Page 270 of 270 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270
Results 5,381 to 5,383 of 5383
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Okay, right very serious basic question time.

I've been pondering this question for some time ;-

For all those pro Brexit and strongly anti EU on this thread, ……...how has an EU decision / ruling / detrimentally affected you or yours personally.
    5379 posts, and NOW you ask a serious question

Regarding your question of affecting me...

Work:-
    The EU (via Euronorms which replaced British Standards) changed material specs for aluminium...
    BS1470 (spec for plate, sheet, and strip) historically covered all aluminium versions that could be produced in this form.
    Gets replaced by a EuroNorm (EN) where the 3 piece standard (composition/form of supply/mech properties) is now replaced by 9 standards.
    Everything is the same and just split out with a load of words and making it harder to understand and cross ref, but the biggest sin of all,
    (quote) "Mechanical properties are similar, but not identical"!!!
    I never realised this because my metal suppliers ALWAYS said the new standard was identical...
    Naughty Naughty with Aerospace products where product life (and drawings) are 20+ years old of course.
    This only bit me a little bit, could have been a whole lot of pain if i had to deal with an un-proactive quality manager...

The working time directive - I just ignored.

REACH and RoHS was a complete nightmare because Customers initially sent out compliance letters and everyone got bent right out of shape without understanding what the requirements actually meant.
    Ultimately as a "down stream user" it never afffected my business, but it did take a huge amount of time (initially) in getting letters from suppliers and compiling of packages to send to my customers.

Home:-
    My wife will have to wait until 66 to collect her pension, when she should receive it at 60.
    She reckons this is costing her around £45k and was changed ref the European Court of Justice (then implemented by the UK gov), in a bid to unify all ages across the EU.
    Interestingly Poland has just brought their ladies back down to 60...

I'm still 50/50 for revoke, and to fight the bastards from the inside.
    But reasons for getting out do keep piling up. I've recently watched quite a bit of the European Parliament, where they are given (sometimes 2 minutes but usually) 60seconds to speak, and then their microphone is cut. Sometimes they're only given 30 seconds and if you're halfway through your speech - tough luck.
    If they are asking a question, then the person the question is addressed to doesn't have to answer it.
    There's 750 members of parliament - the place is so bloody big, hence the 60 seconds to a question limit. There isn't enough time to discuss anything in detail because there's too many of them, so if you can't have a discussion, how can you debate seriously?

What seriously worries me is going forwards...they (EU) can/will do whatever they want. Here's an old vid from David Cameron spelling out the Lisbon Treaty (and demanding a referendum!)
    BrexitDirectAction on Twitter: "THIS NEEDS RETWEETING ENDLESSLY UNTIL BREXIT IS DELIVERED ON 31ST OCTOBER✅… "

And look at who's in the big positions:-
    Juncker - hands all dirty because of the LuxLeaks scandal
    Ursula von der Leyen - ex German defence minister sanctioned 150mill on external consultant advisers and declared less than 3mill...Investigation still ongoing...

Belgium’s foreign minister Didier Reynders is Ursula von der Leyen’s new Justice Commissioner. He's been named by a former Belgium spy as part of a corruption scheme where the former spy testified that Deynders was part of a “veritable criminal association” involving arms sales to the Congo and Libya as well as money-laundering and taking bribes. Investigation still ongoing...

They're spending €21 billion creating a 10,000 strong border force even though only 7 member states meet NATO funding requirements.
    And see the below poster - they even selected a plane with German markings...
    Lastly - the video I posted back (#5303) where Guy Verhofstadt was at the LibDems conference ranting that the EU future is one empire.
    We know that Empire translated into German is Reich...Surely all this makes the average person a little uneasy.
    Doesn't it???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

2. Likes nyc123, john.k liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Hey, when BJ gets interviewed, his eyes often don't match each other.
    Greed.. Wudd'n yah know it?

Mayhap because his "hot mic" is also a WET Mike?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    ..ranting that the EU future is one empire.
    We know that Empire translated into German is Reich...Surely all this makes the average person a little uneasy.
    Doesn't it???
    The reverse, actually. Check your history. Germans are better than anyone on-planet at LOSING a war, generally in six years or less. Even better? THEY take the heaviest damage hit. Every time.

"Warlike" yes. They are going to keep losing wars until somebody else gets it Reich.