Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 297
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 297 of 333 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 6651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like Farage has made Johnson an offer he can refuse.

Regards, Tyrone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post

Regards, Tyrone.
    Called an election. Why are we not surprised? May as well chum for sharks.

You'd not be so unkind as to brand me some sort of optimist for predicting a total balls-up.... if we are even THAT lucky, wuddja?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hands up all those who accused the POTUS of interference in Brexit affairs when that POTUS was Obama.
    I don't see many hands.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Hands up all those who accused the POTUS of interference in Brexit affairs when that POTUS was Obama.
    I don't see many hands.
    Hannnnnnggggg on right there young man!
    Bazzer was a good guy. He won the Nobel peace prize.
    Just before bombing Syria...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Got the sequencing right or he'd ha' missed-out on both, yah?

I mean.. funded by Alfred Nobel. Dynamit Nobel, AG

Quid Pro Quo off the back of product endorsement seem to fit?

Lotta that going around since folks quit vaccinating their kids and sech..

6. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Oh you foolish fellow. He won a piece of the nobble prize.

8. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards, Tyrone.
    I had read back awhile, that they (Cummings/Boris) were reeeeeaaaaallly close to having an agreement with Farage and the Brexit party.
    Effectively a coalition to fight the election.
    But at the last minute, M15/M16 stepped in and poo-pooed it because of the ties to the (Brexit) party that Adam Banks has.
    Although the police investigation on him came back clean, I read that M15/M16 subsequently have "dirt" on him.

Regarding the offer...it makes sense to me.
    Farage has said that Boris's central claim that his deal will get Brexit done is effectively bollocks.
    And he says it will kick the can 3 years down road, and then leave UK tied to EU rules because it is a treaty.
    He also said that Brexit party will stand 500 candidates unless Tories agree to leave on WTO terms.

Richard Tice (Chairman of the Brexit Party) said this:-
    We’ve made a reasonable compromise offer to the Tories. Drop the terrible Withdrawal Agreement and take 6 months to negotiate a simple Free Trade Deal using Article 24 of WTO rules.
    If so we can support Boris to build a powerful Leave Alliance to ensure a big majority.

And my take on this is simple.
    There should be only two options now. Revoke and stay as we are, or what Tice is saying - drop the WA as it's shit and do a FTA (which is what Tusk immediately offered the UK all those years ago).

Boris's deal is stinky dog shit and should be treated as such...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And turning that lot on it's head, by refusing to do a deal with Farage, and splitting the Tory vote, he's legitimately got himself ''out from under'' the almighty mess that is Brexit whilst being able to (and quite correctly) claim he couldn't do a deal with Farage for reasons A, B, C & D ....................which would all stand up to a reasonable amount of scrutiny.

11. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If there isn't an alliance between the Brexit Party and the Tories they'll be more or less fighting for the same voters. That could well let Labour in, if so there'll be another referendum and the chances are it'll be bye bye Brexit for the immediate future.

Of course which ever way it goes Brexit will be a running sore for many years to come.

Regards Tyrone.

13. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I don't see many hands.
    I don't honestly think you can compare the two. Obama said he thought we'd be better off staying as we were. Trump has rubbished one of the two candidates in what's basically a two horse race.

Regards Tyrone.

15. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suspect plenty on here would like Trump to be " just another foreign official " but unfortunately for you he's not. He's the POTUS. In spite of the current incumbents best efforts the views of the owner of that office are still front page news.
    Unfortunately for you, it doesn't matter. Obama commented on Brexit before that. Whoops. Interference. US Presidents comment on domestic affairs going on in foreign countries all the time - we sometimes send over troops about them. Whoops. Foreign involvement. Do you really want to look retarded when I produce a list of a ton of things each president and each foreign prime minister or head of state has said regarding politics abroad?

Stop being stupid. Grow up. Put a bandaid on it. You don't like Trump. Who cares. Get over it, move on. Everything the man does is not a crime or some big scandal. Focus on the real things he does that could be. This isn't one of them.

I don't honestly think you can compare the two. Obama said he thought we'd be better off staying as we were. Trump has rubbished one of the two candidates in what's basically a two horse race.
    What an incredibly dumb thing to say. What is it to him? The US is not a member of the EU. Why even comment on it. Blatant double standard there. To make matters worse, what he said turned out to be outright false. "It's not going to happen anytime soon" - yet the USTR already sent a delegation over to meet with the Brits and there have been discussions back and forth over a US-UK trade agreement.

Welp, that rounds up the list to four people now on this forum that have zero credibility and make zero sense.

17. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards Tyrone.
    Bazzer was only doing as he was told...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

19. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    Unfortunately for you, it doesn't matter. Obama commented on Brexit before that. Whoops. Interference. US Presidents comment on domestic affairs going on in foreign countries all the time - we sometimes send over troops about them. Whoops. Foreign involvement. Do you really want to look retarded when I produce a list of a ton of things each president and each foreign prime minister or head of state has said regarding politics abroad?

Stop being stupid. Grow up. Put a bandaid on it. You don't like Trump. Who cares. Get over it, move on. Everything the man does is not a crime or some big scandal. Focus on the real things he does that could be. This isn't one of them.

What an incredibly dumb thing to say. What is it to him? The US is not a member of the EU. Why even comment on it. Blatant double standard there. To make matters worse, what he said turned out to be outright false. "It's not going to happen anytime soon" - yet the USTR already sent a delegation over to meet with the Brits and there have been discussions back and forth over a US-UK trade agreement.

Welp, that rounds up the list to four people now on this forum that have zero credibility and make zero sense.
    Four? FOUR!!!

F**k.

Old age? Nah. Inflation. Featherbedding...

Which four have the duty this hour?

Meant to take turn-about, one at a time. Dammit!

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Four? FOUR!!!
    Bill, I think you're the other 3

22. Likes daredo222 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Purely on grounds of clarity, Is that fig' of 4 including yourself, or is the total now 5?
    Last edited by Limy Sami; 11-01-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You got one thing right - I don't like Trump. I don't think I'm on my own in that respect though.

Regards Tyrone.

25. Likes triumph406, Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You got one thing right - I don't like Trump. I don't think I'm on my own in that respect though.

Regards Tyrone.
    Not overly fond of the need to shit nor piss several times a day, either, but as with Trump or taking anti-parasite purges to get rid of roundworms and tapeworms?

Messy business and annoying or no, it beats all Hell out of the only alternative on-offer whilst the nutcases impeach themselves to holy angel wings and free-everything at no increase in taxes.

Really. They know it is so. Don't even need to ask them. Borrow a red MAGA hat, they'll beat the message into yah at no extra cost.

Told yah there was "free stuff" involved, yah?

27. Likes ManicMetalBasher liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards Tyrone.
    It isn't one thing. The whole thing is right. You don't count it when it's your "side"/"team" that does it. That's idiotic. You're one of the sheep - you guys pick sides and play double standards and talk up whatever new nonsense the media parrots. Critical thinking skill = zero.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The media do spot the truth occasionally, despite what your president claims.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    The media do spot the truth occasionally, despite what your president claims.
    Who says they don't? Why is your immediate reaction to jump to "oh, he thinks everything coming out of the media is BS". Sounds like you're going straight to the extreme on assumptions. And then people complain Trump divides people...

I'm pretty moderate. There is BS on both sides. Typically the loudest people on either side to me are the worst and know the least. The "team" choosers. Like the ones who won't admit the economy was going up before Trump, or the braindead guy here saying Obama's commenting is somehow vastly different from Trump's, or countless numbers of past instances of heads of state commenting on these sorts of things....

It's a circus.