Login to Your Account
Page 203 of 212 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4229
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Without a significant majority for leave or remain either in parliament or in the population no deal is going to work. More so because many of the politicians on both sides of the argument are only interested in their careers over the next couple of years instead of the long term future of the country.

2. Likes lionelt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    So Corbyn gets an egg thrown at him, and the guy who threw it gets 28 days charged with assault.
    The guy who threw the milkshake at Farage is a Corbyn lover (apparently) - so we'll see if he gets charged with assault and also given 28 days.
    They say he's been charged The Man Who Threw A Milkshake Over Nigel Farage Has Been Charged With Assault

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I won't
    And I don't want "her deal" to be passed. I'd sooner see revoke.
    So would I mate - as you know.
    Last edited by Limy Sami; 05-21-2019 at 07:35 AM.

5. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Yabutt !

Eggs are all the same....What flavor was the milkshake ?

7. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

British Steel on verge of going bust ,already had L100 million govt money,needs L60 million more ...for Brexit related difficulties.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Yabutt !

Eggs are all the same....What flavor was the milkshake ?
    According to the BBC:-

Paul Crowther, 32, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake.

10. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake.

So toxic waste it was.....

12. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like Mrs Mays ''new and final offer'' is dead in the water before its voted on Brexit: PM says MPs have 'one last chance' to back her deal - BBC News ……………..and the pundits say the party is ''manouvering'' to get her out before it's voted on in June

Personally? ...I think she's engineered it this way, ...this is her way of her personally getting out from under, ……..as in she can't deliver Brexit - which she said she would, (hasn't got the votes to carry the deal) and being a remainer, deep down she can't leave with no deal, ………...and as a life long public servant she can't / won't walk out on the job (no matter how hopeless the situation!!!) so she's baiting ''them'' to sack her, ……...so she can say ''I did my best''

FWIW;- In the latest deal there's an offer for parliament to vote on a 2nd referendum, ................looking long term - as in past Mrs Mays departure ???????????????? I think this is all towards revoking article 50.

FWIW 2;- Changing Tory party leader (and by default prime minister) in the hope of getting a Brexit acceptable to all parties, will be as effective as a fart in a force 9.

PS And if you don't know what I mean by Force 9 Beaufort scale - Wikipedia

14. Likes barbter, TedinNorfolk liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    British Steel on verge of going bust ,already had L100 million govt money,needs L60 million more ...for Brexit related difficulties.
    Buuuuuttttt this doesn't *really* add up...I mean it REALLY doesn't add up!
    Last month they borrowed 100mill from the gov to pay its EU carbon tax (or risk a steep fine) - to repeat, the EU carbon tax...
    They said they've been hit by a continued weak £ (gubmint devaluation?) and the continuing US/China trade war...
    Last week the owners sent round an email saying all was okay.
    Last Thursday they made an announcement that they have the required monies while they search for a permanent solution.
    This week (only a few days later) - no bueno.

However, the multi millionaires vulture capitalist company that bought British steel from TATA in 2016 for £1, are charging the company £20mill per year in "fees and interest"....while having their hand out and putting the company into administration.

Yeh, Brexit...

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For our friends in the rest of the world:-

Specifically, it's because the EU blocked British companies from getting carbon/CO2 emissions allowances (based on historical emissions) at the end of last year in preparation for a no-deal brexit (to stop companies from selling carbon credits covering emissions after brexit (If I've got it right). They are still liable for the carbon tax that those allowances help offset. This leaves them with an unexpected bill that is the result of brexit, whoever is to blame for it.

They do seem to have a few more underlying problems as well. Anyone want to buy a few million tonnes of railroad line or RSJs (what the plant makes)?

17. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sad to see British Steel left to suffer and perhaps go under. It is of strategic value and deserves the needed supports.

Here in the US there is the effort to protect this resource. USS is investing now.

USS expands.

U.S. Steel to spend $1 billion on Mon Valley Works | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

“Tariffs on foreign imports of steel, imposed by President Donald Trump in March 2018, gave U.S. mills a competitive boost and lifted steel prices. It led to a dramatic turnaround: U.S. Steel’s profits in 2018 reached $1.1 billion, after the company lost $1.5 billion in 2015.”

It takes commitment and clear vision to actually protect this critical infrastructure. Yes it is controversial because it is the President doing this protection. The US has been effected by dumping of Steel and Aluminum for decades and our industry suffered decline from it to the extent that it became a security issue.

One can disagree with the idea / reasons of the tariffs levied of course. Seems that our advantage in energy compliments such growth using state of the art equipment. I am glad to see it.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes ,I read the carbon tax detail,but to me the whole thing says just......this is why everyone hates the EU...except the 100,000 seat polishers who dream up this incredible crap.

20. Likes TedinNorfolk liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    More so because many of the politicians on both sides of the argument are only interested in their careers over the next couple of years instead of the long term future of the country.
    Lord Balfour, Lord Salisbury, heck, half the House of Lords under Victoria predicted exactly that situation

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

However, the multi millionaires vulture capitalist company that bought British steel from TATA in 2016 for £1, are charging the company £20mill per year in "fees and interest"....while having their hand out and putting the company into administration.

Yeh, Brexit...

With British Steel in Liquidation, and today's erm ………... Tory Party shenanigans? ;- your thoughts oh omnipotent master.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump shows the way out.......tariffs to equalize labour costs,use the money generated from tariffs and the surplus steel to build a world class war machine.Im waiting for someone here to see sense.......tariff barriers to all low wage imports...we have the coal, iron ,minerals and energy to build the greatest power in the region.........all the young wasting their lives as uber drivers and amazon pickers put to work in the new replacement industries .We start by banning import of all wind and solar generation,and make it here.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With British Steel in Liquidation, and today's erm ………... Tory Party shenanigans? ;- your thoughts oh omnipotent master.
    HA!

I watched the 2 part BBC4 documentary last night (it's only on catchup for a couple more weeks)- the behind the scenes Brexit doc where a chap followed mad-dog Verhofstadt around with a camera.
    Barnier came across to me mostly professional. He did admit the backstop was effectively a trap - "they sign now and we use it to negotiate against them later"...but then that's his job isn't it. Cus May's shit for brains and can't see through it, doesn't mean it's bad
    Verhofstadt came across as someone who just wants his job.
    May and the Brits came across as a bunch of 'tards. David Davis (Brexit secretary) hadn't been to the EU for 3 months said Barnier in criticism. That said, I had read that Olly Robbins had kept him out of negotiations.
    Initially, they wanted to negotiate a deal and I genuinely believed they weren't afraid of a no-deal out. Early on.
    Raab wanted to make a name and tried to negotiate but got shut down and was even told "no" by Olly Robbins.
    May went over there to sign up to their agreement and she was asked what Arlene Foster (DUP) thought about it, to which she replied "I haven't discussed it with her". Arlene said "no" and the EU were pissing themselves about it, because of no UK preparation.

Disjointed, unprofessional, couldn't manage an under 12's football team in a park using jumpers for goal posts.
    The UK gov is the laughing stock.
    I think ultimately they bottled it. Lost all sense of where they were going and got cold feet and were like rabbits in a headlight.

As for the home front...the tories are well on the way to a couple of generations of self obliteration.
    We'll see tomorrow just how popular Brexit party is, but with Heseltine and George Osborne publicly voting for the Lib Dims with no party repercussion, they have lost all discipline and control.

Doc sums it up best Marty...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

25. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Trump shows the way out.......tariffs to equalize labour costs,use the money generated from tariffs and the surplus steel to build a world class war machine.Im waiting for someone here to see sense.......tariff barriers to all low wage imports...we have the coal, iron ,minerals and energy to build the greatest power in the region.........all the young wasting their lives as uber drivers and amazon pickers put to work in the new replacement industries .We start by banning import of all wind and solar generation,and make it here.
    Sounds like a recipe for a lot more immigration, ………...AKA the modern equivalent of the £10 Pom

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like a recipe for a lot more immigration, ………...AKA the modern equivalent of the £10 Pom
    You'd have to pay me a lot more than £10 to get me to emigrate there.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No ,you have to pay 10 quid to come here........next door neighbour was 10 pound pom...now he s 97 ,still driving and still working.he reckons if he stayed the Leeds climate would have killed him 30 years ago.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    You'd have to pay me a lot more than £10 to get me to emigrate there.

Regards Tyrone.
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!!