck me off and i will go out of my way to no longer need you!

So yeah, this last few weeks and next week are holiday and just don't give a fuck time. Equally i have been working on solving a lot of the remaining finer details on the gang tooled lathe. Really need to get that running soon! Based on what i have spent on it, so long as it can churn out about £50 profit a year it will massively outperform what i would have got putting thoes funds in a pension, some of the parts its destined to spit out should be bringing in nearer that a hour in profit. Goal in coming years is to try and go more into the machining side and leave the pain in the ass fab stuff alone. Just doing the easier fab stuff, whilst playing hungry hungry hipo like games keeping the lathe dropping off parts. Fundamentally can't grow the fab side any more as i just can't stand any more hours of the day to bend or weld shit in.

April the 1st, yeah i gotta get my finger out my ass and go back to work. Do to the current political shit storm im very much planning next 12 months or so as getting some alternative income sources rolling, still making bits, but bits that are using very different processes and trying to crack small 2 part resin and polyurethane castings amungst other things. Got some really neat little assemblies on the horizon involving a mix of cast polymer parts, laser cut metal, custom rivets, springs etc, kinda stuff only a mad man like me would contemplate even attempting to reproduce and im damn near certain theres a big market for it based on other parts i make that go in the same direction! Goal by 2030 is to be making parts no one else on the planet can possibly contemplate how they can compete with me with out spending 6 figures on custom mold tooling.

Sorry rambling, really should go to bed!

26. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah no idea but i will happily wager you one of these new plastic fiver thingies its not 22-23:00 on the 29/3/2019 if you will take the bet! If you win and it was then, may pay to spend it fast, as it might not be worth the plastic its molded out of by 23:30 on the 29/3/2019