Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 251
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 251 of 289 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 5778
  1. #5001
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    Brexit? Apparently not a problem.

    brexit.jpg

  2. #5002
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norfolk England
    Posts
    2,122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2497
    Likes (Received)
    1567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Brexit? Apparently not a problem.

    brexit.jpg
    Don't do it Gordo,think of all your Lego pieces going to waste.

  3. #5003
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1696
    Likes (Received)
    1118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Brexit? Apparently not a problem.

    brexit.jpg
    One thing that I've noticed is that on the whole the remaining side are the ones that get triggered and nasty.
    The name callers and the ones who say the leavers need shooting or hanging etc...

  4. Likes digger doug liked this post
  5. #5004
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    4,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2487
    Likes (Received)
    2291

    Default

    I, on the other hand have noticed the opposite. So I guess the problem is that the whole thing has split the country (and the Government) in two. It'll be interesting to see if any of us old farts live long enough for the divisions to heal again.

    I would hope or two things to happen:-
    1) Next time any twit decides to have a referendum, it is specified before hand that a statistically significant majority (say 60% or more) in either direction is required to change the status quo, ante.
    2) Given how dysfunctional our first past the post, two-party-system-with-5-6 parties is when there isn't a very strong majority for one party, that some form of proportional representation is brought in as soon as possible.

  6. Likes Limy Sami, Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
  7. #5005
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14149
    Likes (Received)
    14149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    I, on the other hand have noticed the opposite. So I guess the problem is that the whole thing has split the country (and the Government) in two. It'll be interesting to see if any of us old farts live long enough for the divisions to heal again.

    I would hope or two things to happen:-
    1) Next time any twit decides to have a referendum, it is specified before hand that a statistically significant majority (say 60% or more) in either direction is required to change the status quo, ante.
    2) Given how dysfunctional our first past the post, two-party-system-with-5-6 parties is when there isn't a very strong majority for one party, that some form of proportional representation is brought in as soon as possible.
    Amen to that brother Mark

    & '' It'll be interesting to see if any of us old farts live long enough for the divisions to heal again. I certainly won't .........and would be surprised if the country is healed inside a generation -that is of course without any further ''upsets'' (aka; ain't gunna happen)

    I firmly believe that those of us in our mid 60's and skilled working class, have had the best of Britain,, as I for one wouldn't be expecting anything of what's left to come.

  8. #5006
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    One thing that I've noticed is that on the whole the remaining side are the ones that get triggered and nasty.
    The name callers and the ones who say the leavers need shooting or hanging etc...
    Where are those posts? I'd like to read them.

  9. #5007
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1696
    Likes (Received)
    1118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    I, on the other hand have noticed the opposite.
    But you haven't really Mark, have you

    Everything else spot on - I fully agree with you.

    BTW - ref me calling Mays lot 5th columnist - I see that Hammond said today that he had been advised regarding the voting/support of Boris, by the EU Legal Department. Hmmm...

    Edit - and if PropRep was used, does it not show overwhelmingly that by region and by constituencies, that Leave was a landslide?


    For the resident Trollmeister - just google "Twitter Remainers Triggered" and see what come up for your perusal. There's plenty out there.
    This made me fall off my chair laughing yesterday - Chanel 5 (but with a BBC radio and TV presenter, presenting) with 2x women (the younger one is a childrens presenter) and a biased presenter, against the one bloke
    YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

  10. #5008
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1696
    Likes (Received)
    1118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post

    I firmly believe that those of us in our mid 60's and skilled working class, have had the best of Britain,, as I for one wouldn't be expecting anything of what's left to come.
    You're sounding like my 'ol chap!
    Tyrone will disagree

    Hold tight Sam and remember the plan.
    Boris will buckle and it will be MaysDeal#4.
    #NeverTrustaTory!

  11. #5009
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    Always, at least, two sides to every story. In this case which sounds the more honest?

    Brussels baffled by Boris Johnson's Brexit progress claims

    Does anyone in the UK know what's being said by British negotiators to the EU?

    I can imagine a British advisor saying something like "My negotiations are so secret I don't even know what I'm doing".

    YouTube

    The latest. The British government has just lost its majority (1 MP) in parliament.

    This will all end up either as a musical or a comedy by Hollywood.

    24 Best Brexit Jokes – The Ultimate Collection (2019) | Forex Illustrated

  12. #5010
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1156
    Likes (Received)
    5096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    You're sounding like my 'ol chap!
    Tyrone will disagree

    Hold tight Sam and remember the plan.
    Boris will buckle and it will be MaysDeal#4.
    #NeverTrustaTory!
    I can't speak for Sami but I know one thing - Britain's had the best of me !

    Regards Tyrone.

  13. Likes barbter liked this post
  14. #5011
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14149
    Likes (Received)
    14149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    You're sounding like my 'ol chap!
    Tyrone will disagree

    Hold tight Sam and remember the plan.
    Boris will buckle and it will be MaysDeal#4.
    #NeverTrustaTory!
    It's not the f'kn tories that really worry me, it's the rabble they've stirred up, …...shades of Mosely in the 1930's all over again, ………...and my forbears fought those bastards in the East End.

  15. #5012
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1696
    Likes (Received)
    1118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    It's not the f'kn tories that really worry me, it's the rabble they've stirred up, …...shades of Mosely in the 1930's all over again, ………...and my forbears fought those bastards in the East End.
    I hear you loud and clear.

    Earlier (although in the background) was the PM question time in parliament where Boris was answering questions.
    He dodged a lot as per usual, but did say (unless I misheard and I'm sure I didn't,):-

    The EU want confirmation that Parliament will not block his deal (and thus the house gives him their support)
    That the UK will be free from its shackles to take control of its destiny and be able to make its own deals and forge forward again like 1932 (!)
    That the UK will be out of the common fisheries policy and in control of our waters by 2020

    So the G7 meeting he had with Merkel and Macron must have been successful in the fact that they (collective 3) do have a way forward (and thus a plan)...

  16. #5013
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14149
    Likes (Received)
    14149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I hear you loud and clear.

    Earlier (although in the background) was the PM question time in parliament where Boris was answering questions.
    He dodged a lot as per usual, but did say (unless I misheard and I'm sure I didn't,):-

    The EU want confirmation that Parliament will not block his deal (and thus the house gives him their support)
    That the UK will be free from its shackles to take control of its destiny and be able to make its own deals and forge forward again like 1932 (!)
    That the UK will be out of the common fisheries policy and in control of our waters by 2020

    So the G7 meeting he had with Merkel and Macron must have been successful in the fact that they (collective 3) do have a way forward (and thus a plan)...
    That the HOC will not stand for, so it's back to stalemate, ………., …….and just in case we've forgotten this is only the leaving ''arrangements'' if you like, the real nitty gritty hasn't even started

  17. #5014
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Posts
    3,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7732
    Likes (Received)
    5149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I suppose, knowing the shit state of affairs Deutsche Bank is in, we could be ignoring his comments.
    But...
    YouTube

    "Deutsche Bank’s chief economist, David Folkerts-Landau, not only says that over the medium and long-term a ‘No Deal’ Brexit will make no difference to the British economy, he says an inadequate deal which constrained the British economy would be “a second best solution”. Confirming what many in Downing Street believe, namely that even without the back-stop, May’s regulatory-aligned deal would have detrimentally constrained the dynamic British economy. So-called “regulatory alignment” is an EU imposed constraint on unleashing the British economy to outcompete turgid EU rivals. As the leaked French memo on Friday revealed, Paris fears a resurgent, deregulated dynamic British economy"
    With the caveat that, as an American, I'm NOT an involved party, this ^^^ is pretty much my reasoning for supporting Brexit. It seems entirely plausible. The British people (albeit in the form of the EIC) colonized much of what we know today as the first, or "civilized" world (if that expression is not forbidden speech; it surely is at many US colleges). It sure wasn't their fault that some colonies devolved into today's third world. Apparently, under British administration some of them weren't always the primitive hellholes ("shitholes," to use Trump's description) they are today.

  18. #5015
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    24,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    The latest. The British government has just lost its majority (1 MP) in parliament.
    Maybe mr johnson needs his walking shoes. Or as they say 'let the wild rumpus start.'

  19. #5016
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland- USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1929
    Likes (Received)
    2130

    Default

    And the Yeas have it!

    Lol

    My interest lies with what Brexit implies for European security agreements:

    Explainers search | The Institute for Government

    Vs

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

  20. #5017
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1696
    Likes (Received)
    1118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    And the Yeas have it!

    Lol

    My interest lies with what Brexit implies for European security agreements:

    Explainers search | The Institute for Government

    Vs

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp
    That was something else Boris said today - there will be no detrimental impact to UK security because we'll still be at the forefront dealing with our allies

  21. #5018
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1696
    Likes (Received)
    1118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    With the caveat that, as an American, I'm NOT an involved party, this ^^^ is pretty much my reasoning for supporting Brexit. It seems entirely plausible. The British people (albeit in the form of the EIC) colonized much of what we know today as the first, or "civilized" world (if that expression is not forbidden speech; it surely is at many US colleges). It sure wasn't their fault that some colonies devolved into today's third world. Apparently, under British administration some of them weren't always the primitive hellholes ("shitholes," to use Trump's description) they are today.
    I unfortunately clicked on some things I shouldn't have today....
    They're going absolutely mental down in South Africa. Machetes roaming thugs attacking cars looking for foreigners to kill.
    Burning the buildings of foreigners. Torturing and killing white farmers. But not just whiteys, but Nigerians and Bangladeshis too. They are hating ALL foreigners.
    Hijacking vans and cars at knifepoint.
    Some poor bugger was set alight and burnt to death.
    Not sure what their plan is when the farms stop producing and the supermarkets are all burnt?

  22. #5019
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1156
    Likes (Received)
    5096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    That was something else Boris said today - there will be no detrimental impact to UK security because we'll still be at the forefront dealing with our allies
    If we're not careful we'll be able to count our allies on the fingers of one hand.

    Regards Tyrone.

  23. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
  24. #5020
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    4,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2487
    Likes (Received)
    2291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    If we're not careful we'll be able to count our allies on the fingers of one hand.

    Regards Tyrone.
    After it's had an argument with a circular saw...

  25. Likes Limy Sami liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •