Page 270 of 285 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 5681
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Okay, right very serious basic question time.

I've been pondering this question for some time ;-

For all those pro Brexit and strongly anti EU on this thread, ……...how has an EU decision / ruling / detrimentally affected you or yours personally.
    5379 posts, and NOW you ask a serious question

Regarding your question of affecting me...

Work:-
    The EU (via Euronorms which replaced British Standards) changed material specs for aluminium...
    BS1470 (spec for plate, sheet, and strip) historically covered all aluminium versions that could be produced in this form.
    Gets replaced by a EuroNorm (EN) where the 3 piece standard (composition/form of supply/mech properties) is now replaced by 9 standards.
    Everything is the same and just split out with a load of words and making it harder to understand and cross ref, but the biggest sin of all,
    (quote) "Mechanical properties are similar, but not identical"!!!
    I never realised this because my metal suppliers ALWAYS said the new standard was identical...
    Naughty Naughty with Aerospace products where product life (and drawings) are 20+ years old of course.
    This only bit me a little bit, could have been a whole lot of pain if i had to deal with an un-proactive quality manager...

The working time directive - I just ignored.

REACH and RoHS was a complete nightmare because Customers initially sent out compliance letters and everyone got bent right out of shape without understanding what the requirements actually meant.
    Ultimately as a "down stream user" it never afffected my business, but it did take a huge amount of time (initially) in getting letters from suppliers and compiling of packages to send to my customers.

Home:-
    My wife will have to wait until 66 to collect her pension, when she should receive it at 60.
    She reckons this is costing her around £45k and was changed ref the European Court of Justice (then implemented by the UK gov), in a bid to unify all ages across the EU.
    Interestingly Poland has just brought their ladies back down to 60...

I'm still 50/50 for revoke, and to fight the bastards from the inside.
    But reasons for getting out do keep piling up. I've recently watched quite a bit of the European Parliament, where they are given (sometimes 2 minutes but usually) 60seconds to speak, and then their microphone is cut. Sometimes they're only given 30 seconds and if you're halfway through your speech - tough luck.
    If they are asking a question, then the person the question is addressed to doesn't have to answer it.
    There's 750 members of parliament - the place is so bloody big, hence the 60 seconds to a question limit. There isn't enough time to discuss anything in detail because there's too many of them, so if you can't have a discussion, how can you debate seriously?

What seriously worries me is going forwards...they (EU) can/will do whatever they want. Here's an old vid from David Cameron spelling out the Lisbon Treaty (and demanding a referendum!)
    BrexitDirectAction on Twitter: "THIS NEEDS RETWEETING ENDLESSLY UNTIL BREXIT IS DELIVERED ON 31ST OCTOBER✅… "

And look at who's in the big positions:-
    Juncker - hands all dirty because of the LuxLeaks scandal
    Ursula von der Leyen - ex German defence minister sanctioned 150mill on external consultant advisers and declared less than 3mill...Investigation still ongoing...

Belgium’s foreign minister Didier Reynders is Ursula von der Leyen’s new Justice Commissioner. He's been named by a former Belgium spy as part of a corruption scheme where the former spy testified that Deynders was part of a “veritable criminal association” involving arms sales to the Congo and Libya as well as money-laundering and taking bribes. Investigation still ongoing...

They're spending €21 billion creating a 10,000 strong border force even though only 7 member states meet NATO funding requirements.
    And see the below poster - they even selected a plane with German markings...
    Lastly - the video I posted back (#5303) where Guy Verhofstadt was at the LibDems conference ranting that the EU future is one empire.
    We know that Empire translated into German is Reich...Surely all this makes the average person a little uneasy.
    Doesn't it???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

2. Likes nyc123, john.k, Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Hey, when BJ gets interviewed, his eyes often don't match each other.
    Greed.. Wudd'n yah know it?

Mayhap because his "hot mic" is also a WET Mike?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    ..ranting that the EU future is one empire.
    We know that Empire translated into German is Reich...Surely all this makes the average person a little uneasy.
    Doesn't it???
    The reverse, actually. Check your history. Germans are better than anyone on-planet at LOSING a war, generally in six years or less. Even better? THEY take the heaviest damage hit. Every time.

"Warlike" yes. They are going to keep losing wars they like until somebody else gets it Reich.

PS: I submit the better translation is not "empire" so much as period of "reign", "rule", or perhaps closer yet "regime". What Asians tend to class as a "dynasty", for example, even when it was not "emperors", but "Dukes", Malay Sultans, "Dada", or closer to home, what the Irish called "Kings". Any of those with economic span and power no more significant than that of Mayor of a modern small town, if-even that much.

"Germany" as we know it didn't even exist until well after the American Civil War, after all. Too long a history of its component "states" - tribes even before that - damaging themselves by .. wuddn' yah know it? Practice. At losing endless wars.

No doubt I shall be corrected. "PM doing what PM does best", etc.
    Last edited by thermite; 09-20-2019 at 05:47 AM.

5. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doesn't it???
    You should go on TV as a comedian or into politics

I remember in school History and Geography were 2 subjects that filled up a great deal of time because of the scope and size of the British Reich.

Damn, I forgot it was called The British Empire and was something most were proud of.

Empire good, Reich bad?

Sticking the word "United" onto a country doesn't mean it is united just the same as sticking the word "Democratic" onto a country means it's democratic.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    The reverse, actually. Check your history. Germans are better than anyone on-planet at LOSING a war, generally in six years or less. Even better? THEY take the heaviest damage hit. Every time.

"Warlike" yes. They are going to keep losing wars until somebody else gets it Reich.
    And yet they recover so quickly each time maybe they lose on purpose?

8. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    You should go on TV as a comedian or into politics

I remember in school History and Geography were 2 subjects that filled up a great deal of time because of the scope and size of the British Reich.

Damn, I forgot it was called The British Empire and was something most were proud of.

Empire good, Reich bad?

Sticking the word "United" onto a country doesn't mean it is united just the same as sticking the word "Democratic" onto a country means it's democratic.
    Glad I make you laugh, but remember one thing - just because I live in a country doesn't mean I'm the one that changed its name.

Tell me - are you one of the 51 million that voted for the security and defence implementation - ref the EU wall poster above? I know I certainly didn't, and I'd bet 100bucks you didn't either.
    I bet none of us here did.
    I've been consistent in the fact that I don't trust any of the politicians, and what's happening now in the EU, if you decide to look, seems to be playing out in front of our very eyes.

Talking of consistent - how's it going finding difficult to cross European borders?
    You know, ref your post 5334 and 5335?
    Surely you have some check points of difficulty, because you said so?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And yet they recover so quickly each time maybe they lose on purpose?
    That's simply arrogant, Gordo.

Transferring your own personality trait to an entire nation does not make you a more numerous person. "Citable bad example", singular, rather.

Be thankful your taxes are not based on your inflated opinion of yourself.

VERY thankful!
    Last edited by thermite; 09-20-2019 at 11:19 PM.

11. Likes camscan liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's simply arrogant, Gordo.

Transferring your own personality trait to an entire nation does not make you a more numerous person. "Citable bad example", singular, rather.

Be thankful your taxes are not based on your inflated opinion of yourself.

VERY thankful!
    If one word to you termite could be written it'd be "Balls".

Arrogance could easily be your other aka.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tell me - are you one of the 51 million that voted for the security and defence implementation - ref the EU wall poster above? I know I certainly didn't, and I'd bet 100bucks you didn't either.

Talking of consistent - how's it going finding difficult to cross European borders?
    You know, ref your post 5334 and 5335?
    Surely you have some check points of difficulty, because you said so?
    Hey Gordon,
    You haven't asked me for 100bucks so I guess that's a no, you didn't vote for it then?
    Or know anything about it?

And how's difficult check points coming along?
    I'm assuming it's a bloody long list which is why it's taking you so long to compile/reply

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If one word to you termite could be written it'd be "Balls".
    You mean "vestiges of fossilized balls", my age?

Bloody passage of time eroded the greater part of the mass, long-since. Stolen for the Copper value in Brass, were they? At least I can hobble about and get on and off the loo more easily, so I'm actually far the better for it.

15. Likes Trueturning, triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You mean "vestiges of fossilized balls", my age?

Bloody passage of time eroded the greater part of the mass, long-since. Stolen for the Copper value in Brass, were they? At least I can hobble about and get on and off the loo more easily, so I'm actually far the better for it.
    Now you see a Ol fossil still can get a good compliment right? It translates as manly and courageous. Next thing we know Emanuel will chime in. It is Bizzaro world. Earth is square not round.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Now you see a Ol fossil still can get a good compliment right? It translates as manly and courageous. Next thing we know Emanuel will chime in. It is Bizzaro world. Earth is square not round.
    Well.. thanks for that. I think. But I hafta admit that the last time my name came up on the duty roster and I went at checking it with several thousand miles of string I had saved-up off my old Pittsburgh Sun-Telegraph paper-delivery route and the use of 3-4-5 right triangles? Earth was a tad worn at the sliding edges. It was at least 20 thou out of square. Could was we are due for ordering-up a Bee Axe scraping job to git 'er back into spec?

Classes sold off that effort alone will add a bunch to glow-ball worming. Mought be better off to just switch to higher viscosity "over 5 billion year" way oil and live with a bit of slop to 'er?

18. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At least I can hobble about and get on and off the loo more easily, so I'm actually far the better for it.
    Nice to know you aren't constantly full of shit.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Gordon,
    You haven't asked me for 100bucks so I guess that's a no, you didn't vote for it then?
    Or know anything about it?

And how's difficult check points coming along?
    I'm assuming it's a bloody long list which is why it's taking you so long to compile/reply
    Any point in discussing with you?

Keep selling parrots.

YouTube

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any point in discussing with you?

Keep selling parrots.

YouTube
    It's funny, because you go through a predictable pattern:-
    You're snarky, people here have a go at you, you hide for a while, come back with some gentle posts, then back to your usual snarky self.

So...
    #1 is you can't discuss because you have no reply do you.
    And that's because #2, unlike Thermite, you're FOS.

22. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still handbags at dawn here then

24. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No matter how low we set the standards, he still fails to achieve them....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No matter how low we set the standards, he still fails to achieve them....
    Level the playing field, then. Wild-caught Haggis on its uphill/downhill asymmetrical tiny hooves the weapon of choice. Timed speed-eating contest, bloody rare. "Export grade" Haggis, taken alive or otherwise. As sold to the pretentious Sassenach along with John Walker's poisonous-vile imitation of Scotch Whiskey as enduring-ferocious revenge. You know the ones. No less than 50% retained sheep-shit in the organ-meat filling. You didn't REALLY thing wild Haggis grazed on broom-sedge, didja? Clever little bastids are efficient nocturnal scavengers, stealthily stalking flocks of sheep, rather.

Gordo, finally dealt summick he can actually excel at, goes first. Sets a truly impressive time record, proud sheep-shit eating grin mindful of his old PM avatar ("Colourized" so to speak..) with an un-toppable new Guinness world-record, several Haggishits in....

Thermite, truly gobsmacked, simply concedes in genuine awe - without taking even a single bite.

Nothing less than gracious in defeat, he, slowly wanders off to enjoy the standing rib Sunday carvery with a spot of Colemans and a pint of Pedigree or a wee dram o' Scapa, finished off before elder-fart nap time with a "gentleman's size" Sandeman's "Fundador" and rare and fine Maduro cigar instead. Tough job, but somebody has to do it.

You'd have to know Perfidious Albion, enhanced by post-doctoral training as a Bored Stupified Septic.

"Win-Win" of course. Gordo's been gifted with adhesive material of uncommon quality as can be applied to prevent his clever lego structures being torn asunder in a gale. Clever part is they won't smell a bit different, nor ever give up their inanely tenacious grip on endlessly recycled unreality.

I did say "win-win"?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's funny, because you go through a predictable pattern:-
    You're snarky, people here have a go at you, you hide for a while, come back with some gentle posts, then back to your usual snarky self.

So...
    #1 is you can't discuss because you have no reply do you.
    And that's because #2, unlike Thermite, you're FOS.
    If I'm so predictable why do you keep writing posts addressed to me?

You're the guy that answers a question with a question.

"Why do you talk in questions?"

"Do I?"

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Win-Win" of course. Gordo's been gifted with adhesive material of uncommon quality as can be applied to prevent his clever lego structures being torn asunder in a gale.
    I wish I was part of Lego. termite, have you the slightest idea what the Lego company now owns over and above Lego?