Page 211 of 213 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lionelt View Post
    Neil Kinnock.

quote from WalesOnlne

Lord Kinnock has described how he changed his mind on Europe as a member of a party that once wanted Britain to pull out of the union.
    The former Labour leader, who went on to become an EU commissioner, was an opponent of membership of the Common Market in the 1975 referendum.
    So is it wrong to change your mind?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Neil Kinnock.

quote from WalesOnlne

Lord Kinnock has described how he changed his mind on Europe as a member of a party that once wanted Britain to pull out of the union.
    The former Labour leader, who went on to become an EU commissioner, was an opponent of membership of the Common Market in the 1975 referendum.
    There's much more to that story. Do you even know who Kinnock's son is married to?

The EU isn't perfect but, to me at least, there are many more advantages than disadvantages.

European Union - Wikipedia

United we stand, divided we fall.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    So is it wrong to change your mind?
    Everyone is allowed to change their mind.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You too?

Or should that be "You too" with no question mark.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    You too?

Or should that be "You too" with no question mark.

What are we discussing?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What are we discussing?
    You opened the door with your post #4194 and in post #4203 were still going.

I'm trying to figure out why you believe what you do.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think I'd change my mind if the gravy train was to stop at my door
    Kinnock's PS10 MILLION Pay Off and the EU SECRET BANK ACCOUNTS - christophereverard.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It just keeps getting better, we've just found out our new Prime Minister - AKA the person who represents the UK on the world stage etc etc etc, is going to be chosen by a maximum of 125,000 people ** (aka Tory party members)

It seems the UK electorate of 46.8 million (or minus the Tory's 125 k = 46.475 million) don't get a say!

Ref Electoral Commission | 2. The size of the electoral register

Ain't democracy fucking wonderful!

** Many of whom (and I've been bollocked on PM for this before!) firmly believe Atilla the Hun, Gengis Kahn and Joseph Stalin were a bunch of softees, ……...while the only other viable (as in NOT Farage) mainstream option are a bunch of Marxist anti semites (or is that anti semite Marxists), …………. who by the time they've finished with the country it will make Venezuela's economy look like Germanys
    Last edited by Limy Sami; 06-10-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You opened the door with your post #4194 and in post #4203 were still going.

I'm trying to figure out why you believe what you do.
    Ah this - “Politicians who are voted out in their home countries can often look for well-paid jobs in the EU.”

There are a few, Junkers comments about Merkel being up for an important job in the EU is one that comes to mind.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah this - “Politicians who are voted out in their home countries can often look for well-paid jobs in the EU.”

There are a few, Junkers comments about Merkel being up for an important job in the EU is one that comes to mind.
    Remember when Tony Bloody Blair really really really wanted to be the EU President (a post that never existed, and he wanted it specially made for him)?
    Well I read the other day that there's a lot of traction to make Macron "King" of the EU. Another made up position, which maybe is the reason they want the 39 billion...

Calm down Sami - we knew it would be a toff that they elect.
    And LMAO @ Comrade Corbyn turning the economy over.
    Have you got it the right way around?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Remember when Tony Bloody Blair really really really wanted to be the EU President (a post that never existed, and he wanted it specially made for him)?
    Well I read the other day that there's a lot of traction to make Macron "King" of the EU. Another made up position, which maybe is the reason they want the 39 billion...

Calm down Sami - we knew it would be a toff that they elect.
    And LMAO @ Comrade Corbyn turning the economy over.
    Have you got it the right way around?
    My Bold Italic I think so, - (in case you didn't know Venezuela's economy is beyond f'kd)

On the subject of the new PM, ……… I'm getting the feeling in my water that Boris is looking for a way out, ……..cos whoever gets the job will be as f'kd as Mrs May was (is?) , …………..and I've got the feeling that above everything else, Boris Johnson's ego couldn't live with being ''universally unpopular'' ….....he likes making mischief, loving the ''oh that's just Boris being Boris'' but the top job with all the crap and not to mention the constant Tory party infighting? ..I say nah.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chancellor Merkel has done, for the most part, an excellent job for Germany and in fact has been chancellor since 2005. You don't get to that length of time by being incompetent.

"In October 2018, Merkel announced that she would not seek reelection as leader of the CDU at the party convention in December 2018 and as Chancellor in 2021."

She's always been very pro EU so why wouldn't she be considered for a top job within the EU? With a doctorate she isn't exactly stupid either.

I've honestly no objection to you posting what you do but I wish, when you make the statements you do, check your facts a little more carefully.

This is where I feel I have to repeat that I'm not fanatically pro EU but better to be in than out.

13. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    My Bold Italic I think so, - (in case you didn't know Venezuela's economy is beyond f'kd)

On the subject of the new PM, ……… I'm getting the feeling in my water that Boris is looking for a way out, ……..cos whoever gets the job will be as f'kd as Mrs May was (is?) , …………..and I've got the feeling that above everything else, Boris Johnson's ego couldn't live with being ''universally unpopular'' ….....he likes making mischief, loving the ''oh that's just Boris being Boris'' but the top job with all the crap and not to mention the constant Tory party infighting? ..I say nah.
    It makes sense and I do wonder...and it takes me back to the piece I read just after Cameron was summoned by Merkel to meet her, Holland (France) Italy PM and Juncker, the day after the Brexit result in 2016 (worth repeating that SHE summoned Cameron, not Juncker and only the big countries were there - not all 27...)
    Remember Cameron was going to stay on and Boris was in all the papers running his mouth.
    After that meeting, Cameron announced he was going and Boris went to ground for months.
    I read Merkel told Cameron that in no way was Boris to be his replacement.
    Which opened the door for the establishments lap dog May to replace him.

(Currently) according to the Guardian, the EU is deeply critical of both Raab and Boris. Raab being ex Brexit secretary who stood up and questioned Barnier (which he didn't like - ref the BBC4 documentary posted a few pages back), and Boris being Boris
    I think they (EU) would welcome anyone else as Conservative leader because they're effectively May2.0

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think they (EU) would welcome anyone else as Conservative leader because they're effectively May2.0
    I don't think the EU (and all member countries) gives a damn who gets to be PM as long as that person can find a majority that knows what it wants and acts on it.

"In or out?". I stopped caring a long time ago. I won't lose sleep over either option.

As things are with regard to the job of PM it'll be a case of "dead man walking".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think the EU (and all member countries) gives a damn who gets to be PM as long as that person can find a majority that knows what it wants and acts on it.

"In or out?". I stopped caring a long time ago. I won't lose sleep over either option.

As things are with regard to the job of PM it'll be a case of "dead man walking".
    Talking of " dead men walking " I see the famous DJ " Whispering Bob Harris " survived a similar medical episode to the one that you had while he was out on a 5 mile walk ! Lucky guy.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Talking of " dead men walking " I see the famous DJ " Whispering Bob Harris " survived a similar medical episode to the one that you had while he was out on a 5 mile walk ! Lucky guy.

Regards Tyrone.
    Not quite sure how to respond to that LOL

I'll settle for feeling helluva lucky to be one of the 20% that make it. I get a routine check-up every 6 months but told I'm doing great.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, I see the Germans are at last learning English...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

19. Likes TeachMePlease, Limy Sami, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At last? Listen to this

YouTube

21. Likes barbter, Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I might have told this before, so apologies if I have.

Around 1973 -74, I was installing compressed air lines etc etc in a new spray booth at a Renault main dealers and distributors in SE London, where they had a sort of ''exchange mechanic'' (sounds like a typical motor trade excuse for a piss up doesn't it) but one of their single guys went to a dealer in France, and they in return got a French lad (Jean Paul) who while rather excitable, his English was quite good, if heavily accented.

2 transporters arrived from Southampton, one with Renault 16's on the top deck, the front one of which had caught on a damaged lamppost, which had ripped the roof of said R16 open like a sardine can, ..it was a total write off

On joining us rubberneckers, Jean Paul let out a long stream of excited unintelligible French followed by a Gallic shrug and crystal clear ''Zat is ow you say - fucked''

23. Likes barbter, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL! Well- look at the last line, last word, too!

"versucht" (sought. or tried) doesn't actually mean what it sounds like in English....

... but it "May" as well do!