Login to Your Account
Page 255 of 291 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    What,better than telling the truth?
    If we don't have a real Prime Minister what should we call Boris Johnson?
    Useless cunt?

2. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When asked, Mr Johnson said that he'd rather be dead in a ditch than ask the EU for an extension to brexit. I don't know if this counts as depression on Boris's part or as an incitement to violence.

We'll just have to wait and see which ditch he ends up in.

4. Likes Limy Sami, dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    When asked, Mr Johnson said that he'd rather be dead in a ditch than ask the EU for an extension to brexit.
    That could be arranged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see which ditch he ends up in.
    You don't need to know.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Useless cunt?
    Hang on. Who we dissing now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Useless cunt?
    I've got to say he's looking more and more out of his depth as the days go by. This is going to end badly for him.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've got to say he's looking more and more out of his depth as the days go by. This is going to end badly for him.

Regards Tyrone.
    I don't mind it ending badly for him, it's the country going down with him that really concerns me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards Tyrone.
    I just pray that you guys show the US public a good example. Oh BTW I am not the praying type.

dee
    ;-D

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't mind it ending badly for him, it's the country going down with him that really concerns me.
    A small morbid part of me is hoping for a no deal Brexit just to see how things go.

My reasoning is that if things don't go as badly as I think they will then maybe those of us still members can get the EU parliament to meddle less with how we do things.

What's regarded as "normal" in one country sure as hell isn't in others.

12. Likes dcsipo, barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    A small morbid part of me is hoping for a no deal Brexit just to see how things go.

My reasoning is that if things don't go as badly as I think they will then maybe those of us still members can get the EU parliament to meddle less with how we do things.

What's regarded as "normal" in one country sure as hell isn't in others.
    See, when you don't drink so much, sense can come out

Talking of brothers...this is from the brother of the Labour leader whose motto says "we should all be brothers".
    And Hillary Benn whose bill he's talking about, is Chair of the "Exiting the EU Executive Committee"

Ultimately, it comes down to short term V long term in my books, but the country definitely requires strong leadership and a firm direction.
    It's still very early days with the new Con gubmint, but the idea of the opposition shambles getting in and re-privatising just about everything to the tune of 300billion or so, doesn't warm my cockles.
    Whatever happens short term I can live with.
    It's the long term future that I'm more worried about because of my kids, and a country in charge of itself, must surely be the way to go?

Edit:-
    I just read that on the BBC program (question time) last night, one of the Labour front benchers laid out their plan (it's been a long time coming).
    If Labour win the general election, they will negotiate a better deal with the EU.
    And then campaign against that deal to Remain in the EU, in another referendum...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    See, when you don't drink so much, sense can come out.
    Once again I wonder how much you understand what I post.

"My reasoning is that if things don't go as badly as I think they will ……."

Unless I'm very much mistaken you think Brexit (with a possible no deal) will mean that the UK will once again determine all policies with regard to what to do in the best interests of the country. I don't think the UK has been as divided as it is at present in centuries.

If your government is carrying out negotiations with the EU and negotiations with others re import export then it's so secret MI5 must be doing the negotiations.

Serious question. In the event of a no deal Brexit as per October 31st this year how do you imagine things will be for most in the UK in 2020? Much better, very little change or much worse?

If very little change then what has Brexit achieved?

All this money you pay into the EU, will the savings tide you over or are you in fact getting more back that has just gone unnoticed?

Do you ever watch Spanish TV news or read Spanish newspapers?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The House of Lords has just OK'd the proposed law to block Brexit with a "no deal".

Now BJ has the option of postponing Brexit or trying to renegotiate with the EU. Of course he could also get a majority in parliament to vote for "no deal" by October 17. That could also be the day flying pigs can be seen in the UK.

If he's a man of his word there's a good chance his next move will be finding a ditch to be found in.

If only Monty Python existed today they'd have material for years to come.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Useless cunt?
    Now don't go calling Mr. Trump that. He's neither deep nor warm.

17. Likes Milland, Limy Sami, Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards Tyrone.
    Yep, put a fork in him. He's done. Another wingnut bites the dust.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    ...If Labour win the general election, they will negotiate a better deal with the EU.
    And then campaign against that deal to Remain in the EU, in another referendum...
    Is there going to be a general election before October 31? I was watching the House of Commons debates the other day, and the call for a new general election failed- the Labour MP's apparently skipped out before the vote so it couldn't get a majority.

I've never seen an opposition party oppose an election- that's how you get back in power!

I don't understand UK politics, but it appears that Labour wants the Brexit date to come and go, so they can exploit the failure to exit on October 31 for political purposes?

Seems like everyone understands that Labour wants a do-over referendum, why wait? Hold the election as soon as possible, if the Torries win you do a no-deal Brexit. If Labour wins you have a do-over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Is there going to be a general election before October 31? I was watching the House of Commons debates the other day, and the call for a new general election failed- the Labour MP's apparently skipped out before the vote so it couldn't get a majority.

I've never seen an opposition party oppose an election- that's how you get back in power!

I don't understand UK politics, but it appears that Labour wants the Brexit date to come and go, so they can exploit the failure to exit on October 31 for political purposes?

Seems like everyone understands that Labour wants a do-over referendum, why wait? Hold the election as soon as possible, if the Torries win you do a no-deal Brexit. If Labour wins you have a do-over.
    You sorta have it Jancolic, ............….but it's a lot lot more complicated than that, …...basically Labour have to hold off ''allowing'' an election till after Oct 31 in case BJ & Co manage to pull the UK out of the EU - without a deal before the 31st.

We don't have a written constitution, so much of our parliamentary procedure is set on precedent and tradition, and in situations like this, it's very hard for one side to be sure they have all the other's bases covered.

Plus - and it's a big PLUS, Labour have Boris Johnson & Co backed right in to a corner (with more than a little help from the idiot himself! ) with no room to move, and next to zero power, so are going to keep him there as long they can - if only to humiliate and make them sweat, …………………………………….as you can be sure, that were the roles reversed Boris Johnson & CO would be doing exactly the same to Corbyn & Co.

You wrote ''I've never seen an opposition party oppose an election- that's how you get back in power!'' It is, but in this case, the whole razzmatazz is such a poison chalice, nobody wants to be in power until certain things are settled.

21. Likes Trboatworks, jancollc, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post

That's really dastardly of the Labour Party - exploiting Johnson's failure for political purposes - how could they be so mean !

Regards Tyrone.

23. Likes Limy Sami, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's really dastardly of the Labour Party - exploiting Johnson's failure for political purposes - how could they be so mean !

Regards Tyrone.
    Shocking, I shall write to the Times

Disgusted Of Tunbridge Wells

25. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“He is broken, we have an opportunity to bring down Boris and bring down Brexit and we must take that”

A MP on television- didn’t catch the name.

Sniff- kick a man when he is down..
    We colonials have risen about such savagery.

27. Likes jancollc, barbter, daredo222 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    “He is broken, we have an opportunity to bring down Boris and bring down Brexit and we must take that”

A MP on television- didn’t catch the name.

Sniff- kick a man when he is down..
    We colonials have risen about such savagery.
    Somebody on TV had it right - " Johnson is a man of no substance ". Exactly right, and that is being shown up on a daily basis.

Regards Tyrone.

29. Likes Limy Sami liked this post