Close
Login to Your Account
Page 244 of 286 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 5715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    The big losers from a Brexit will be the million or so African EU accepted migrants expelled from the UK.... and most of the demonstrational fury is coming from this quarter.Next biggest losers will be the eastern european states that joined the EU to exploit the wealth of the west ,and steal as much as they can carry away..
    Did you dream that ?

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post

while adding some less developed economies was an iffy decision, stealing is equally a bunch of crap
    Iffy? Not if the Electric/Gas/Water/Petroleum/Telecom companies are state owned.
    Because they can then be forced to privatise, vis-a-vis Greece.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is an old, old directive to young officers when a "Command decision" cannot be delayed:

"Do SOMETHING loo-tenant! Even if it is WRONG!"

No leader long survives with a "deer in the headlights" immobility.

"Wrong" does indeed become the course of action now and then. Too, often, actually.

However...MOVEMENT, even if in the wrong direction, exposes flaws that guide a NEW decision. Which is why the advice is still coming.

Those who purvey it have - at least - survived. If not also prevailed.

Hero? Fool? Or outright charlatan? Boris has done that "something", and HM has approved.

I suspect Farage has called it. Boris/Parliament will NOT do the thing as will satisfy either of leavers or remainers. They will do something "wrong'ish", at best.

Regardless. Arguments have not - and WILL not - end. The gridlock MUST be put behind us.

Patches and fixes can come later. There's nothing else for it.

We are, after all, a very experienced lot as to "patches and fixes".

Wellington's Peninsular campaign?' "Crude approximations, bound up in rope" as I recall.
    Also that crude or not, he did prevail.

We shall "muddle through". Again. We were ever expert at some other thing, were we?

Tuppence worth...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party, AKA the poisoned dwarf, has once again stated that Scotland will leave the UK if we leave the EU.
    This despite the fact that every person in Scotland gets almost £2000/year spent on them than is spent on English people. This money comes from the public purse and will no longer be paid if/when Scotland does a runner. Perhaps the EU will pay it.img_20190823_120.jpg

5. Likes TedinNorfolk liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    The leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party, AKA the poisoned dwarf, has once again stated that Scotland will leave the UK if we leave the EU.
    This despite the fact that every person in Scotland gets almost £2000/year spent on them than is spent on English people. This money comes from the public purse and will no longer be paid if/when Scotland does a runner. Perhaps the EU will pay it.img_20190823_120.jpg
    Excellent...."don't let the door hit you on the way out" is what you tell the Scotts.

"We will start digging the moat on the border day1 after brexit gets signed."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Excellent...."don't let the door hit you on the way out" is what you tell the Scotts.

Not so fast Digger,we need to leave the one way door open for those who wish to escape our evil clutches.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did they not have a referendum and voted to stay with the UK back in 2014.
    So how can she say this? Bit dictorial if you ask me...
    I know we're natural born enemies but i know of a few Scots that are an egg or two short of an omelette...

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post

I can't imagine many, if any, Scot not thinking "Fuck England" if thinking £2,000 is enough to stay if regarded as second class citizens. The next English problem might be Wales and Northern Ireland with the arrogant mentality displayed by some English bastards in PM

BTW have you ever looked at a map of the UK before proposing a moat? LMAO. What you suggest doing is making a canal between the North Sea and the Irish Sea.

united-kingdom-map.jpg

Rebuilding Hadrian's Wall might be cheaper

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    BTW have you ever looked at a map of the UK before proposing a moat? LMAO. What you suggest doing is making a canal between the North Sea and the Irish Sea.

united-kingdom-map.jpg

Just bill it as a lock that will improve travel for fishermen.

11. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't imagine many, if any, Scot not thinking "Fuck England" if thinking £2,000 is enough to stay if regarded as second class citizens. The next English problem might be Wales and Northern Ireland with the arrogant mentality displayed by some English bastards in PM

united-kingdom-map.jpg

Pray tell,where did I mention second class citizens?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If only for the fact it would keep my sister in Scotland the border canal's a good idea, …...….. FYI be about 85 mile long, ...….about 1/3rd longer than the Kiel Canal (and we don't hear any complaints about that) and Scotland already has the Caledonian canal.

And of course the EU can pay for it, .nice big national infrastructure job to keep ''the boys'' going for years, so that's unemployment solved, …..now security?????
    Got it, we'll fill it with salt water crocs (global warming will be a help there) and train the crocs to only eat Scots.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Limy Sami;... and train the crocs to only eat Scots.[/QUOTE]

Some things could leave a bad taste in ones mouth...Have you ever seen a croc turn it's lip up at food

15. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon doesn't read detail well - it's just what his mind read into it because I'd jokingly baited him with the eggs being short of an omelette comment.
    The hot headed red-mist took the bait hook line and sinker.
    That's the trouble with the EU waters - an English fisherman in Spain can catch a madJock in Denmark!
    Still, come Oct 31st...

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pray? That'd be unusual LOL

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know if it's worth wasting my time on but it might be interesting to write as stupidly provocatively posts as some of you do because it seems so easy to keep you busy

Who'll be first to take time to reply to these?

England has invented a new missile. It's called The Civil Servant - it doesn't work and it can't be fired.

What do you call an Englishman with an IQ of 50? Colonel, sir.

They say an Englishman laughs three times at a joke. The first time when everybody else gets it, the second a week later when he thinks he gets it, the third time a month later when somebody explains it to him.

An Englishman went into a hardware store and asked to buy a sink.
    'Would you like one with a plug?' asked the assistant.
    'Don't tell me they've gone electric,' said the Englishman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pray? That'd be unusual LOL
    Oh you didn't realise that that word has more than one meaning. I will ask the same question with a different word.
    Please tell me,where did I mention second class citizens? Yes an answer would be nice.
    Has that helped?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh you didn't realise that that word has more than one meaning. I will ask the same question with a different word.
    Please tell me,where did I mention second class citizens? Yes an answer would be nice.
    Has that helped?
    Nope. Try again

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nope. Try again
    No I won't bother, you have just proved that you are way too thick to understand words of more than one syllable. Perhaps even one syllable is a few too many. Please note,no smiley. Why no smiley? You just are not worth it.

22. Likes converterking liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No I won't bother, you have just proved that you are way too thick to understand words of more than one syllable. Perhaps even one syllable is a few too many. Please note,no smiley. Why no smiley? You just are not worth it.
    That diatribe (too big a word for you?) might have had more effect if you hadn't taken the time to write anything

Damn this is proving more fun than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That diatribe (too big a word for you?) might have had more effect if you hadn't taken the time to write anything

Damn this is proving more fun than I thought.
    If being told the truth about yourself is fun then you must lead a very boring life. Once again,no smiley.

25. Likes converterking liked this post