Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 266
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 266 of 286 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 5719
  1. #5301
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    near Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    5,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    439
    Likes (Received)
    2051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    An AR-10 is perhaps a better match to your preference and inclinations.
    I owned one once. They are shit. The are so light they kick way too much.

  2. #5302
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14131
    Likes (Received)
    14095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    An AR-10 is perhaps a better match to your preference and inclinations. Staying shot is not an issue with the 7.62X51 round.

    But that is so far from the topic of this thread, as are wild pigs and ...Chickens??? . OFGS ... Can't we keep on topic?
    Sure, you can use BJ & his ERG fascist cronies for target practice anytime you like, ……using whatever calibre you prefer, ...............….mines a 12guage 3'' magnum with 00 buck or a Foster slug.

  3. Likes barbter liked this post
  4. #5303
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Sure, you can use BJ & his ERG fascist cronies for target practice anytime you like, ……using whatever calibre you prefer, ...............….mines a 12guage 3'' magnum with 00 buck or a Foster slug.
    Talking of Fascists...

    Here's the Anti Democratic Euro Nationalist Party (LibDims) conference with Mad Dog Verhofstadt (EU Brexit Co-ordinator) as a main speaker.
    And I thought we were all meant to be apologising for empires of the past rather than building new ones?
    Perhaps this new EU empire is going to be soft and cuddly with really nice people running it. Nothing like the old empires...
    YouTube

  5. #5304
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14131
    Likes (Received)
    14095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Talking of Fascists...

    Here's the Anti Democratic Euro Nationalist Party (LibDims) conference with Mad Dog Verhofstadt (EU Brexit Co-ordinator) as a main speaker.
    And I thought we were all meant to be apologising for empires of the past rather than building new ones?
    Perhaps this new EU empire is going to be soft and cuddly with really nice people running it. Nothing like the old empires...
    YouTube

    The Empire Strikes Back! ………………………..now where have I heard that before

  6. Likes barbter liked this post
  7. #5305
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Talking of Fascists...

    Here's the Anti Democratic Euro Nationalist Party (LibDims) conference with Mad Dog Verhofstadt (EU Brexit Co-ordinator) as a main speaker.
    And I thought we were all meant to be apologising for empires of the past rather than building new ones?
    Perhaps this new EU empire is going to be soft and cuddly with really nice people running it. Nothing like the old empires...
    YouTube
    Who could possibly accuse you of being biased? Everybody?

  8. #5306
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Who could possibly accuse you of being biased? Everybody?
    I think their policy of easy passage from country to country is fantastic.
    See - no worries - I can give credit where it is due.

    But I'm not making their one world domination EU army policy.
    And to me, he hangs himself with the shit that he speaks.

    So old wise one, what's your serious take on what he says then?

  9. #5307
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I think their policy of easy passage from country to country is fantastic.
    See - no worries - I can give credit where it is due.

    But I'm not making their one world domination EU army policy.
    And to me, he hangs himself with the shit that he speaks.

    So old wise one, what's your serious take on what he says then?
    The "easy passage from country to country" doesn't really apply to the UK in the same way as the UK isn't part of the Schengen Agreement.

    Who's "he"? BJ has now just left the meeting with the EU and still hasn't brought anything new to the table, just words and threats. If he's changing colour it's more red than green.

    Now if BJ wanted real negotiations with the rest of the EU he'd meet up with something that had a parliamentary majority behind it. With May the EU has three times said "yes" only to have had the agreement rejected each time by the UK parliament. BJ so far has presented NOTHING in writing as to what he wants and that has a parliamentary majority behind it. He makes things up depending on who he's talking to. That can also be described as "winging it".

    You tell me. Exactly what is it a majority in the UK want from the EU with regard to leaving? Not what you want - what a majority wants.

    That you want to leave the EU with or without a deal is obvious to all but you don't have a majority that agrees with you. Your buddy BJ doesn't seem to have a majority either.

  10. #5308
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1151
    Likes (Received)
    5093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Sure, you can use BJ & his ERG fascist cronies for target practice anytime you like, ……using whatever calibre you prefer, ...............….mines a 12guage 3'' magnum with 00 buck or a Foster slug.
    Bloody hell Sami, I would have thought an old engineer would be able to get "gauge" right ! It's not gage either ! I agree with the rest of your sentiments though. Are you watching " Rise Of The Nazis " on BBC TV at the moment ? Very illuminating and worrying at the same time. It's the last episode tonight, were Hitler purges his opponents within the Nazi party. Ring any bells ?

    Regards Tyrone.

  11. #5309
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    I think civil wars have started over less than what's going on.

    Boris Johnson 'chickens' out of own press conference amid noisy protests, leaving empty podium next to Luxembourg's PM

    David Cameron says Boris Johnson shut down Commons to 'restrict' Brexit debate

    Not easy to figure out what’s going on.

    Lib Dems will apply to rejoin EU if Brexit goes ahead, says Chuka Umunna

    I wonder how long it'll be before it all becomes a very funny BBC programme?

  12. #5310
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    The "easy passage from country to country" doesn't really apply to the UK in the same way as the UK isn't part of the Schengen Agreement.

    Who's "he"? BJ has now just left the meeting with the EU and still hasn't brought anything new to the table, just words and threats. If he's changing colour it's more red than green.

    Now if BJ wanted real negotiations with the rest of the EU he'd meet up with something that had a parliamentary majority behind it. With May the EU has three times said "yes" only to have had the agreement rejected each time by the UK parliament. BJ so far has presented NOTHING in writing as to what he wants and that has a parliamentary majority behind it. He makes things up depending on who he's talking to. That can also be described as "winging it".

    You tell me. Exactly what is it a majority in the UK want from the EU with regard to leaving? Not what you want - what a majority wants.

    That you want to leave the EU with or without a deal is obvious to all but you don't have a majority that agrees with you. Your buddy BJ doesn't seem to have a majority either.
    Iv'e said it before and i'll repeat again:- You're reading comprehension sucks.
    #1 Easy passage from country to country DOES apply to me, because I can leave the UK and go on holiday really easy without any sweat. I like that.

    #2 I posted the jerk Verhofstadt ranting about the new world order and Empires etc.
    YOU replied trying to be funny calling me biased.
    I then asked what YOUR opinion was. So was obviously talking about the Verhofstadt video. You know, the one that I posted and you thought I was biased about.

    Your reply rants off in the wrong direction about Boris and repeating your usual "parliamentary majority what does the UK want" verbiage. And for the record, he's not my bloody mate. I've never met the twat.

    God your're hard work.

    So back to where we were then... what was your take on Verhofstadt, and his dream of the European future?

  13. Likes camscan liked this post
  14. #5311
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14131
    Likes (Received)
    14095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post

    . what was your take on Verhofstadt, and his dream of the European future?
    The fella's a c't.

  15. Likes barbter, pressbrake1 liked this post
  16. #5312
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    The fella's a c't.
    I just need to be clear with you, that you're talking about Mad Dog Verhofstadt here...

  17. #5313
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    6,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    736
    Likes (Received)
    2316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Bloody hell Sami, I would have thought an old engineer would be able to get "gauge" right ! It's not gage either ! I agree with the rest of your sentiments though. Are you watching " Rise Of The Nazis " on BBC TV at the moment ? Very illuminating and worrying at the same time. It's the last episode tonight, were Hitler purges his opponents within the Nazi party. Ring any bells ?

    Regards Tyrone.
    The good thing these days is that no significant throngs of supporters are going to chant slogans in unison as an adored leader stands before them.

    We all despise each other just that much. ;-)

  18. #5314
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norfolk England
    Posts
    2,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2491
    Likes (Received)
    1548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I just need to be clear with you, that you're talking about Mad Dog Verhofstadt here...
    Are you threatening my ole' man? Ar cun git Ter Spane know swett,woch yer bak sunny Gym.

  19. Likes barbter, Limy Sami liked this post
  20. #5315
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Very illuminating and worrying at the same time. It's the last episode tonight, were Hitler purges his opponents within the Nazi party. Ring any bells ?

    Regards Tyrone.
    Have you seen many of Verhofstadts rants?
    It looks very similar to you-know-who...

    Regarding the "ConPurge" - I thought they were being allowed back into the party now providing they promised to "behave"?

  21. #5316
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Ar cun git Ter Spane know swett,woch yer bak sunny Gym.
    No you can't.
    Gordo said easy passage doesn't apply to the UK so I guess you're stuck where you are then!
    Or not...

  22. Likes Limy Sami, camscan liked this post
  23. #5317
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14131
    Likes (Received)
    14095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I just need to be clear with you, that you're talking about Mad Dog Verhofstadt here...
    Purely because I don't want to get banned from PM,I was referring to Mad Dog Verhofstadt.

  24. Likes barbter liked this post
  25. #5318
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4007
    Likes (Received)
    12665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    No you can't.
    Gordo said easy passage doesn't apply to the UK so I guess you're stuck where you are then!
    Or not...
    No that was not what I wrote Barbie. Read my post again. Are you trying to be stupid or is it just that you are?

  26. #5319
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1665
    Likes (Received)
    1108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    No that was not what I wrote Barbie. Read my post again. Are you trying to be stupid or is it just that you are?
    The "easy passage from country to country" doesn't really apply to the UK<<<<<Post#5307 IF I COULD BOLD IT AND SCALE IT 10FEET HIGH I WOULD

    NEXT:-
    So back to where we were then... what was your take on Verhofstadt, and his dream of the European future? <<<<Still waiting for your comments?

  27. #5320
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    barcelona, spain
    Posts
    2,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    525
    Likes (Received)
    1421

    Default

    The sensible thing You quote is a good idea, but less than 10% of what is needed.
    You look at physical stuff, well done sir, when in reality economical stuff is much more important.

    And none of the economical stuff has been seriously addressed for the past 2 years of UK brexit kabuki.
    After all, it is only 1/4 of the global trade, and 20x by immediate secondary effects.

    Almost all UK major imports/exports by $$ pass through the EU.
    UK holidaymakers, 6M / yr.
    They don´t have an option.
    They could not go to australia or the US, for example, and would/could not go to russia.

    The typical EU Spain/Greece/Italy will happily charge 100€ for a spot-on visa at arrival, unless one appliead 6 months before in the UK.
    Free money !
    600 M € / yr just on visas, maybe 5x overall.

    On banking, maybe 20B€ /yr on extra fees, audits, permits.
    Great stuff.
    Everyone in the EU will happily charge the UK banking sector under all sorts of new "securities" they have to buy to operate.


    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    This is the internet. Thread drift is a given. Go with the flow....

    Brexit is a great source of entertainment to me. I don't live in either the EU, the UK or RoI and I can't see any downside for my country regardless of outcome. Some minor upside on a successful Brexit possibly but nothing to get too exercised over.
    --

    The sensible thing, *if* Brexit was going to actually happen, was to put the new border in the Irish Sea and let NI become a free trade zone of sorts. What's playing out is just noise. Either the UK will exit sans agreement and the EU will have to build & staff a RoI/NI border (or admit defeat), common sense will prevail and the border will be in the Irish Sea, the UK will revoke Art 50 or........ there'll be another extension so the farce can continue into a new season.

    Place yer bets.......

    PDW


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •