Close
Login to Your Account
Page 297 of 335 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 6681
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    Just because Boris and his mates are entitled fuckwits doesn't mean that Corbyn and his anti-Semite buddies should be the next Government.

Who's likely to do more damage to the country's economy?

Yeah yeah I know - Brexit will be the end of the world so elect Corbyn. Good luck with THAT as an alternative.....

PDW
    Somebody has to form a government. There isn't a realistic third option. Given the damage this lot have done to the fabric of the country in the last ten years I'm not prepared to give them another 5 years to complete the job. We desperately need a change of direction. I'll be voting for the Labour Party. Leaders come and go, I vote for the wave, not the surfer. If I was willing to hold my nose and vote for Tony Blair I can vote for Corbyn.

Regards Tyrone.

2. Likes Limy Sami, Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately, when the self-declared definition of anti-semitism includes any criticism of the policies of the state of Israel, principled people like Mr Corbyn will be labelled as such.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

However,no one gets to vote for Corbyn ,save those enrolled in his electorate.A safe seat for sure ,doubtless full of recent and earlier immigrants ,and one where is likely no need for the Labor candidate to even show during the campaign ..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Unfortunately, when the self-declared definition of anti-semitism includes any criticism of the policies of the state of Israel, principled people like Mr Corbyn will be labelled as such.
    Not only a poor term "anti-semitic", also usually inaccurately used. Nearly always, actually. Not just "now and then".

They may be the most numerous, but not all Semitic peoples are Arabs. Some are Jewish. Though not all Jews are Semitic. And not-only. Lebanese Christians as well. Or some are. And not-only. Ethiopians, too. Or some are.., and... etc.

It isn't a political or religious thing. It's language group origin and the accompanying historical genetics. DNA and language as trace back to the city-state and civilization of Sumer & rather wide surrounds.

I don't think Corbyn is actually anti-semitic, nor even anti-Arab nor Anti-Jewish, let alone anti-Amharic-speaker.. even if he opposes some or most of what the Government of Israel does, has done, indicates they plan to do.

Anti-success? That I could buy.

So I don't KNOW if he deserves the term "principled", either.

Seems more the opportunist, actually. Not just "the usual" as politicians almost ALWAYS are. More so than the average. Corbyn just ain't really "Labour" in my view. A parasite RIDING it, rather.

What is more clear is that - politics aside - he hasn't shown the ABILITY to be at all likely to be an effective PM. IOW - as a Manager, Administrator, or the inspirational leader as can assemble teaming, marshall the votes, or see to other cooperative arrangements to get anything much of any value actually DONE... rather than a professional complainer/obstructor.

Be the UK's face in the face of other world leaders? How's that meant to work?

Winning would require a role change from obstructor to enabler. I just don't see it in him. I don't see anyone WANTING to work with him, either. Not even within his own party. The Tories have no patent on intra-party anarchy.

Not that his lack means the opposition is any BETTER.

Just that we've got s**t-lousy choices on the present menu.

If labour is your choice, then so be it. But is surely ain't based on "Corbyn merit" just because the OTHER choice is "fawlty".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been around politics since the late 1960's. In all that time the right wing Tory supporting gutter press has trashed whoever was the leader of the Labour Party, in or out of power. The only exception to this for a brief period was Tony Blair. That was only because he was kissing Rupert Murdoch's arse.

So you could argue that the way the current gutter press has gone for the current leader, Jeremy Corbyn, is nothing new.
    What is new is the degree of the abuse that has been thrown at him. It's unprecedented in my opinion.

I read the other day that the number 1 culprit in this campaign, " The Daily Mail ", is buying the " I " newspaper. That will mean that 65% of the national newspaper market will be in the control of just two men !

This is the same " Daily Mail " that was the cheerleader for Hitler and the Nazi's before the 1939-45 war !

They are intent on delivering an election result that preserves their power.

Regards Tyrone.

7. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Even if... the news is READ, d'yah really think anyone TRUSTS it?

No matter HOW yah cut it, NO party has ANYBODY exactly "inspirational", do they?

Let alone anyone as looks to be at least a good and honest "steward" - even if NOT inspirational.

The maddening Media are having to prop up damned fools and outright clowns for lack of any more decent options.

Lot of that going around, BTW.

Blighty sure don't hold any sort of patent on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've been around politics since the late 1960's. In all that time the right wing Tory supporting gutter press has trashed whoever was the leader of the Labour Party, in or out of power. The only exception to this for a brief period was Tony Blair. That was only because he was kissing Rupert Murdoch's arse.

So you could argue that the way the current gutter press has gone for the current leader, Jeremy Corbyn, is nothing new.
    What is new is the degree of the abuse that has been thrown at him. It's unprecedented in my opinion.

I read the other day that the number 1 culprit in this campaign, " The Daily Mail ", is buying the " I " newspaper. That will mean that 65% of the national newspaper market will be in the control of just two men !

This is the same " Daily Mail " that was the cheerleader for Hitler and the Nazi's before the 1939-45 war !

They are intent on delivering an election result that preserves their power.

Regards Tyrone.
    Old saying ;- There's only one thing worse that the Daily Mail, it's readers.

10. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Point. On that basis I could be classified as an anti-Semite when what I actually am is a person opposed to the forced displacement of landowners and the 'heads I win tails you lose' differential treatment of building activity by Zionists vis a vis Palestinians in the same territory.

PDW

12. Likes Mark Rand, Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats what happens when you lose a war or two or three.The Palestinians are my definition of stupid people doing stupid things.The Israelis can play them for comic relief any day of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Thats what happens when you lose a war or two or three.The Palestinians are my definition of stupid people doing stupid things.The Israelis can play them for comic relief any day of the week.
    True but that's a separate issue.

I don't accept that the invisible magic sky father gave the Zionists the right by force of arms and blatant discrimination to force people off of their land, nor refuse them building permissions, nor demolish structures, when they don't apply the same rules to all.

Under those circumstances I fully understand the bitterness, the resistance and the long term anger.

However the way they've gone about it has been utterly counterproductive.

And I still think Corbyn is a POS who'll be a disaster as PM but the bright part of that is, it's not my problem and I can't think offhand of anything he can do that'll have any significant effect on Australia so - shrug.

Could be really good entertainment to be had, from a distance.

PDW

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Even if... the news is READ, d'yah really think anyone TRUSTS it?
    Unfortunately, I think they do.

I don't think most people read the news for information tho ... I think most people have a program, then they find a news source that will validate their perspective. It's not really news, in the sense of being an accurate portrayal of fact. Or even an attempt at being an accurate portrayal of fact

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    We seem to be away from Brexit

Re Palestinians. I wonder how many of them realize that they are being played like pawns by other countries who don't want to get "involved" with Israel.

I'm not particularly pro Israel but Israel could remove the Gaza strip and all in it in a very short time. How many countries would put up with constant attacks from "neighbours"?

The chances of Palestinians and Israelis ever negotiating peace are slim to none as long as the Palestinians are encouraged to "revolt" by their Arabic "brothers". Where does the money Palestinians use on weapons come from? To the "brothers" it's a game. To Israel it's survival.

17. Likes Milland liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I'm not particularly pro Israel but Israel could remove the Gaza strip and all in it in a very short time. How many countries would put up with constant attacks from "neighbours"?

The chances of Palestinians and Israelis ever negotiating peace are slim to none as long as the Palestinians are encouraged to "revolt" by their Arabic "brothers". Where does the money Palestinians use on weapons come from? To the "brothers" it's a game. To Israel it's survival.
    Bollocks! Where does the money that Israel spend on weapons come from? One would think that keeping people in enforced ghettos would be anathema to the Israeli population.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bollocks! Where does the money that Israel spend on weapons come from? One would think that keeping people in enforced ghettos would be anathema to the Israeli population.
    You would think that wouldn't you? But they are gods chosen people, so it's ok.

North Korea: China:: Israel: US

Well except the US being the sock puppet so maybe the other way?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Daily Mail circulation 1,246,000
    Guardian circulation 141,000.
    Do you think that you maybe the second largest newspaper is right and a newspaper which begs for donations may not be too clever!
    I dunno, lets check the ratings of the boogieman Fox vs it's competitors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would you suggest that I read the guardian or the daily star?
    You of all people should know ;-

If it's not in the Eastern Daily press, you do not need to know about it. Norfolk News, Sport & What's On - Eastern Daily Press

22. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Much from the US, some from foreign sales. And if you lived in a country that was surrounded by enemies that sought your extinction (not metaphorically, but literally), would you casually invite them to do so?

24. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That comes across as biased. The Palestinians have certainly been fantastic at making it all about them being the victims and you and others buy it.

The Palestinians are being used as canon fodder by their Arabic "brothers". Every time there has been a "peace negotiation" who has turned it down?

If some Welsh started firing rockets into your backyard would you feel sorry for them or do something about it? Same with Sein Fein. I've no sympathy for them but I sure as hell can understand why they became what they did.

What's your thoughts on what Israel could do to satisfy Palestinians and make peace?

Worth noting too.

In 1917, Britain issued the “Balfour Declaration,” which declared its intent to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Although protested by the Arab states, the Balfour Declaration was included in the British mandate over Palestine, which was authorized by the League of Nations in 1922.

guest Guest

Bollocks! Where does the money that Israel spend on weapons come from?
    Mostly from their own economy. $18 Bn defense budget, $3 Bn of that from the US.

US aid to Israel (and Egypt) was negotiated in the Camp David Accords by Jimmy Carter. Israel got $1.8 Bn a year, and Egypt got 75% of that- $1.3 Bn.

Prior to that, we weren't doing much for Israel. Israel's military aid increased under Clinton, and non-military aid was reduced. So today Israel gets about $3 Bn, and Egypt is still at $1.3 Bn or so.

Basically, we pay them to pretend to like each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Daily Mail circulation 1,246,000
    Guardian circulation 141,000.
    Do you think that you maybe the second largest newspaper is right and a newspaper which begs for donations may not be too clever!
    No, not for a minute. Have you ever read " The Daily Mail "? Cancer in print.

Regards Tyrone.