Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 296
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 296 of 325 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 6498
  1. #5901
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1234
    Likes (Received)
    5318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    WotDaFuk are you talkin about?
    Where's your stats to say this?
    The level of abuse that MP's have been subjected to has gone beyond the pale. Maybe you have to actually live here to realise that fact. Women MP's have borne the brunt of it because the perpetrators are cowards.

    Regards Tyrone.

  2. Likes Limy Sami, triumph406, Milland liked this post
  3. #5902
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1234
    Likes (Received)
    5318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    So you've got your red rosette out of the bottom drawer and dusted it off then?
    No, I wear mine all the time.

    Regards Tyrone.

  4. Likes barbter, Limy Sami liked this post
  5. #5903
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    No, I wear mine all the time.

    Regards Tyrone.
    So does everyone else.

    But most are sorta brown, go bright-red only when Parliament or Congress is in session, yah?


  6. #5904
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1986
    Likes (Received)
    1290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    The level of abuse that MP's have been subjected to has gone beyond the pale. Maybe you have to actually live here to realise that fact. Women MP's have borne the brunt of it because the perpetrators are cowards.

    Regards Tyrone.
    I've seen videos of both remain and leave sides being bang out of order. Some is truly shocking.

    What i was questioning was the statement that 406 made saying he thought each female MP has received a letter calling them a dirty bitch and threatening to rape them, and also that 1 in 4 had already been raped?
    I mean, where's the facts?

  7. #5905
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14433
    Likes (Received)
    14498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I've seen videos of both remain and leave sides being bang out of order. Some is truly shocking.

    What i was questioning was the statement that 406 made saying he thought each female MP has received a letter calling them a dirty bitch and threatening to rape them, and also that 1 in 4 had already been raped?
    I mean, where's the facts?
    If that was truly the case A it would have been all over the media to the exclusion of everything else and B, the country more than likely be under marshal law (in English law that mean troops on the streets) and curfew while the perpetrators were found.

  8. #5906
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    64
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    He came on a nation wide radio station phone in run by his pal Farage bigging up one candidate and rubbishing the other one. What would you call it ? Luckily nobody takes a blind bit of notice of what Trump says over here. In fact he's probably done Corbyn a favour.

    Regards Tyrone.
    I would call it what it is - just another foreign official commenting on politics in another country. Get a grip on reality. This sort of commenting by officials has been done countless times before. I cannot understand you people. Everything is some gigantic conspiracy or scandal when it's just another thing.

  9. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
  10. #5907
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1136
    Likes (Received)
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    WotDaFuk are you talkin about?
    Where's your stats to say this?
    from the CDC

    https://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePreventi...actSheet-a.pdf

    A better source your not going to find

    from the pdf

    Nearly 1 in 5 women have been raped in their lifetime while 1 in 71 men have been raped in their lifetime.•

    1 in 6 women have been stalked during their lifetime. 1 in 19 men have experienced stalking in their lifetime.•


    1 in 4 women have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner while 1 in 7 men experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner.

    OK I WAS WRONG! 1 IN 5 WOMEN HAVE BEEN RAPED IN THEIR LIFETIME. SO IT'S PROBABLY SAFE TO SAY 20% OF FEMALE MP'S HAVE BEEN RAPED AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFETIME, OR WILL BE RAPED AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFETIME.

    AND 1 IN 4 FEMALE MP'S HAVE BEEN OR WILL BE VICTIMS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

    ALTHOUGH THE CDC IS A US AGENCY THERE'S NO REASON TO BELIEVE IT'S ANY DIFFERENT IN THE UK.

  11. #5908
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    64
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Nearly 1 in 5 women have been raped in their lifetime while 1 in 71 men have been raped in their lifetime.•

    1 in 6 women have been stalked during their lifetime. 1 in 19 men have experienced stalking in their lifetime.•

    So as many women have been stalked as raped? I'm not buying that. Maybe their definition for "rape" is any unwanted sexual advance. If it's actual, full-on, forced intercourse, I have some high, high doubts about those statistics.

  12. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
  13. #5909
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1136
    Likes (Received)
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    What i was questioning was the statement that 406 made saying he thought each female MP has received a letter calling them a dirty bitch and threatening to rape them, and also that 1 in 4 had already been raped?
    I mean, where's the facts?
    For the 1 in 4 see my previous post.

    Telling a male MP “I’m going to beat the shit out of you” is very different from a rape threat to a female MP. As there’s a 20% chance a female has been, or will be raped in their lifetime, it’s a very real threat. Female MP's aren't anymore immune from either rape threats or death (Jo Cox) than the general population I would wager.

    And for a lot of female MP’s a threat of physical violence will bring back very real memories of a past assault.

    I couldn’t categorically say that every female MP has received some threat, but with the present climate I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised. But then you couldn’t prove they didn’t receive a threat of some sort. And I would almost be certainly right in saying a threat made to a female MP would take a different form than a threat to a male MP.

    There must be a very good reason that there are disproportionly more female MP's stepping down than male MP's.

    Ask some of your female friends/relatives why that could be. Might be an illuminating conversation. get the female perspective.


    YouTuber accused of triggering rape threats could stand for Ukip | Politics | The Guardian

    MP Jess Phillips in web plea 'after 600 rape threats' - BBC News

    MP Jess Phillips in web plea 'after 600 rape threats'

    Stella Creasy - Wikipedia

    from the wiki page

    At the end of July 2013, Creasy received numerous rape threats and other misogynistic messages on her Twitter timeline

    That may have been 2013, but things were a lot more civilized then.

    British Politicians Face More Threats Than Ever Before | OZY

    “We do believe the current context [of abuse] is, in our policing time … unprecedented,” she’s told Parliament’s human rights committee.
    When asked to explain the threat, she says that female MPs and those from ethnic minorities are being “disproportionately targeted.” About 10 MPs accounted for 29 percent of the reports.


    The commissioner adds that the “very considerable rise” in threats made against MPs comes at the same time that “polarized opinions are having a big impact on the nature and scale of protest activity.”

    Basu runs Operation Bridger, a U.K.-wide security operation to safeguard MPs, set up after the murder of Cox by a right-wing extremist during the 2016 Brexit referendum campaign. He says that Brexit “has been a huge driver” of the threats against MPs, with abuse against Leave and Remain supporters “evenly split.”

    Ukip candidate brands Labour MP Jess Phillips a 'b*tch' and doubles down on rape comments at chaotic campaign launch | PoliticsHome.com

    Ukip candidate brands Labour MP Jess Phillips a 'b*tch' and doubles down on rape comments at chaotic campaign launch

    A Ukip candidate has branded a female MP a "giant b*tch" as he refused to apologise for rape comments during the party's official European election campaign launch.

  14. #5910
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1136
    Likes (Received)
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    So as many women have been stalked as raped? I'm not buying that. Maybe their definition for "rape" is any unwanted sexual advance. If it's actual, full-on, forced intercourse, I have some high, high doubts about those statistics.
    Most evidence suggests sexual assault is under reported.

    From the UK, very similar data

    Statistics - Sexual Violence | Rape Crisis England & Wales

  15. #5911
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Meahh.. well at least the stalking and raping that Parliaments and Ministers have visited on the citizenry in general gets plenty of coverage.

  16. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
  17. #5912
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    64
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Most evidence suggests sexual assault is under reported.

    From the UK, very similar data

    Statistics - Sexual Violence | Rape Crisis England & Wales
    Saying as many women have been raped as stalked is quite a stretch. 1 in 5? I call BS. If you count unwanted sexual advances, sure. That could even be a guy taking a pass at a woman - an unwanted kiss. Or a teen trying to get to 3rd base unsuccessfully. But otherwise no. Not if it's full-on intercourse. Go out and ask 50 women. High doubts you'll scrounge up 5. You may not even get 1 in one sampling.

  18. #5913
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    Saying as many women have been raped as stalked is quite a stretch. 1 in 5? I call BS. If you count unwanted sexual advances, sure. That could even be a guy taking a pass at a woman - an unwanted kiss. Or a teen trying to get to 3rd base unsuccessfully. But otherwise no. Not if it's full-on intercourse. Go out and ask 50 women. High doubts you'll scrounge up 5. You may not even get 1 in one sampling.
    Depends on their mood in the moment. Real experience, must ha' been 1966..

    Frustrated male: "So help me, I'll RAPE you!

    Teasing she: "So rape me, I'll HELP you!"

    ....AND how they feel aboucha next hour, day, or decade.

    Can't win.

    Modern "yewth" just give it up and go gay, ambi, agnostic, or auto. Both sides of the plumbing.

  19. #5914
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Midlands UK
    Posts
    519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    298
    Likes (Received)
    514

    Default

    #? Mark Rand I did transpose the date for the Welsh referendum, but the margin was miniscule.

    #5905 LS martial.

    #5911 thermite

    "Meahh.. well at least the stalking and raping that Parliaments and Ministers have visited on the citizenry in general gets plenty of coverage."

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    MPs complain about abuse.
    Labour MPs, who mostly imported the problem, ignored tens of thousands minimum, white female children gang raped by the multiple postal voters.
    Local councils, MPs, police, MSM, supressed the news.
    When the Rotherham report was published, the same parties blamed the reporters, the parents, the children, anybody but the culprits.

    Here is Labour MP Naz Shah on the subject
    Corbyn ally shares message telling Rotherham sex abuse victims to be quiet '''for the good of diversity'''

    But let us moan about some MP being called a bitch, because we have no sense of proportion.

  20. #5915
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1234
    Likes (Received)
    5318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    I would call it what it is - just another foreign official commenting on politics in another country. Get a grip on reality. This sort of commenting by officials has been done countless times before. I cannot understand you people. Everything is some gigantic conspiracy or scandal when it's just another thing.
    I suspect plenty on here would like Trump to be " just another foreign official " but unfortunately for you he's not. He's the POTUS. In spite of the current incumbents best efforts the views of the owner of that office are still front page news.

    I see the latest news is he's had enough of New York and he's off to Florida.

    Regards Tyrone

  21. #5916
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    3,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4032
    Likes (Received)
    12622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    If that was truly the case A it would have been all over the media to the exclusion of everything else and B, the country more than likely be under marshal law (in English law that mean troops on the streets) and curfew while the perpetrators were found.
    Has any newspaper ever taken up "sex news" after News of the World ceased to exist?

    They never seemed to write about much else than sex.

  22. #5917
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1234
    Likes (Received)
    5318

    Default

    When I'm at home I have BBC radio 4 on most of the time. There's a programme on in the morning called " Woman's Hour ". I had it on the other day and women MP's from both parties were recounting their experiences. The figures of cases of Internet abuse and threats were truly staggering. I've no doubt that several women MP's have come to the conclusion that the job isn't worth doing any more if the their lives and the lives of their families are under threat.

    I suspect given the sexual nature of lots of the threats that they are being made by the sort of " mad wankers " who get their kicks out of scaring women. If it wasn't for Brexit they'd be out flashing somewhere.

    Regards Tyrone

  23. Likes barbter, triumph406 liked this post
  24. #5918
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Has any newspaper ever taken up "sex news" after News of the World ceased to exist?

    They never seemed to write about much else than sex.
    ?? Dunno why your shortage of yer favourite porn should become Britain's problem.

    The local sources have gone too tame for yah? Yah gonna starve if Brexit happens?

    Or what?

    How about you just buy a mirror and save on camera batteries and electricity?

  25. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
  26. #5919
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1986
    Likes (Received)
    1290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post

    ALTHOUGH THE CDC IS A US AGENCY THERE'S NO REASON TO BELIEVE IT'S ANY DIFFERENT IN THE UK.
    No need to *shout* - I can plainly see and hear you...

    You're making assumptions. Big assumptions because we're even talking different continent.
    And your line was "I WOULD THINK THAT...(just about every female MP has had a letter/e-mail/voicemail that starts out with "you dirty b****...)

    THAT's where I was coming from.
    You were making big assumptions about a very small percentage of specific females in the HOC...

  27. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
  28. #5920
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1986
    Likes (Received)
    1290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post

    MPs complain about abuse.
    Labour MPs, who mostly imported the problem, ignored tens of thousands minimum, white female children gang raped by the multiple postal voters.
    Local councils, MPs, police, MSM, supressed the news.
    When the Rotherham report was published, the same parties blamed the reporters, the parents, the children, anybody but the culprits.

    Here is Labour MP Naz Shah on the subject
    Corbyn ally shares message telling Rotherham sex abuse victims to be quiet '''for the good of diversity'''

    But let us moan about some MP being called a bitch, because we have no sense of proportion.
    The whole Rotherham child grooming gang does rev me right up. It is without doubt a Gov cover-up from the highest dept.
    Both Gordon Brown (PM at the time) and Jacqui Smith (Home secretary at the time) were complicit in *normalising* this by their actions.
    I've put an extract below from here - Petition * Inquiry Gordon Brown & Jackie Smith MP Permitting Sexual Abuse * Change.org

    Also, Jacqui Smith is now the Chair of a Childrens trust....REALLY!?!?!
    I wouldn't put her in charge of a carpark.
    Sandwell Council to examine plan to save PS14 million in children’s care | Express & Star


    Following the shocking revelations on BBC Radio 4 by former Chief Crown Prosecutor Mr Nazir Afzal, when he revealed a "Government Cover-Up” started 11 years ago in 2008 when the Labour Government under Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, sent-out a circular to all the British police forces’; stating that “...as far as these young girls who are being exploited in towns and cities, we believe they have made an informed choice about their sexual behavior and therefore it is not for you police officers to get involved in.” – is the reason this a Public Inquiry is now being called for.

  29. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •