Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 256
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 256 of 288 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 5752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a clip going around of Boris on the street- man comes up and shakes his hand and tells him-
    “Now get out of my town”...

whew- the people have spoken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Somebody on TV had it right - " Johnson is a man of no substance ". Exactly right, and that is being shown up on a daily basis.

Regards Tyrone.
    Does ego have mass? If that's true, then he certainly has substance.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    There is a clip going around of Boris on the street- man comes up and shakes his hand and tells him-
    “Now get out of my town”...

whew- the people have spoken.

This one, for those that haven't enjoyed it yet.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too close to the truth? The "House" has become The Mad House.

bj.jpg

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post

A - Once again I wonder how much you understand what I post.

B - Unless I'm very much mistaken you think Brexit (with a possible no deal) will mean that the UK will once again determine all policies with regard to what to do in the best interests of the country.

C - I don't think the UK has been as divided as it is at present in centuries.

D - If your government is carrying out negotiations with the EU and negotiations with others re import export then it's so secret MI5 must be doing the negotiations.

E - Serious question. In the event of a no deal Brexit as per October 31st this year how do you imagine things will be for most in the UK in 2020? Much better, very little change or much worse? If very little change then what has Brexit achieved?
    All this money you pay into the EU, will the savings tide you over or are you in fact getting more back that has just gone unnoticed?

F - Do you ever watch Spanish TV news or read Spanish newspapers?
    Okay, here we go...

A =

B = THIS is what I hope - yes. A proper deal and out-out would allow the UK to be in control of its destiny. BUT to do this, you need a strong bunch of people (politicians) to do that. Who are not "the establishment" or bought and paid for by industry or money. I cannot see this happening.

C = Correct. But it's not just politics. Look at the gender shit being forced down everyones throat and being driven into schools. I was reading about gender neutral uniforms being introduced. This and things such as climate change are poisoning our young kids - it's mind manipulation at an early age.
    So it isn't going to get better.

D = They're obviously not carrying out negotiations, as in departments sat around tables. BUT the body language and smiles at the G7 and from what I read, says the deal structure was agreed between Boris Merkel and Macron. Macron would not have stood there afterwards at a press conference, telling the world that the UK people and therefore democracy, must be implemented, if he didn't know what and how the plan was to implement it.
    If he believed in democracy, he'd be listing a little more to the people who for 38 weeks have been smashing his capital city to pieces every weekend, calling for change.

E = It's all serious anyway...
    It depends on your definition of Brexit. If it is the same as Boris, then it seems to be Mays awful surrender treaty agreement (the one the EU wrote and gave her) minus the backstop. So the UK would still be "in" and have less control of its future and finances etc.
    If it was proper Brexit, as previously said, short term hickups where everything gets organised, (the only stumbling block seems to be France and lorries - air travel etc has all been agreed) and then the same or hopefully better.
    As the vid earlier showed the Deutsche Bank guy saying, and Mark Carney Bank of England has u-turned again saying it won't be bad now etc (although that's gov spokesman so I take that with a pinch of salt).
    Money = the Euro is in the shit and the only way it can survive is by structuring the EU into a USA clone. The money being pumped into Poland etc to bring them upto the standards of the other countries (infrastructure etc) is indebting them around their ears.
    As I previously said, the EU are "clever" in the fact that roads, rail, travel and importantly the ease of travel from country to country is what has bought their support from the "people".
    But what the (average) "people" don't realise is at what cost to their countries, as they are getting so indebted to the (EU and other) banks.
    Here's a little article here on Target2. Over the next 5 years, the phrase "Target 2" will become more and more important and heard of, as it cripples more and more countries How the Target2 payment system keeps the Euro Project alive – for now | Cass Business School

F = Not much TV as we don't watch much. We read the press online - this is an on topic piece on the finances of the average Spanish person:-
    "...with the net wealth of Spain’s poorest 50% having decreased by 4% since 2008, according to the Oxfam Intermon report"
    Number of Spain's 'super rich' millionaires surges by 74% in decade as poorest get poorer - Olive Press News Spain

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    This is more of a British way of doing things. Asking politely with a smile on ones face...
    Alex Andreou on Twitter: "“Please leave my town.”
    “I will, very soon.”… "

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More media manipulation.......the guy said "you should be in Brussles negotiating,now get out of my town........" The BBC trimmed it to suit their spin....Trumps got it right....fake news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Britain's greatest strength is its citizens. May it ever be so...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    More media manipulation.......the guy said "you should be in Brussles negotiating,now get out of my town........" The BBC trimmed it to suit their spin....Trumps got it right....fake news.
    More like "facts you don't like". Learn the difference.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    How and what did the BBC trim and what's their spin? At least according to you? Why isn't he negotiating with the EU instead of wasting time on cheap publicity stunts? Hopping around the UK has nothing to do with the EU and negotiations. It's a pre-election show. His "heckler" didn't fall for it.

His reception in Scotland wasn't nearly as polite as what was shown in that clip from England.

The whole mess has become the UK version of "Mission Impossible".

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why isn't he negotiating with the EU instead of wasting time on cheap publicity stunts? .
    He's already negotiated with Merkel and Macaroon at the G7. That's been done. May's poison surrender deal minus the backstop.
    He's now pushing for an early election, in which case he'd win by a landslide, and can then push her "deal" through all before Oct 31st.

So as much as I hate the hypocritical Labour/Libdems/etc opposition, at least they're stopping the surrender treaty from being implemented.
    Revoke/stay in, is better than Mays deal.
    For now...

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    He's already negotiated with Merkel and Macaroon at the G7.
    I'm understanding your problem (and his) more and more. Any "negotiating" he does with Merkel and Macron isn't negotiating with the EU. That's just for show by him for folk like you that don't know how things are done within the EU. They're being polite and talking to him and that just isn't the same thing.

I'm also getting why the EU has been so invisible and without any real influence for the UK if your EU politicians have also been as unaware of how to get things done as you are.

Denmark got 4 exceptions/exemptions against the odds.
    Danish opt-outs from the European Union - Wikipedia
    It can be done but requires doing it right.

It also prompted the remark by the Danish foreign minister, after Denmark beat Germany 2 - 0 (after defeating The Netherlands and France) in the European finals at the same time "If you can't join them, beat them".

YouTube

Countries outside the UK have negotiated with the EU for agreements and trade. You can start with Switzerland, Norway and Iceland and then to countries outside Europe. Get back to me when you've read or figured out how it's done. A hint. It's never done by negotiations with individual leaders of an EU country. No leader of an EU country can speak on behalf of the EU. When they do "make a statement" it's their opinion as leader of their country. Never more than that.

It certainly never hurts to be on good terms with as many EU countries as possible for getting things done. That's something the UK has never done seriously. You are good at constantly complaining about the fact that you pay more into the EU than you feel you get out of it. Leave the EU and you'll find it wasn't all give and no take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Useless cunt?
    " Who called that man a cunt ? - who called that cunt a man ? "

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm understanding your problem (and his) more and more. Any "negotiating" he does with Merkel and Macron isn't negotiating with the EU.
    Soooo condescending Gordo... Once again you're wrong with how the ivory tower works for the big decisions. Although you never admitted it last time of course either...
    Tuesday night last week, before the "support Boris crunch vote", the Tory rebels got agreement that a new 3 month extension will be granted.
    In an evening, not around a big table, not voted for or passed by all the MEPs.
    Just_Like_That. Although no surprise when you're being paid 1Bill per month additional payment...
    It's not what you know, it's who you know...don't you know...Gordo?
    This was on various Twatter sites, but in the interest of showing some "officialdom", here's the Times link Rebels agreed extension with EU leaders before crunch vote | News | The Times

I'll also add that Hammonds nail in his coffin, was because he'd blubbed to Boris (and Cummings) that he'd been asking and getting legal advice from the EU solicitors on what they (Boris/Cummings) were doing...

Regarding the "any negotiating with Merkel and Macron isn't the EU" LLLLLLLMMMMMMFFFFFFAAAAAOOOOOO!!!
    The two biggest economies (well actually number one and 3 because the UK is number 2...literally at the moment...) call the shots.
    And out of that, it is only one, Germany.
    Because France will go-along with ANYTHING Germany agrees with, providing Germany says it consulted France, who agreed.

In other news today, the Labour side has sent out letters (that have arrived in the post today) saying "We need a General Election NOW"!
    Err, except not actually NOW.
    Somewhen, possibly or not soon, but not now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Soooo condescending Gordo... Once again you're wrong with how the ivory tower works for the big decisions. Although you never admitted it last time of course either...
    It might have helped if you'd taken the time to look at and think about my post barbary.

All you do is continuously prove to me that you know SFA about the EU. What is abundantly clear is you like neither Germany or France but that's another matter. You'll need more than your fingers and toes but try counting how many countries there are in the EU.

If as you say the biggest economies call the shots why has the UK achieved as good as nothing?

I'm about 75% in favour of the EU. You are …………… WTF are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seems to be a global malady, The "anyone but him (or her) syndrome".

The world heads of state are merely figure heads. No respect.... and most deserve the attention.

But what to do? Who in their right mind would want the job?
    Only ego centrists are trying for the positions, so we get the best (worst) of a bad lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife sat on a local city council.

The process of body was fairly simple.
    Become informed, assess, vote.

Politics being a requirement of groups facing choices...

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    It seems to be a global malady, The "anyone but him (or her) syndrome".

The world heads of state are merely figure heads. No respect.... and most deserve the attention.

But what to do? Who in their right mind would want the job?
    Only ego centrists are trying for the positions, so we get the best (worst) of a bad lot.
    Personally I prefer prime ministers to presidents. Nope, I don't have the USA or the UK specifically in mind

Germany has a president (Frank-Walter Steinmeier) while Macron is president of France.

President of Germany - Wikipedia

Chancellor of Germany - Wikipedia

President of France - Wikipedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tuesday night last week, before the "support Boris crunch vote", the Tory rebels got agreement that a new 3 month extension will be granted.
    In an evening, not around a big table, not voted for or passed by all the MEPs.
    Just_Like_That. Although no surprise when you're being paid 1Bill per month additional payment...
    It's not what you know, it's who you know...don't you know...Gordo?
    This was on various Twatter sites, but in the interest of showing some "officialdom", here's the Times link Rebels agreed extension with EU leaders before crunch vote | News | The Times

I'll also add that Hammonds nail in his coffin, was because he'd blubbed to Boris (and Cummings) that he'd been asking and getting legal advice from the EU solicitors on what they (Boris/Cummings) were doing...

Regarding the "any negotiating with Merkel and Macron isn't the EU" LLLLLLLMMMMMMFFFFFFAAAAAOOOOOO!!!
    The two biggest economies (well actually number one and 3 because the UK is number 2...literally at the moment...) call the shots.
    And out of that, it is only one, Germany.
    Because France will go-along with ANYTHING Germany agrees with, providing Germany says it consulted France, who agreed.

In other news today, the Labour side has sent out letters (that have arrived in the post today) saying "We need a General Election NOW"!
    Err, except not actually NOW.
    Somewhen, possibly or not soon, but not now...
    How many times do you need to be told that you know nothing ( it may be less than that,I will check). Now please stop annoying my best mate.

21. Likes Limy Sami, barbter liked this post